ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Killerslash the picture base (if you refers to my save scene (last images), than yes, this
is a more complex, advance feature of the plugin itself.

@TSR the images you have (if you use default resolution (816x624)), maybe a screenshot
of the settings in a spoiler to take over.

it might take a couple of spoilers, which each spoiler their settings as preview what
they get if they take over the settings.

maybe a highlight part to change colors as well :)

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: is there a way to disable the command window (load/delete/cancel) when selecting a save during saving/loading?

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MakoTorii can you explain more, load, delete, cancel = when you go from title scene
to the save/load scene, ingame to save -> save, load, cancel.

if you disable it, do you dont want them to delete the savefile from the menu?
or not save in a different slot?

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will not restrict the player’s behavior. A prompt has already popped up to confirm YES and NO. If they want to do this, do so.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: is there a way to disable the command window (load/delete/cancel) when selecting a save during saving/loading?
Hello. You mean like the default engine save/load scene? It directly load the game after selecting a file when in the load scene, and directly save the game when in the save scene?

MakoTorii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've made some adjustments to my game and I've been using your script as is, so there's no need to check it out if you want! Thanks for the response, though!

But just to answer, yep. I was referring to the default save/load scene behavior where selecting a save would immediately save/load.

Last edited:
Reactions: TSR

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you give us a demo plugin that I can understand about these images?
Please it’s really important to make my project

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MakoTorii you can also disable the savescene from inside the game, than
save the game instantly (the slot that is accesses by so it overwrite that slot.

if you use YEP_MainMenuManager or another one, that calls common event,
you can create a "save command" to the common event that saves directly.

@Killerslash I can make a tiny Demo, but if you check the params, you can add
the slot image. empty slot image directly.

I should warn you, using images can be complex, but it also take alot of time to
position those correctly.

Even a demo on default size (816x624), and you use 1180x720 for example,
you need to adjust the params settings alot to get it right.

as well for the info you want to show.

The one I made, took me 30-45min to get it right (creating those excluded)
some info like Name, SaveTime, SaveDate, Playtime (as names) are inprinted
on the image itself, as well for icon part.

The Icons on the otherhand is custom made, but to get this nicely done
after some time and working, I was happy, this might be one of the biggest
setup in my game (and help from TSR on some stuff with switch and variables)
on the complex parts.

can you make a sketch how you want the scene to be? and what to show?
(it might be modified in a specific way to make it happen) or move those.
I might be able to help you out.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I used the default size (816x624).
So, send it when you are ready, take your time, and thank you so much.
I will send it a picture for using save plan, just give me 5 minutes, and I will send it.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Save Plan.png
Just like that (your image I found it), BUT it can single actor face and hud without battlebacks background.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you give us a demo plugin that I can understand about these images?
Please it’s really important to make my project
Hello, I didn't forget you @Killerslash, I'll post a tutorial with scenes example and parameters on this thread as soon as I have a little more time on my hand. But the demo from @ShadowDragon might just come before. So, just wait a little more :)
Thanks!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Killerslash While I just see it like that, do you use 3 save slots, are want it be 2 or single?
using images require space, I would recommended at max 3 or lower, using 8-20 saveslots
doesn't matter, but on screen it does.

single slot visible with multiple save is also possible, but from the looks of the image,
do you want the image behind the slot?, and, tiltle2 frame as cursor = mostly stretchy
and not really recommended, but if you can PM me with the details and images you want
to use, I can set it up tomorrow for you. (I can also use flat images (colored images)
with the sizes you MUST follow in order to see it correctly.

if this is in your project, can you PM me, from your TSR_Save plugin settings?
you can do this best in a txt file and go into your project:
js folder -> plugin.js -> and search for:

{"name":"TSR_Save", (full line here) }

and send this line into the txt file, and DM that to me, (this saves me the settings
you have set up)

along with face detail you want there.

when done, I can send the same line (adjusted) back to you along with
the images required. this line is easy to add, and all params are filled in
automatically for you and in working order :)

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshot (126).png
That's not what I mean it, I was saying is that I have one actor character, save slot is no problem for me (And I don't mind using a single slot or more slot, but I prefer to use more slot), what's my problem is when I locked image just like I send it. And look what's compare between my image and your images, mine is not good enough, and your images are much better. All I need to know is just doing just your image exactly.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create Mine images, but those are optional.
the data you have on this image:

File ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Actor LV, HP, MP
Playtime
saveDate . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Actor Face
saveTime

(ignore the dots), on the right side is empty.... are you wanthing there something? or

LEFT SIDE, DATES, MIDDLE: LV, HP, MP, RIGHT: Actor Face (or something else)
Images like I said is best with max 3 on screen, but you can still have 20 slots or more
to save on.

if you want the data centered, I can see what I can do you for you.
(I can include 1 or 2 images include flat cursor. (and create your own using the sizes
I send to you. (fully designed images for saveslots require time)

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create Mine images, but those are optional.
the data you have on this image:

File ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Actor LV, HP, MP
Playtime
saveDate . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Actor Face
saveTime

(ignore the dots), on the right side is empty.... are you wanthing there something? or

LEFT SIDE, DATES, MIDDLE: LV, HP, MP, RIGHT: Actor Face (or something else)
Images like I said is best with max 3 on screen, but you can still have 20 slots or more
to save on.

if you want the data centered, I can see what I can do you for you.
(I can include 1 or 2 images include flat cursor. (and create your own using the sizes
I send to you. (fully designed images for saveslots require time)
Before you do, I will put my save plan and do just like that
File ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Actor LV, HP, MP. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gold
Playtime
saveDate . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Actor Face . . . . . . . . . . . . . Location
saveTime

Like that one I wanted.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Killerslash I got some trouble, moving the status window, and the gold/location.
ti will not take somehow. will come back to you tomorrow, or TSR can fix this for you.
I get some errors, and 1 actor take place of 4 which TSR might be able to fix,
so it has more room.

@TSR are you able to make status section based on how many actors you have?
like a param of max Actors: if 1, is uses a bigger space when when you have 2 or 3?

also, the last section where I put: eval: game.player.gold(), it return to
evalgame.player.gold so I dont know what's wrong with that.

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem, I will continue my project while @TSR can fix the plugin.
Thank you so much for your help.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Killerslash the plugin isn't broken, progress section uses something specific, so I might
done something wrong or miss something, but the sections are working fully, don't worry :)

TSR know the plugins so he can make the tiny adjustment and fix the actor part.
so the face is a bit bigger :) (I will be off, back tomorrow. Good luck on your project
untill than.

EDIT:
@Killerslash here is a preview, but you need to update TSR_Save to the latest version
in order to make this work (you can change the icon for gold, location color if you wish.
also, colors for playtime is not included, but you can add it if you like:

Preview scene: (you can remove playtime text though.
sample.png

Copy and paste in plugins.js (remove the line TSR_Save and replace the line in the spoiler.
it only works if TSR_Save is installed and ACTIVE, else it basicly does nothing:
Code:
{"name":"TSR_Save","status":true,"description":"v1.4.3 Revamp the looks of the Save and Load scenes.","parameters":{"---Saving System---":"","Start From Load Screen":"false","Enable Single Slot":"false","Enable Map Auto Save":"false","Lock Auto Save":"false","Show Auto Save Window":"false","---Auto Save Window---":"","Auto Save Window Text":"Auto saving...","Auto Save Window X":"5","Auto Save Window Y":"56","Auto Save Width":"200","Auto Save Font Size":"28","Auto Save BG Color1":"50, 150, 150, 0.9","Auto Save BG Color2":"25, 100, 100, 0.6","---File Window---":"","Window Margin":"100","File Window X":"50","File Window Y":"50","File Window BG Type":"normal","Window Max Rows":"2","Window Max Files":"10","Window X Padding":"4","Window Y Padding":"8","---Command Window---":"","Command Window Type":"vertical","Command Window X":"200","Command Window Y":"slot + 30","Command Window Width":"200","Command Window BG Type":"normal","Load Command Name":"load","Save Command Name":"save","Delete Command Name":"delete","Start Command Name":"start","Cancel Command Name":"cancel","---Help Window---":"","Show Help Window":"always","Help Window Font Size":"28","Help Window Color1":"50, 150, 150, 0.9","Help Window Color2":"25, 100, 100, 0.6","Help Window X":"8","Help Window Y":"8","Load Screen Help Text":"Select a file to load","Save Screen Help Text":"Select a file to save","---Confirm Window---":"","Enable Confirm Window":"true","Load File Confirm Text":"Load this file?","Delete File Confirm Text":"Delete this file?","Save File Confirm Text":"Overwrite this file?","New File Confirm Text":"Start a new game?","---Backgrounds---":"","Screen background Image":"","Screen Frame Image":"","Saved Files Image":"","Empty Files Image":"","---Cursors---":"","Show Default Cursor":"true","Custom Cursor Name":"","Custom Cursor X Offset":"0","Custom Cursor Y Offset":"0","Custom Cursor Width Offset":"0","Custom Cursor Height Offset":"0","Cursor Blinking":"true","Cursor Smooth Move":"false","Cursor Move Speed":"12","Cursor Moving Sound":"Skill1","Cursor OnSlot Sound":"Equip1","---Save Scene Icons Sheet---":"","Save Scene Icons Sheet Name":"","Save Scene Icons Start Index":"500","Save Scene Icons Frame Size":"32","Save Scene Icons SpriteByRows":"16","Save Scene Icons Auto Scale":"true","---General Section---":"","Show File Id":"true","General List":"Playytime: = Playtime; Saved Date: = Date; Save Time: = Time;","Text X":"15","Text Y":"10","Custom Text":"","General Section Dim Sprite":"true","General Section Width Offset":"45","---Sections---":"","Sections List":"Status; progress","Dim Background Color1":"105, 105, 105, 0.9","Dim Background Color2":"80, 80, 80, 0.6","---Status Section---":"","Party Max Size":"1","Display Party Members":"Faces","Display Status Gauges":"true","Display Battleback":"false","Status Section Dim Sprite":"false","Status Section X Offset":"-25","---Progress Section---":"","Progress Name":"","Progress Name X":"0","Progress Name Y":"50","Progress Name Font Size":"28","Progress Ratio X":"0","Progress Ratio Y":"36","Progress Ratio Font Size":"36","Progress Section Dim Sprite":"false","Progress Icons X":"25","Progress Icons Y":"50","Progress Icons Font Size":"24","Progress Icons Columns Number":"1","Progress Icons Inter Column Space":"48","Progress Icons Inter Row Space":"48","---Text Objects---":"","Display Object":"\"\\\\i[314]: eval: if (game.party.gold()) {game.party.gold()}\\n                  else {\\\"0\\\"},\\n\\n\\n\\\\c[22]Location:\\\\c[0]: \\neval: info.location\"","Progress Object":"\"\""}},

