RMMV Turtles/Zelda: Ninjas in Hyrule

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by SmasHeroS, Aug 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SmasHeroS

SmasHeroS Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, this is my first RPG game and I have an idea, hopefully it doesn't cause any copyright infringement.

STORY
    After ending up in Hyrule by accident, the Ninja Turtles finds the kingdom itself corrupted by Ganon with Link missing. They must work together with their Hyrulean allies to defeat the most powerful villain.

MECHANICS
    The overworld map to be like the original Zelda from NES while some parts of the map to have Skyloft, Death Mountain, Twilight Realm, and Central Hyrule (BOTW).

CHARACTERS
    Here are the playable characters so far. There may be more to come. Planning to have an OC for this game.

Leonardo
    Raphael
    Michelangelo
    Donatello
    Link
    Zelda
    Impa
    Sheik
    Darunia
    Ruto
    Fi

SETTING
    The game takes place mostly in Hyrule and some parts in New York City.

If you support my ideas and have your own, reply here.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Jchurch9 likes this.
  2. DewottKid

DewottKid Pyromancer Veteran

Neo Arcadia, Nabes Desert, Kingdom of Nogarde
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This looks like a fun and interesting idea! I'm really looking forward to it. Here are some basic tips.
    • Look at lots of tutorials! Knowing how to actually use the engine is the most important part of making a game, and if you don't actually know what the database commands do, then your going to get something like my first game. *shudder* :kaodes:
    • Learn to Map! Mapping skills can make or break you first game. Trust me, I know. They can really affect the first impressions of your game and first impressions are always very important, especially if it is a small indie dev creating his/her (SJW: Did you just assume xis gender? :kaomad2: DK: Shut up rainbow hair. :kaolivid:) first game on RPG Maker.
    • Finally, never give up! :kaosalute:Never stop making your game. Even if your game ends up being crap or your head-canon has a major retcon, don't though your game into the toilet. Always keep going. Heck, if I didn't trash my last 5 games I might have acually finished one of them! :kaoeh:
    Keep going, never give up, learn to map, learn to RPG Make, and stay awesome. Have a wonderful day.

SmasHeroS likes this.
  3. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The entire game concept is copyright infringement. Don't let that stop you from making a fan game but know the realities of what you are trying to go.

Good luck.

HawkZombie and MaGicBush like this.
  4. Idiot

Idiot save early, save often, save versions Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If this is your first RPG game, I would definitely scope down from everything youre planning. Maybe have 4 playable characters and explore 3 areas. Once you can do all that, you can always expans it in the future, but starting small will always help you be able to get all of your ducks in a line so you can make a fun, coherent game.

5. Jchurch9

Jchurch9 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I will play this.

6. SmasHeroS

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you all. I'm aware of the infringements, which is why this game is just for fun and not for profit. Is there a way to have the RPG game for free?

7. SmasHeroS

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Does anyone know if there's a way to collaborate a project? Just wondering.

8. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    We have a Project Recruitment forum, where you can look for team members/collaborators. Be sure to read the rules and guidelines before you make a thread.

9. SmasHeroS

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, slim. I'll be sure to try. NOTE: My game is NOT for profit.