TalalAlgreby

Cupcakes Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Hello Everyone =)

i'm currently trying to add a feature to my game.

since i will have many mechanics (some may be complicated to understand from the first time)

I need a help/tutorial menu to be an option.

so when the player gets lost he can open the menu and click Help to search for what he need.

So what i want for it to do is show text AS well as Pictures.

here's what i mean (this is a screenshot from Atelier iris help menu) :

The Image is Big By the way !

664839194.png
Sorry if these script was already made.

i browsed and all i got was "Tutorials" for those who are new To Rpg maker.

Thanks for taking the time to read this =)

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you can do this using some Quest Journal scripts, such as this one.  Just get creative.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should search for "journal" scripts or "encyclopedia" scripts - there are several on the master script list, and those allow for similiar help or data pages.

TalalAlgreby

Cupcakes Lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
I think you can do this using some Quest Journal scripts, such as this one.  Just get creative.
That is a good script, but it's for Rpg maker vx, and i'm using Rpg maker vx ace to create my game =)

i already have a quest script in my game, so if i put 2 wouldn't that like ruin the menu or having the 2 quest scripts overlap each other which would be very buggy and have errors.

You should search for "journal" scripts or "encyclopedia" scripts - there are several on the master script list, and those allow for similiar help or data pages.
I have searched and i found what i needed, it's basically an Encyclopedia. - http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/2775-csca-encyclopedia-w-bestiary/

But my only problem is, how can i put images into the screen? i have found no Journal nor encyclopedia scripts that allow images.

it's not really a big deal, but if there is someone who can edit or help me put images into the journal script would be great =)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The power of tutorials. This was fun to make,parallax lightning makes more sense to me now. Now comes the annoying step of doing stuff without a step by step show though !_!
With the new phone, I can now play a lot of old RPGs that my old phone just didn't have room for. Some RPGs definitely show their age even with updated graphics and quick saving.
I don't think I have ever stuck to a project this long....And I'm still just in the planning stages basically xD
It's not about the engine, it's about the resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrisSis265