Skirata

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

I want to build a lava cave with flames that block your path. The player has to reroute water so it extinguishes the fire. Problem is that this means I need for that water as event (using it on the stone ground tiles, so Dungeo tile set, see the image)
I tried my luck with Photoshop to scrap that together, but it is off, and does not fit well. Water.png
Check how it looks. Below the bridge two event tiles and all at the height of the stone and below are event tiles. With the game running you see it cllipping more. So.. I am just far from happy how it turns out what I do. Is there some way of auto-converting such stuff, or someone who knows where I can get that stuff? I'd need the water as event (so character sheet) for up/down, left/right, and the different corners and junctions.
Or is there a better way to get an flowing water event done?

Attachments

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You gave him a JS file but this thread is in Ace Forum.

When you are good at programming, you can try to convert Shaz' Plugin (that is very usefule btw) to RGSS. I would recommend to just continue with editing the graphics in PS as you already tried, you need some tuning but I'm confident it will work and won't be that difficult once you found out.

Alternatively you can just copy-paste the Map and change the water on the second one. But then you would need a Map Transfer which may look awkward.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You gave him a JS file but this thread is in Ace Forum.
aww, crumbs! I'm sorry :( I need to pay more attention.

When I port that to MZ, I'll see if I can make an Ace version as well. Unfortunately it won't be fast enough to meet your immediate needs.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tsukihime has a tilechange script for ace on himeworks.com
edit:

Skirata

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:thumbsup-left:
Perfect! This works like a charm! Hehe thank you! Now that all my technical issues are out of the way I can get to the actual programming/event doing! Perfect! Thanks a lot.

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

@Skirata You did the Report perfectly right. :) Just so you know, though, it's optional whether you want to have your topic Closed after being solved - if you do, Report it exactly like you did; if you'd rather leave it open, you don't have to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serg1995