WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I just finished making "victory" and "scared" poses for my PCs, and planned to have them animate for a moment via events on maps. But for some reason I CANNOT get the players' stepping animation to turn on! I have tried doing it through move routes and script calls, looked up info on this forum, and several others. Is there something I'm missing - some reason why the players won't show a stepping animation for a few seconds?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Thefirelion

TheFireLion Game Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't understand why you can't do this via event, I just tried activating the stepping animation in the MC and it works.

A custom script shouldn't have to intervene here to solve this, do you have any scripts that are related to custom sprite movements?

WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

These appear to set things up so a player animates constantly through a code in their notebox; I need something that will turn the stepping on for a few seconds and back off, via event

I don't understand why you can't do this via event, I just tried activating the stepping animation in the MC and it works.

A custom script shouldn't have to intervene here to solve this, do you have any scripts that are related to custom sprite movements?
Yeah, that's what's boggling my mind - I even made a simple player touch event with a move route to turn stepping on, and nothing happens. It'll only work if repeat is checked, which also freezes the game. None of my plugins seem like something that'd interfere with this.

EDIT: Wait... no, it IS a friggin plugin. One of the same that was mentioned earlier, that I was already using to make the player's companion animate at all times - it also makes the other players unable to step if not all the time...

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You keep referring to plugins - they are Javascript for MV and MZ. But you are posting in VXAce which doesn't have plugins, it has scripts written in Ruby. If you really do mean VXAce, it would prevent future confusion if you used the term 'scripts' because if you ask for a plugin which does X, that is probably what you will get, and it won't run in Ace.

WidgetKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You keep referring to plugins - they are Javascript for MV and MZ. But you are posting in VXAce which doesn't have plugins, it has scripts written in Ruby. If you really do mean VXAce, it would prevent future confusion if you used the term 'scripts' because if you ask for a plugin which does X, that is probably what you will get, and it won't run in Ace.
Ooooooh dangit. No I'm using MV, but had my screen very dim when I made this thread, thought I was already in the right section. Not sure if I can move it or delete it, but the problem is solved anyway

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Moved to MV Support.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly