Tutorial Style Battle! Having problems...

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SwarleyPilgrim, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SwarleyPilgrim

SwarleyPilgrim Internet Billionaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys! Having a bit of trouble with in battle events. I'm looking to do a full battle where someone teaches the player each aspect. I've got it started just fine. The character starts talking as soon as the battle starts, explains how to attack, the turn happens, and the battle moves on. What I want to happen next would be to have the tutorial character begin speaking at the start of the next turn, talking about how in battle, characters will take damage. He gives them a healing item, and tells them to use it.

So far everything works, the only issue I'm having is getting the tutorial character to speak at the beginning of the next turn. After the enemy has attacked, but before the player is about to. It feels like an easy fix, but I'm just not finding it.

Halp!

2. Zortik

Zortik The Architect Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Here is a quick solution for you.

On the troop page for the encounter you're using set up the following:

First page has a turn condition for turn 0 (before the battle begins)

Second page has a turn condition for turn 1 (this will pop up right after the last command for the actors has been selected)

Third page has a turn condition for turn 1, end of turn (this will pop up before the player selects their commands for the 2nd turn)

fourth page has a turn condition for turn 2, end of turn (cause cheerleading!)

It's a very very simple solution for you. But should accomplish what you wanted.

Here are pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

BCj likes this.
  3. SwarleyPilgrim

SwarleyPilgrim Internet Billionaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Zortik Hmm. Thought this would work perfectly, but I still seem to be having problems. My tutorial character still starts off the battle fine, and explains how to attack, but instead of waiting for a turn to go through, he goes right into the next event page's text. 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016