Turning in Place Before Moving

Wolf Rawrrr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Hello *woof*

I would like to have my character turn in place before moving when a directional key is pressed that does not correspond to the direction the character is currently facing, like the way movement works in the Pokémon games. So if the character is facing down and the player presses up, the character will simply face up and not move right away. It would take a second press (or holding up from the start) to make him move. Note that holding a movement key should overwrite this and make the character actually move (as opposed to having to double press; once to change direction and then to move).

I have searched the master list as well as the topics here and I still cannot find what I am looking for. However, I did find a script for RMVX Ace that supposedly does this (link here). Can someone port this to MV? Or point me to an existing MV plugin in case that I just failed to spot it in my search?

Thanks! *woof*

Wolf Rawrrr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Wow! That is exactly what I was looking for! It works perfectly.

Thank you so much, Milena *woof*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another plugin complete and ready for Wednesday!
Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrigamiChan