Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a script that adds % chance to resist a state? I don't want to use complete immunity, cause that reduces options in combat or against bosses (cringe)
Like maybe an enemy has a 20% chance to resist a state, another one might have a -35% chance to resist it making it happen more often

thank you in advance

MoonBunny

:^)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Isn't that what State Rate is for? Affecting how likely some State is to apply to the given holder of the trait.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Isn't that what State Rate is for? Affecting how likely some State is to apply to the given holder of the trait.
state rate effects how often the actor applies the state. in looking for something that allows the target to resist it.
like if a state has an 80% chance of being applied from a skill, and the target has a 20% resist, the state will have a 64% chance of being applied

MoonBunny

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
state rate effects how often the actor applies the state. in looking for something that allows the target to resist it.
like if a state has an 80% chance of being applied from a skill, and the target has a 20% resist, the state will have a 64% chance of being applied
You're confusing State Rate and Attack State.
State Rate affects how likely a specified State is to be applied as a result of a skill or item which can apply it. Attack State adds the potential to inflict the state with a normal attack.
With State Rate, you can have a weapon apply Poison at 100%, but the target has 70% State Rate for poison, thus having an effective 30% Poison resistance.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
will that affect the chance of the actor/enemy applying the state though? like if they have a chance to resist a state they apply?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and enemy with "state rate: poison 80%" translates to them having a 20% chance to resist poison.
raising it over 100% makes them more likely to be effected by the state.
element rate works the same way, under 100% = resistance, over 100% = weakness.
(always look at if the parameter is a + sign or a * sign because that makes all the difference in learning what they do)

an actor with a weapon that has the trait "attack state: poison 20%" while using a skill with
"effects: normal attack 100%" means they have a '20% * target state rate' chance to apply poison.

base engine, Luck has an extremely minor effect on state rates. this effect can be increased or removed with plugins that allow you to change the formula for "luck effect"
(i always remove luck effect because i dont like the hidden math when it comes to state rate i only want database numbers)

attack state rate * skill effect rate * target state rate = chance to apply.
attack state 60% * skill effect "normal attack" 150% = 90% * target state rate 80% = 72% chance to apply state (+/- 0.5% from luck difference)

a skill that only has "effect: poison x%" doesnt get a bonus from attack state.
attack state only applies to skills with effect: normal attack %

if using a skill that has normal attack % and its own state % will roll twice for chance to apply. ie:
attack state: poison 40% * effect: normal attack 100% * target state rate 50% = 20%
effect: poison 50% * target state rate 50% = 25%
2 chances to apply the same state but obviously states dont stack if they both happened to proc.

Last edited:

MoonBunny

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
will that affect the chance of the actor/enemy applying the state though? like if they have a chance to resist a state they apply?
In my testing and understanding, State Rate is only for that entity actually receiving the state by some means, not applying it.
I gave a character of State Rate 0% for KO (death), a weapon with Attack State 100% KO, and attacked an enemy with State Rate 100% for KO. The player character's own personal state rate of 0% had no clear effect on the interaction between the weapon effect and the enemy's rate of receiving KO instantly. For clarity, the enemy's HP wasn't dropping to 0 in a single hit, it's a weapon that applies an "instant death" effect on target.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for insta kill immunity never use state resist, only use state rate 0%.
KO state resist will make them immortal even when at 0HP.
KO state rate 0% they will still die from 0HP but be immune to KO attack/skill state apply chance.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Staples