[TWings] Characters List / Tablet of Stars (Suikoden-like)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As long as you define the "unplayable characters" in the Actors database, you can add them to the list.

Updating the characters details at different points during the game would require some consequent changes. I'd need to either save the datas in the save file or add some further level of text management. But as it is so far, it's not really meant to be updated aside from the change from Hint to Description/Unlocked text when unlocking the character.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
QoL update on the parameters input part.

You no longer have to go check the ids elsewhere.
The parameters input interface will now direcly allow you to select the relevant data by name (actor, switch, variable) from lists based on your project data.

Version 1.24 :
  • Parameters input improvement.

Last edited:

FufU

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello TWings,

your plugin is really great, thanks a lot for that.
I have a question about the variable. Is it possible to have several extra variables?
I tried to create an event character like richmond from Suikoden 2, who is then looking for new information about party members.
These characters should appear in the list when Richmond is back.
However, I can only set 1 extra variable, as soon as I change the value to 2, the character with the value 1 disappears.

Best wishes

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FufU Sorry, somehow I completely missed this post.
As it is the extra variable was indeed meant to allow switching between different lists (I'm using it in my project to display the proper list depending on the hero selected at the start of the game). I'd need to add a new parameter to do what you're looking for.
I will look into it.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is done.
I went for independant switches rather than using another global variable.

This new version adds another advanced parameters that allows you to use switches to hide characters. While the "found switch" is used to toogle between hint and found display, this new Show switch can be used to completely remove a character from your lists until his show switch is turned ON.

Version 1.30 :
  • New Show Switch parameter.
  • Improved some parameters naming and description.

FufU

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
awesome, thank you very very much for your work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.
We start in 5 minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeequeer