RMVXA Turovero: The Celestial Tower (Dark Fantasy RPG with Light Horror)

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
The black square is a one way warp from the top of the room, it's not supposed to be activated. If you have the Silver Key you're good. You need both Silver Keys to open the door (the other is beyond the spikes of the upper right portion of the main chamber).
Got both silver keys but where do I put them?

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
After all these hours I have opened that door. Jeeps. !! Why am I the only one having trouble (ha ha).
Thank you so so so much.

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am here again. Sorry. On the same level where you have to use the ember to see your way around. Found the large circle. Have used sniper on one, broken another and used ember on other. Where do I go from here. Been here since we last spoke!!. Thanks

Just gone back and now I can use sniper on it. Tried that several times before?? Strange but will now enter the new hole. Cheers

Last edited:

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Oh Boy! Here again stuck at the flower bed sequence for last 2 hours and counting! Cant get it right. Any chance of a 'spoiler' sequence please.

You know - just got it right whilst waiting for a reply. Sorry. Onwards I go.

Last edited:

RouletteBunnie

Roulette Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love trailer! Looks like an amazing game you created. I will definitely going to check this game out.

Amazing, I love the creativity! <3 Keep up the awesome work!

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am in the chapel with the bells. I have pressed the tiles down in sequence with the bell ringers hymn sheet but the gates wont open. Is this a blip or am I doing something wrong please.

QZProductions

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am in the chapel with the bells. I have pressed the tiles down in sequence with the bell ringers hymn sheet but the gates wont open. Is this a blip or am I doing something wrong please.
You don't press down on them, you use Sniper to hit the bells from the tiles.

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Jeeps. I cant seem to get grips on this game can I? So sorry for pestering you. Yes. It has worked of course.

Hoping this game has many floors to go...you have produced a fantastic game.

QZProductions

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Jeeps. I cant seem to get grips on this game can I? So sorry for pestering you. Yes. It has worked of course.

Hoping this game has many floors to go...you have produced a fantastic game.
Thank you! You've got about 5 left :D

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am stuck with the Light Lotus flowers. I cant figure out where they are suppose to go to have any effect. Can you help please.

QZProductions

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am stuck with the Light Lotus flowers. I cant figure out where they are suppose to go to have any effect. Can you help please.
You can push the flowers in the vases, while the flowers in the ground cannot. Grow them when they are right next to a Grief Eater to get the Grief Eater to move towards the light beam. The puzzle will be solved when all Grief Eaters have been moved into the light beam.

granny steph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I have tried this but clearly not putting them in the right place. Are they placed before you move the grief eaters. Are they moved to stop them moving in the first place?

I have moved the pots to below the eaters. The eaters are either side of the statue with the flowers growing above them. Nothing happens.

OK. I have found the clue at last. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

valarmorghulis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
This game is awesome! I just spend 25 hours playing this. I love the story, it's so meta in a way. Great job for the story. It's the only way that kept me going during those not-so-awesome random encounters (gotta to admit that I hate random encounters in game eventhough they're classic jrpg) because it's so engaging and keep you want to know more. The characters are perfectly made up and those graphics just so good. A very well done indeed to the developer. I'll be waiting for your next game. 4.5/5.0 stars.

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This promises to be a fun and mindbreaking exercise. Somebody ward these kids off the evil stuff.

I reached what's likely the end of Second Floor, and currently this looks to be the hardest puzzle to date (ice floor being a close second, which is embarrassing to admit now that I know how easy it actually is). After I break the first statue by the circle there doesn't appear to be anything else that can be done with them. It doesn't reset either like the ice floor, so I am making progress...

As for the game itself, I would suggest disabling random encounters in rooms with puzzles - or at least, the puzzles that require uncovering stuff, since the battle screen removes all characters/events from sight. It's a minor gripe, but it can make things easier.

Now... I do hope this isn't the kind of game that tracks the amount of times Grief Eater gave a dirty look to a character. I fear the worst here .3. And speaking of characters, they're all a delight, between their dialogue and their portraits. As far as the art goes, it's quality.

