RMVXA Tumbling Apart

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by tumblingapart_dev, Jan 7, 2019.

1. tumblingapart_dev

tumblingapart_dev Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.03 - 05.34.36.94.jpg

You can't run from the past. But what if you could change it?
    In Tumbling Apart you live the story of Isaac, an ex-addict riddled with guilt over the terrible fate that has befallen his sister. When a mysterious power grants him the ability to re-experience their life and former tribulations, he must harness the potential of altering their tragic destinies while overcoming the greatest struggle of all: the demons deep within one's self.

drinkingoncouch2jpg.jpg

Inspired by other narrative focused games such as To the Moon and Life is Strange, this haunting journey tackles themes and raises questions previously unexplored in the burgeoning genre. Explore the human cost of abusive relationships, alcoholism, drug use and abandonment. Witness the devastating effects of personal loss transform into a hope born from the unlikeliest throes of darkness. Pandora's box will be opened with Tumbling Apart.

sinking2.jpg

I want to deliver a game that will stick with you. Deep down within your gut. Long after you finish playing it.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.03 - 11.48.50.05.jpg

eyepng.png

Thanks to the community for providing me with the tools needed. The game is three quarters complete and greenlit on Steam. I will try to have a Steam page up soon and provide more info for anyone interested.

Here's a vid demonstrating how some of the art is created for anyone interested.

Features:

-An incredibly detailed and varied world awaits you. Lose yourself within dozens of totally unique and colorful environments.
    -A streamlined yet extensive experience. No inventory means less hassle and more time to be totally engaged by the story you are living out.
    -An atmospheric and moving soundtrack.
    -Challenging puzzles
    -Thousands of hand drawn animations draw you into a distinctly personable world.
    -Tumbling Apart breaks the narrative. A groundbreaking tale that deals with realistic themes not yet common in video games.
    -A realistic portrayal of life, love, and one man's race across time to overcome the odds. A journey that will never feel counterfeit. An experience you will never forget.
    -Time travel!

Follow development on twitter for the most recent updates: https://twitter.com/goodnameheredev

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    InkPotion, Kwerty and Jayje like this.
  2. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I gotta say this is a very refreshing use of the RPGMVXA engine. Great presentation. *WATCHING*:cool:

tumblingapart_dev likes this.
  3. VicWhite

VicWhite Star rover Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice art! All the best finishing the game. Let me know if you still need beta testers :)

4. tumblingapart_dev

First Language:
    English
    Thanks to you both! I will definitely need some beta testers. There are several interested (mainly via twitter), but twenty or so will be needed. The game is 75-85% complete, and polishing is still required.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    VicWhite and Jayje like this.
  5. tumblingapart_dev

First Language:
    English
    Have a few more things to show at the moment- an example of the message system, and a youtube vid that gives an idea of some of the effects used. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

Marquise*, jaeroll and Jayje like this.
  6. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I dunno how you managed that but... This feels like an art movie :p

7. tumblingapart_dev

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much Marquise! I've been working on this for about 3 years now, and my main goal is to make something people will remember via the storytelling. Would really love for this to be one that people never forget!

Kwerty and Marquise* like this.
  8. daheji

daheji Call me Dah Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVX
    You've put a lot of work into this game. From the screenshot and video, it feels eerie and sad.
    It looks very good visually. Good job on the hand ! And the cemetery looks scary.

Good luck. I look forward to the complete game.

9. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looks like an original and interesting concept.

Hope you keep updating the thread with new content and get more eyes on this unique project! More content please!

Marquise* and tumblingapart_dev like this.
  10. tumblingapart_dev

First Language:
    English
    A short, 10 minute demo will be releasing soon. Probably in conjunction with the Steam trailer and page going live. Here is a pic:

Untitled23.jpg

Jayje and Kwerty like this.
  11. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i'm definitely down with playing the demo and giving some feedback. Looks great!