Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is strange. I want this dialogue to play only in this troop encounter. How come it pops up again in the other battles as well?

aas.png

Funny. I remember doing something like this before, but don't recall running into this issue. :v

Appreciate any help! =w=

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are you running any plugins? I could be making things up, but I seem to recall that one of VisuStella's plugins has some type of "troop template" thingy, where you can design one troop event and have it apply to all of your troops.

It didn't sound like a feature that I had any interest in, so I didn't bother to remember which plugin it was, or how to activate the feature, but I would guess that you're maybe using that plugin and are accidentally using that feature.

Enigman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It pops up for other battles for the same troop type? By default, it looks like your event will occur every time there is a battle with that troop type. I don't see anything in your code that would make the condition false. That is, every time that troop is engaged, in every battle, it will show your choices.

If you have done it previously, you probably set a variable after the choice prompts to go through the tutorial. Then the next time the troop is encountered, the variable is checked to see if it should prompt again. The variable would need to be available outside the scope of your battle event otherwise each new troop instance would result in the dialog appearing once again.

You'll probably want to set a control variable outside of the battle event, set it depending on whether they select the tutorial and have a check to see the state of that variable before presenting the choice. Or move the tutorial choices to a common event and set the variable there, if it's set, don't run the tutorial prompt. Then you would call the common event from your battle event.

There are undoubtably plugins out there that would achieve the same result and someone more knowledgeable will probably have the answer.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is strange. I want this dialogue to play only in this troop encounter. How come it pops up again in the other battles as well?

aas.png

Funny. I remember doing something like this before, but don't recall running into this issue. :v

Appreciate any help! =w=
I asked the same question on the VisuStella Sample Project Help Thread and received this answer.

Is this battle event in troop1? Which by default will run on every battle?

VisuMZ_1_BattleCore > Mechanics Settings > Base Troop ID's

Whichever base troop ID is set here will run for every battle.

If you're using VisuStella BattleCore plugin, this may be your answer as well.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you running any plugins? I could be making things up, but I seem to recall that one of VisuStella's plugins has some type of "troop template" thingy, where you can design one troop event and have it apply to all of your troops.

Yep. This was the culprit. Thanks, guys!
100.gif

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really liked how this one turned out! :kaopride:
WYqMPf6.png

Character (Yes, this is a character): Nibiru the Primal Being from Yugioh.
Dragon Quest style enemy selection plugin work in progress:

Quest_Targeting.png

It's a simple targeting system from the NES era. Select an enemy group; single-target skills will target the first enemy in that group.

Quest-Targeting-Animated.gif
Somehow that granny topic got me... maybe I can come up with some more thematic stuff :3
Going live for tonight's stream! Kytt isn't feeling 100% tonight so the wifestream will be tomorrow and I'll be playing Final Fantasy XIV for this one instead. Twitch
i got bronchitis ; n ;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RiceKun