Turn Towards This Event

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a command or script call that makes the player turn towards "this" event? Closest thing I could find is in Galv's Move Route Extras:

this.turn_toward(i);

But this needs an Id number. I am looking alternative but for the currently running event. If anyone knows a solution I be much appreciated :)  

thehackeryacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe a little more explanation, I don't know the jscrip, but you should be able to do this with events.

Edit::

Make an event in paralell mode to constantly check then > you can set a variable to players direction by  Variable:xxxx:player Direction (pick a variable , name it ) set it to set> game data> click the box and chose, character>player>direction. Then his direction will always be stored if you need a control loop.

??If he simply steps on a certain spot, that could be triggered to face the event by "move route> player> face (right, left, up, down)" relative to the event.

Are you trying to make the player constantly face the event while on the map, like lock on:?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the reply. I'm making a lot events to where if you a push a button the player will automatically turn to that event. It is not a lock on (that would be sweet to know though). It is for ABS turn to target mob kinda thing I am looking for. Just trying to simplify what i have so don't have make so many changes to each event.

There is no option that I can see in move routes to toward "this event". It could be hidden though, lol .

Edit:

I tried what you said. This doesn't make the player turn to the event that is running. If you or anyone else knows of another solution I'd be happy to hear from you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter