Northolt

u wot m8
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm requesting a plugin on turning off the anti-aliasing on the fonts. It's not an issue normally but when you use a pixel font, it blurs edges and takes away that retro feel. I know you can use the VE SFont plugin to display fonts without anti-aliasing but changing your typeface or the size of the font can be a lot of extra work. I feel like turning off anti-aliasing should be straightforward in theory, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. If someone who's more familiar with js or the engine can help out, that would be great.

In the comparison image, the top is with anti-aliasing and the bottom is what it looks like without anti-aliasing.

Comparison.png

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Try adding thee following CSS properties to the elements you want font smoothing off at.

Code:
font-smooth: never;
-webkit-font-smoothing : none;

Northolt

u wot m8
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try adding thee following CSS properties to the elements you want font smoothing off at.

font-smooth: never;
-webkit-font-smoothing : none;

Do I add that to the gamefont CSS file? It doesn't seem to work.

ロリ先輩

ロリだけど先輩だよ
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Took another look at this, and it seems like CSS properties don't apply towards Pixi text objects, and as far as I can find, Pixi Text Objects don't have any functionality to disable/enable font smoothing, since it's rendering to the graphical display rather than the DOM. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD
The game is not even 2% complete, but i just wanted to release something for funsies. :)
It's on my google drive.
It would be awesome if i could get a couple ideas and the like!
So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wispy