Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is there a tutorial on setting up Player Health? I ask because Vinosec's tutorial on "Health-Bar" begins by saying "We’ve already went over how to show enemy and player health with numbers." It also refers to prior steps supposedly taken in setting up the player's health with numbers.

I was able to change the player's health under Materials>Memories. And I was able to set up the display numbers following the directions for Boss Penguin, but changing "Memory for Registering Quantity" to "Player Health" and ignoring the Gadget settings. Am I missing other steps taken? The tutorial, for instance, refers to a "HEALTH" text.

EDIT(1): I've previously been following tutorials from the support section. However, more recently I've been reading tutorials in the blog section. So perhaps the blog section contains different (or more specific) directions than the support section?

EDIT(2): After setting up the Health-Bar from the tutorial, I've noticed that it has a curious feature whereby, when the player's health changes, the health bar decreases in size while simultaneously shifting left. Is there a way to remove the shifting but keep the decreasing effect of the graphic? Catch my drift?

Last edited by a moderator:

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Aye, but the tutorial you mention is in fact the one I've been following - and does not mention (to the best of my knowledge) Player's Health. It specifically refers to the Boss Penguin's HP. My only guess is that Vinosec may have included separate instructions for the blog than those for the support tutorials.

EDIT: I should also add that the tutorial titled Camera with a Course does mention the Player's Health: "All I’ve done so far is create a ship that explodes when it hits a wall or its health drops to zero. I’ve set up a menu that displays an item set to read the 'Player Health' memory which I’ve set to 3." Perhaps Vinosec is referring to that tutorial.

regendo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Oops. I'm sorry, I have no clue about IGMaker at all, so I just read the tutorial's headline and thought it might have been what you searched.

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Setting up the player's health is done exactly the same as setting up the Boss' health. You just change the "Memory For Registering Quantity" to "Player Health" instead of "Heath Data Copy Destination" for the "Boss HP Display" item, or create a new item so you can display both at the same time. To adjust the player gadget's actual heath you just modify the "Player Health" memory. I didn't go over it in detail because it is pretty much the exact same process as with the Boss. I apologize for any confusion. If you need some more detailed help just let me know and I'll do my best.

Also, the "HEALTH" text that I refer to comes into play in the newest tutorial "Lives Left". The reason for the confusion? The "Health Bar" tutorial is actually supposed to be the fourteenth tutorial. The new one "Lives Left" is actually the twelfth tutorial. They went up out of order due to some confusion behind the scenes. Sorry about that.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No, I don't need more detailed info on setting up health, but thanks. I basically figured it out by combining steps from Tutorial 6 and Tutorial 14. I only asked because I wanted to make sure I was not missing a tutorial. Has Tutorial 13 been posted as well?

The Health-Bar graphic you included shifts to the left as it decreases - is that the graphic itself or can I change it so that it decreases without shifting left?

Looks something like this:

----

---

--

-

I want it to look something like this:

----

---

--

-

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It should look like you are describing. I have no idea why yours shifts to the left like that but (as if you didn't see this coming) you can send me your GPD and I'll try to figure it out. =P Sorry about the problems. Also, Tutorial 13 isn't up yet but I am sure it will be up soon. Just got kind of out of order and it takes a while to get that fixed and get things back on track.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
No, I don't think I will. The problem, per usual, was my fault. At second glance, I did not divide the animation into two parts, and so when I put it down as a menu, it tried to compensate for space. D'oh! Anyway, I resolved the problem by dividing the animation horizontally and then adjusting it accordingly. Thanks, mate. You may now officially close this thread and put an end to my error-laden lunacy. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberliaDraw