Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't like Tutorials in any Game. I just end up button mashing and skipping them. If you have a Unique Feature like a Crafting or Mining Feature, Then you could make a Tutorial. I personally dislike all kinds of Tutorials that explain Basic Combat. By this point, Most of us from the Gaming Community have been playing enough games to figure out basic stuff by ourselves.

Hermoni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
An alternative to all tutorial could be a book like a "compendium" in menu where you can read all you could need to play the game.
That's better cause not forced to see it and player can read it when ever he want.
I remember there was something like that in a FF (dont remember wich one, FF9 that was a moogle), I often read it to remember the states icons.

DJK1NG_Gaming

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An alternative to all tutorial could be a book like a "compendium" in menu where you can read all you could need to play the game.
That's better cause not forced to see it and player can read it when ever he want.
I remember there was something like that in a FF (dont remember wich one, FF9 that was a moogle), I often read it to remember the states icons.
I believe you are referring to Final Fantasy VIII. It had Tutorial in the Menu which was great for those who either skipped the tutorial when they come up or needed to review it.
Not only that. It has the Quiz Feature where the game itself test you on how much you know and reward you if passed.

Hermoni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Long time havnt played this FF, and yeah now I remember the quiz ^^
Was cool to have tutorials in menu. Wasnt so easy to all understand the 1rst time (really special FF).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like when tutorials are optional/let you skip. I usually don't mind playing through a tutorial, but I've played some games where the tutorials are just mind-numbingly long, and I stopped paying attention to them a few minutes in. My advice would be to space them out I guess, because it can feel frustrating to a player who just wants to play the game to be bombarded with lessons. I also like the idea of having them in the menu if you have a complicated system that could use a reference for the player or something like that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia again, and it really makes me wanna see someone try to implement how ship battles were done in the game into RPG Maker (or really just in general).
split.png
split view of both versions of the pocket city you traverse through. there's differences like areas only being accessible in one version of Autumn Bay. or events that only happen in one or the other.
theortically if there were a developer who spied on people's game playthroughs and changed things in real time to make it harder for them, what might be said game developer's motivation?
Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yung_DemonxSlayer