Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was trying to figure out a way to display the horse race scores for my game without scrolling text or multiple text boxes, and figured out the answer from here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/big-text-display.86569/

In Game Window js, edit the Window Message VisibleRows value to any number. I edited mine to 14.

Captureg.PNG

Then, in a script call (not in conditional branch), add the following. It does not need to equal the value in Game Window js, but only the number of lines you want displayed in the present text box:

text = "line1\nline2\nline3\nline4\nline5\nline6\nline7\nline8.
$gameMessage.add(text)

It should look like this:

Capturet.PNG

You should get this - a bigger text box and more lines:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohhhh, this is cool! :LZSooo:
And there's a plugin specifically for this as well. So I'll leave it here, in case some find it as a more convenient method.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
While there are plugins that ostensibly do this, having a quick tutorial on this is actually very helpful. In some cases there are plugin conflicts and the easiest thing to do is just make a quick change yourself.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would not change the core files directly though - if you update your project to a new version, you would have to remember to redo the change. Better to make a teeny plugin with just that mod.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Whenever I start on a new chapter, it doesn't feel like the next episodes, but more like sequels :)
It can be frustrating that so many commercial games have used up titles that might otherwise be great for a project.
Light up explosions with QABS and Community Lighting.
qcPQHt9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epitaph78