so this give you a headup :)

Last edited:

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello All!
Here's the latest update: TSR_Save v1.4.3

It add 3 parameters to give more latitude over the File Window sections arrangement.
  • Party Max size: The Status section will be splitted by this value. If it is set to 1, the character Status gauges and images will be centered in the section.
  • General Section Width Offsett: This parameter allow to expend (or shrink) the width of the General section to your liking. Note that it allow the General section to overlap with the next section, so keep that in mind.
  • Status Section X Offset: With this parameter, you can move the Status section for better adjustment. Use negative values to move the section to the left. Note that it allow the General Status section to overlap with the other sections, so keep that in mind.
Bellow is an example scene that makes use of these 3 new parameters. The 'Party Max Size' parameter is set to 1 (for a solo actor game), so Haruld Status gauges and face are centered in the section. The Offset parameters are then used to give more space to the General section and move the Status section a bit to the right.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.13.58.png
The parameter settings of this simple scene are detailed in the spoiler:
The File Window base parameters:
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.32.05.png

The Background settings:
Screen Background image is imported in /img/parallaxes
Saved and Empty Files image are imported in /img/picture
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.32.28.png

The custom Cursor settings:
Default cursor is disabled.
The Custom Cursor image is imported in /img/pictures
The X and Y Offset parameters move the cursor up, down, left or right to fit it better over the File slots.
The Width and Height Offset allow to expend or shrink the Custom Cursor image for better fitting over the File Slots.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.32.43.png

The Sections settings:
Show the Status and Progress sections.
Set the color of the background dimmer for all sections.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.33.49.png

The General Section settings:
The new 'General Section Width Offset' parameter expend the width of the section by 120 px.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.33.11.png
A zoom over the General List parameter.
The word 'line' doesn't mean anything for the Plugin. So it add an empty line.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.35.32.png

The Status Section settings:
The new 'Party Max Size' is set to 1, so the contents will be centered in the section.
The new 'Status section X Offset' move the section a little to the right to fit with the 'wider' General section.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.34.36.png

The Progress Section settings:
The Progress Name and Ratio features aren't used in that scene, so turn your attention over the Progress Icons settings...
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.34.55.png

And, finally the 'Display Object' setting:
The icon 314 is linked to the Party gold.
The word 'Location' is linked to the map displayed name stored in the info object. Note the second colon after 'Location' to make the colon actually appears on screen.
Capture d’écran 2020-09-15 à 09.35.17.png

Hope that'll help! :cutesmile: :rock-right:

Regards!

Last edited:

Killerslash

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEEEEESSSSS!!!!
This is what I wanted. Thank you so much. Both of are awesome.
And thanks for the tutorial. After I finish my project, I will give both of you free full games.
:LZScheeze::LZScheeze:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

illuminatigirl.png
Illuminati may be just a cover-up for the actual secret society of Illuminaughty. :kaojoy:
Got distracted... again. So now I'm on project.... 5? 6? I can't even remember off the top of my head how many plugins I have in the works. Though I blame the latest two on a coding youtuber I watch occasionally. He codes in C++ but walks through the process well enough that it inspires me to do similar things for JS plugins. So... blame him for my lack of activity. lol
It's my birthday today! Mom and I went to my favorite Japanese restaurant for lunch and they gave me a Japanese dessert as a birthday surprise. Their salad is SO GOOD. Now we're back home chilling!
Game Theory is great to practice and all... but it is zero substitute for playtesting a game and saying, "Am I having fun?".
Orbiting the cactus
unborn180.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fercha-AT