[TWings] Weapons upgrade / Forge / Blacksmith (Suikoden-like)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's my second plugin's MZ version.

Plugin
TWings_Forge v1.01 (MZ)

Author
TWings

Introduction / Features
This plugin is part of a Suikoden features plugins series and works similarly to the blacksmith system.
For those not familiar with it, it's a feature designed to upgrade equiped weapons instead of simply buying new ones.

So what does this plugins do ?
It seals weapons (you can't unequip weapons anymore).
It allows you to open a Forge Shop window menu where you can upgrade your equiped weapons.
You are free to define as many weapons levels as you wish and you can restrict the maximum available level in your events.

forge.png

How to use
This plugin is not plug&play (but it will automatically lock your actor's weapons) !
You need to at least configure every actor weapons list (with existing actors and weapons ids).

Demo
There's a demo project available to download on my itch.io page showing a possible use of this plugin.

FAQ
You can use this page or drop on my Discord server for questions.

Terms of use
Credit : TWings
Free to use for non-commercial games.
Contact me for commercial games.

Versions
  • Version 1.01 :
    • Bug fix : the forge was crashing when using mouse/touch interaction.
  • Version 1.00 :
    • Release.

Attachments

• TWings_Forge.zip
    6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everytime I try to hit Forge I get this error:

Forge Error.jpg

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Everytime I try to hit Forge I get this error:
Good catch !
There was indeed a bug when using the mouse/touch interface.

I've just released a correction.

Version 1.01 :
  • Bug fix : the forge was crashing when using mouse/touch interaction.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Loving the plugin so far. I'll let ya know as soon as anything pops up ^_^

Quick question, was it supposed to come with the CoreLight plugin as well?

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick question, was it supposed to come with the CoreLight plugin as well?
Yeah all my MZ plugins are packed with it and need it to run.
So far, it's pretty empty. it only contains a simple line of code that's needed by all my plugins, but it could grow eventually, so I'm kinda planning ahead.
It is also kind of a test for plugins dependencies.
As it is right now, you don't really need it when using only one of my plugins (you just need the one line of code), but I thought it was simpler to pack every plugin with it rather that create a standalone and a bundle version that would confuse everyone and most likely create unecessary bug reports.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I am not going to lie, I have NO idea how to even use this plugin. I set up my plugin parameters and it works, sort of.

Things I've done (what worked and what didn't)

- Set up all the weapons for one actor with no costs (worked, but only for one level. e.g.: Short Sword would only go to Long Sword but not Falchion or others)

- Set the forge level to 10 before opening the shop (Not working. All costs reset to "-" and nothing is upgradable)

- Added the same weapon multiple times in parameters (I was trying to have my weapon gain levels. Didn't work.)

What I actually want is to be able to get a single weapon to Level 10, with increasing cost and then changing the weapon to the next one (Short Sword becomes Long Sword after level 10 [which would basically be level 11, but Long Sword would be level 0])

Thank you for trying to help.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- Set up all the weapons for one actor with no costs (worked, but only for one level. e.g.: Short Sword would only go to Long Sword but not Falchion or others)
Assuming the parameters were correct, I'm gonna guess maybe your forge was only level 1 (thus locking out higer level upgrades) ?

- Set the forge level to 10 before opening the shop (Not working. All costs reset to "-" and nothing is upgradable)
That probably means you set the level higher than the maximum level available (making the system fall back to level 0).
Don't forget the first level is 0, so your forge maximum level is actually the number of weapons -1.
Try to lower the max level.

- Added the same weapon multiple times in parameters (I was trying to have my weapon gain levels. Didn't work.)
If you need the same weapon with different stats, you'd have to create another weapon with the same name (and the new stats you want) in the database.

What I actually want is to be able to get a single weapon to Level 10, with increasing cost and then changing the weapon to the next one (Short Sword becomes Long Sword after level 10 [which would basically be level 11, but Long Sword would be level 0])
The only way of doing that I can think of (following on my previous answer), would be to actually name your weapons like "Short Sword lvl0", "Short Sword lvl1", ..., "Long Sword lvl0" and so on. That way it's technically showing the weapons level you're looking for while the forge/player itself will keep having the level going up (level 11, level 12 and so on).

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That probably means you set the level higher than the maximum level available (making the system fall back to level 0).
Don't forget the first level is 0, so your forge maximum level is actually the number of weapons -1.
Try to lower the max level.

This worked. For now, it's fine. Thank you for your answer!

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really hate to ask but would you be able to also implement upgrading armor in the same fashion? I understand it would probably need to be a different plugin for that addition. Not necessarily requesting just pondering.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
would you be able to also implement upgrading armor in the same fashion? I understand it would probably need to be a different plugin for that addition.
It would definitely be better as its own plugin (differrent set of parameters and so on).
While my public plugins are mainly Suikoden focused, that's an interesting suggestion.
I'll give it a shot (can't give you a time frame on that yet though).

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any other suikoden inspired plugins still comming? Just curious :)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any other suikoden inspired plugins still comming? Just curious :)
I got a poll up on the website that shall not me be named (starting with a "p" and ending with "atreon"), to decide what to do with my 4th MV plugin.
Aside from that I got a few other long term plans (possibly a "Suikoden Engine" for MV and MZ).

Anyway, that beeing a bit off topic and all, I'd suggest to drop on Discord for that kind of general talk. :LZSwink:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I dont do discord lol but ill take that as a maybe then :p

Anyway keep up the good work :D

Erebus

The Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would be cool to have a 2 row party plug in. There used to be one in MV. Also the duel system and big war battle system would be good...

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is what I get when I try to call up the Forge. Any insight? :(

Forge error.jpg

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is what I get when I try to call up the Forge. Any insight? :(
Sorry about that !
Looks like there was an unforseen compatibility issue between my forge and armorsmith plugins !
I'm gonna release a fix within the next 24 hours

EDIT : Fixed my Armorsmith plugin.

Last edited:

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I updated Armorsmith to 1.01 but I'm still getting the error. I even tried Forge with Armorsmith off and the problem is persisting. It seems like there's an issue with Forge?

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated Armorsmith to 1.01 but I'm still getting the error. I even tried Forge with Armorsmith off and the problem is persisting. It seems like there's an issue with Forge?
Are you getting the exact same error ?
The problem was coming from Forge and Armorsmith sharing some common code and making one not working when it was listed after the other.
I corrected that and tested both Forge and Armorsmith demo with the plugins alone, together and in every possible order.

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure if its the same error. I *did* update the Armor plugin. This is what I'm getting:Forge error2.jpg

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if its the same error. I *did* update the Armor plugin. This is what I'm getting:
Looks like an issue with the parameters setting.
Did you properly define every weapon level for every of your actors ?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu