RedKitsune

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I don't know how many people have experienced this but I have a query.
I'm very new (bought and downloaded literally today) and I'm going through the tutorials as one does. I say tutorials, but it's more like tutorial singular. I can't get past the second tutorial, the dialogue one, because the info box thing flies off the screen and I can't press next. It goes so fast that I had to take a screenshot as soon as I got to the point where it would appear just to read it! The specific box I get to is the one that says where you can see actor coordinates, so you have to hit next in order to move on. Which I can't click, because the box goes so far off-screen that I can't scroll to it! Is this just me? Is there something wrong on my end? Or have other people seen this glitch?
(Oh, side note, I have seen this glitch with the first tutorial as well. However, in that one, I was able to continue on because what I needed to do was separate from clicking next, so I'm starting to think that it's a problem on my end)
Please tell me I'm not alone on this, I want to get through the tutorials.

Solos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're having the same problem as I did last night when I was going through the tutorial. I had the same issue but I was able to find a youtube video to help show the tutorial.

The youtube video to show Tutorial 2:
That should help you be able to get the idea of tutorial 2 without having to do it on your end. I don't know why the text box goes off-screen during the early parts of the tutorial. I do hope it gets fixed in an update.

Also, for the point where the bug appears, it is during the point where the tutorial is asking you to double click on the Normal Town map to place Villager1 at the points (17, 16) at the crossroad in the map.

ZombieKidzRule

Aren't these two Zombie Kidz cute?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The built in series of tutorials have a number of mistakes in them. I bought MZ about 3 weeks ago and went through the built in tutorials. I got stuck a number of times and had to look very carefully to figure a few things out. I also had to resort to other tutorials which helped me identify some of the problems with the built in tutorials. Just keep at it and good luck!

RedKitsune

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahh, thanks guys! And thanks for providing a video Solos, I wasn't sure where to find it.

Crossbow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I don't know how many people have experienced this but I have a query.
I'm very new (bought and downloaded literally today) and I'm going through the tutorials as one does. I say tutorials, but it's more like tutorial singular. I can't get past the second tutorial, the dialogue one, because the info box thing flies off the screen and I can't press next. It goes so fast that I had to take a screenshot as soon as I got to the point where it would appear just to read it! The specific box I get to is the one that says where you can see actor coordinates, so you have to hit next in order to move on. Which I can't click, because the box goes so far off-screen that I can't scroll to it! Is this just me? Is there something wrong on my end? Or have other people seen this glitch?
(Oh, side note, I have seen this glitch with the first tutorial as well. However, in that one, I was able to continue on because what I needed to do was separate from clicking next, so I'm starting to think that it's a problem on my end)
Please tell me I'm not alone on this, I want to get through the tutorials.
I had this same problem and ended up just skipping that particular tutorial.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Project Zelda!

The title screen lacked enough sparkles... this oversight has been rectified. :kaopride:
67 frames for a dragon transformation? Eh, seems about right. XD
It's not about your writing, it's about your mapping.
Newbie, please be gentle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voxet