QZProductions

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This promises to be a fun and mindbreaking exercise. Somebody ward these kids off the evil stuff.

I reached what's likely the end of Second Floor, and currently this looks to be the hardest puzzle to date (ice floor being a close second, which is embarrassing to admit now that I know how easy it actually is). After I break the first statue by the circle there doesn't appear to be anything else that can be done with them. It doesn't reset either like the ice floor, so I am making progress...

As for the game itself, I would suggest disabling random encounters in rooms with puzzles - or at least, the puzzles that require uncovering stuff, since the battle screen removes all characters/events from sight. It's a minor gripe, but it can make things easier.

Now... I do hope this isn't the kind of game that tracks the amount of times Grief Eater gave a dirty look to a character. I fear the worst here .3. And speaking of characters, they're all a delight, between their dialogue and their portraits. As far as the art goes, it's quality.
Glad you're liking it so far! And FYI, there are monster repellents that will help tremendously with puzzle-heavy sections; just be sure to budget for them. :D

If you'd like, here's a solution to the puzzle you were stuck on:

Read the fronts of the statues for hints on which special fied skill to use: Undergrowth on the top right, Ember on the bottom left, and using Sniper from a distance BEHIND the statue on the bottom right. You already got the Stonecleaver statue haha

Hope this helps! And yes, be very afraid >:3 mwahahahaha

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
See, this is exactly why I feel bad about mentioning me having trouble with puzzles: the solution is blindingly obvious to anyone who doesn't have the attention span of a goldfish (that being me).

Chapters Three and Four came... with some revelations. Let's start with a tame one: the little bug that I found.

I picked Wheat Seeds as the last batch, yet the dialogue between the two made it sound like it was the first one (which was Rose Seeds). Pumpkin Seeds read as if they were the next batch picked up, so I guess something didn't check out with the variable, or there's an event page missing.

Now, onto the big one.
I called the team being reincarnations of Gods - or something to that effect - around five minutes in. Obviously that wasn't going to be the big reveal: no, that's who the Dark One is and what follows after. I'm guessing one of the four is chosen at the Second Spring of Truths once the total SAN scores are counted up, and... Sigurd got the short end of the stick. To wit: Carried the flower, stood on button, Path of Life, killed the pigeon, took the elevator. Out of curiosity: how many points does the last choice (both here and in the Town of Ruins) carry? Considering it dumps just about the whole story on the unfortunate sod, is it the last-minute choice to decide who gets the short end of the stick?

...I'm guessing it's not possible to distribute SAN penalties so that no one breaks. Now the man has a shadowed face and his portrait is all messed up and I don't like this one bit. ;-; Incidentally, I expected some kind of portrait change as well, but more among the lines of the whole party slowly losing their marbles.

As an addendum...

The Rose Garden felt more effective in how awful an experience it was for the guys, chiefly because of how the whimsical tone and the bright palette of colors made the coming reveals (the rose puzzle became disturbing the moment the word "deflowering" came into view). It was also, however, quite much more difficult, and not just because Leelee was at Sleepy Hollow with Ruby. Viveca was a slog to go through, mostly because lowering Sigurd's ATK made him largely useless. By comparison, I lucked out on Mortia's Deadly Roulette and whenever Ruby was taunted she could always Provoke Leelee for further Tree Smiting - but, the spooky town filled with undead just wasn't doing it for me, good music aside.

QZProductions

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
See, this is exactly why I feel bad about mentioning me having trouble with puzzles: the solution is blindingly obvious to anyone who doesn't have the attention span of a goldfish (that being me).

Chapters Three and Four came... with some revelations. Let's start with a tame one: the little bug that I found.

I picked Wheat Seeds as the last batch, yet the dialogue between the two made it sound like it was the first one (which was Rose Seeds). Pumpkin Seeds read as if they were the next batch picked up, so I guess something didn't check out with the variable, or there's an event page missing.

Now, onto the big one.
I called the team being reincarnations of Gods - or something to that effect - around five minutes in. Obviously that wasn't going to be the big reveal: no, that's who the Dark One is and what follows after. I'm guessing one of the four is chosen at the Second Spring of Truths once the total SAN scores are counted up, and... Sigurd got the short end of the stick. To wit: Carried the flower, stood on button, Path of Life, killed the pigeon, took the elevator. Out of curiosity: how many points does the last choice (both here and in the Town of Ruins) carry? Considering it dumps just about the whole story on the unfortunate sod, is it the last-minute choice to decide who gets the short end of the stick?

...I'm guessing it's not possible to distribute SAN penalties so that no one breaks. Now the man has a shadowed face and his portrait is all messed up and I don't like this one bit. ;-; Incidentally, I expected some kind of portrait change as well, but more among the lines of the whole party slowly losing their marbles.

As an addendum...

The Rose Garden felt more effective in how awful an experience it was for the guys, chiefly because of how the whimsical tone and the bright palette of colors made the coming reveals (the rose puzzle became disturbing the moment the word "deflowering" came into view). It was also, however, quite much more difficult, and not just because Leelee was at Sleepy Hollow with Ruby. Viveca was a slog to go through, mostly because lowering Sigurd's ATK made him largely useless. By comparison, I lucked out on Mortia's Deadly Roulette and whenever Ruby was taunted she could always Provoke Leelee for further Tree Smiting - but, the spooky town filled with undead just wasn't doing it for me, good music aside.
Thanks for the feedback!

You're correct about most of the mechanics in determining who becomes the Dark One, but the last minute choice at the bosses of each level don't necessarily determine the outcome. They do, however, carry the greatest weight (I think it adds to the variable by 5, where as the others add 1, 2, or 3). Getting hit by grief eater "stares into your soul" attacks also contributes, as does dying in battle. So by that sequence of events, WOW, you were super mean to poor Siggy LMAO

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To my credit, I realized too late what I'm about to unleash. .3.

And speaking of unleashing... well, I just reached the Chapel.

So I thought that "one of the dudes is a Dark One" is a twist... and certainly not that this is, in fact, a RPG session by four nerds who went through some serious sheep. Or rather, a dying hallucination, because it looks to me like Siggy gassed the whole place where the four of them lived. I'm curious to know if the real-life big event changes depending on who is a Dark One.

I knew the least about Edric's, so his hit the hardest. I also blundered and thought Ruby's going to be a yakuza princess - 'cause ninjas, duh - and not a journalist's daughter (and certainly not from Japan, but I guess that was obvious and I just got thrown in for a loop.) I'm guessing the motif is "the strain of hardship broke the Dark One which caused them to try and kill the others".

I'm still not sure if I understand Amitiel's role in all this however. Is she an actual angel or rather another figment of imagination symbolizing the party's resolve to save Siggy? Who are the Guardians then? (Vivuca and Mortia, at least. And that poor dragon, ouch)

Now, onto some mechanical things...

I missed out on, I'm guessing, Leilia's ultimate weapon. I thought I replicated the garden perfectly, but something was missing. The birds, chiefly, but I wasn't exactly sure how to replicate them.

And as for the chapel itself, oh dear, can the Syrins get bent. They're the hardest regular enemy around, bar none: they're fast, they hit hard, they throw out Confusion and party heals without a care in the world... they make the Unicorns look utterly tame in comparison.

I'm a massive sucker for dynamic title screens since Death's Gambit, so this one was a welcome - and sad - surprise, as was finding out how utterly defaced Sigurd's entry in the biographies was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

redrawing one of three my VNM protags
I'm making my game in both English and Portuguese. I wonder if I should add Spanish too? :v
Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
So looks like the last Star Wars movie sucked. We feared George would kill his own legacy after Episode 1. But look like he handed off to others to put it out of its misery. Does that count as assisted suicide?
Brother made thumbnails for my Lets Plays. He's a swood dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeachParfait