[TWings] Weapons upgrade / Forge / Blacksmith (Suikoden-like)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's my second plugin. It's a modified version of the one I'm using in Galdmaril. I hope some of you will have use for it.

Plugin
TWings_Forge v1.12a

Author
TWings

Introduction / Features
This plugin is part of a Suikoden features plugins series and works similarly to the blacksmith system.
For those not familiar with it, it's a feature designed to upgrade equiped weapons instead of simply buying new ones.

So what does this plugins do ?
It seals weapons (you can't unequip weapons anymore).
It allows you to open a Forge Shop window menu where you can upgrade your equiped weapons.
You are free to define as many weapons levels as you wish and you can restrict the maximum available level in your events.

Forge.png

How to use
This plugin is not plug&play (but it will automatically lock your actor's weapons) !
You need to at least configure every actor weapons list (with existing actors and weapons ids).

Demo
There's a demo project available to download on my itch.io page showing a possible use of this plugin.

FAQ
You can use this page or drop on my Discord server for questions.

Terms of use
Credit : TWings
Free to use for non-commercial games.
Contact me for commercial games.

Versions
  • Version 1.12 :
    • New customisable forging sound.
    • Removed price indication when weapons have reached the max available level.
  • Version 1.11 :
    • Haromisation of currency unit display (color).
    • Memory usage optimisation.
    • More detailed and organised plugin description.
  • Version 1.10 :
    • New customisable item cost.
  • Version 1.00 :
    • Release.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could you please do a minor edit to your post
"proper credit" could mean different things to different people. Could you specify exactly what the credit should be e.g. Credit TWings.
Thanks.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I started working on my main project. There was a lot of Suikoden features I wanted to have and very few available as far as I could find. Although this isn't one of those (there are already some close enough plugins out there to do that). So the plugins I'm currently releasing are all modified versions of those I created for myself so far.

I didn't initially itend to release anything before my game, but there's still a lot of work for it to be done and I enjoy working on plugins sometimes. I'm still not sure how far I'm willing to go on releasing plugins before Galdmaril is ready. Until now, I've chosen the ones that were not to hard to adapt to run independantly for other projects.

As far as Suikoden features goes, right now there's only one I have yet to make public : the Trade Shop. But this is way more advanced and will require quite some work to make it independant and "user friendly". So I don't know yet when I'll make it available.

I'm not excluding the possibility of making new plugins for others at some point, so who knows there might be more coming later for Suikden fans. :LZSwink:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm right there with Tea when it comes Suikoden stuff. HUUUUUGE fan! The Trade shop would be something I'm definitely interested in. Also, for the weapon upgrades, does the weapon actually change? Or does it just change the name. The reason I ask is because you have the potential to do something better than Suikoden, which is actually the changes of weapons in battle based on the weapon graphic.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
does the weapon actually change? Or does it just change the name. The reason I ask is because you have the potential to do something better than Suikoden, which is actually the changes of weapons in battle based on the weapon graphic.
That's not something I considered, but it should work. The weapons levels are based on weapons you create in the database, so you could potentially go as far as switching weapon types/graphics as long as the actor can use that weapon. There's nothing preventing you from forging an axe from a sword. The only limitation I can think about is dual wielding; you can't just switch it on/off without some smart eventing.

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can we define items to be consumed for weapon level ups, such as Ingots and Whetstones? Or is it strictly limited to Gold at this point? A combination of the two would be amazing :D

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far, my plugin only uses the standard Gold.
I'm not completely excluding a possible update with such advanced feature, but I don't have any plans for it anytime soon.

If you're looking for customized items costs you could maybe try out this plugin instead.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update v1.10 available.
You can now set an item cost instead of gold for any weapon level you wish.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New minor optimisation update.

Version 1.11 :
  • Haromisation of currency unit display (color).
  • Memory usage optimisation.
  • More detailed and organised plugin description.

OniLink24

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice plugin, TWings. I wanted to ask if it is possible to add a forging sound by upgrading a weapon.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Done !
New minor update including a brand new sound parameter to configure your favourite SE sound.

Version 1.12 :
  • New customisable forging sound.
  • Removed price indication when weapons have reached the max available level.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*cries* And I paid good money for a system like this almost a year ago. Keep up the good work with the Suikoden-like plugins!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A collab cover of White Wishes with @PixeLockeT!!~
Just saw an article stating a Back to the FutureXTransformer comic crossover--and Doc Browns car is an Autobot. I am ALL FOR THIS!!
Well I sure didn't know fans could overheat and die. Room fans.
Felt like I dodged a bomb, my project was fine right after I force resetted due to a crash as I have yet to start working on it today..... :kaoback:
I have no idea what to do with my evening. I was working on the next Slip into Ruby but I kinda want to do something else for a bit. But I have no idea what. Yay indecision!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmateruYukitteru