[TWings] Weapons upgrade / Forge / Blacksmith (Suikoden-like)

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ahhh. That was the problem! I didn't actually fill out all of my actors. I thought I could be selective in the actor structure list.

Works like a charm now. Thank you!

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh. That was the problem! I didn't actually fill out all of my actors. I thought I could be selective in the actor structure list.

Works like a charm now. Thank you!
You can actually be selective for the armors, because I made the armorsmith plugin that way (and having to define everything seemed a bit too restrictive in that case).
But the weapon forge plugin was made with the idea of providing a feature close to the Suikoden games. So it's a full feature that completely changes the way weapons are handled (locking them and making them upgradable only through the blacksmith).

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am loving the plugin so far but I do have a question. Maybe I overlooked it, but is there an option to have a weapon cost multiple items or of one item.
Say to upgrade a wand to a fire wand, you need Fire Opal x2 or a Fire Opal + Black Opal.

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey TWings, is there an option to remove the weapon from binding into a character? Instead of upgrading a sword and binding it to a character until the end of the campaign, I'm just curious if there's a way to upgrade it and equipe and unnequip whenever I want.
Thanks in advance!

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Say to upgrade a wand to a fire wand, you need Fire Opal x2 or a Fire Opal + Black Opal.
You can do Fire Opal x2 easy, the item cost as the gold cost is based on the weapon price in the database (just put 2 there).
Different items however aren't possible (though I believe this can be dealt with outside of the plugin, with some eventing or crafting system to get the final required forge item from multiple parts).

is there an option to remove the weapon from binding into a character? Instead of upgrading a sword and binding it to a character until the end of the campaign, I'm just curious if there's a way to upgrade it and equipe and unnequip whenever I want.
It's really meant to replace the usual default "I get to the new town, so I'm checking out the weapon shop to see if it has anything better" pattern.
So the plugin doesn't provide any easy way to fall back to that behaviour (I mean you could still use the actor's "changeEquip" script command, but that wouldn't be very practical).
It's probably worth noting that you're not limited to one type of weapon though. You can forge a sword into a spear for example (as long as the actor can equip both types).

Last edited:

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I totally understand the idea behind the concept, and believe it, I find it very interesting. But I was trying to figure a way of implementing it in my project. The point is, my project is all about freedom, no story line, just a living world, tons os monster, harvestable items, crafting, weapons and armors breaking during combat, and then I was thinking about an upgrade system, just like yours. So you manage to craft a high quality sword, then you use a system like yours to refine it, and then one day it breaks. But that's fine, cause you can still farm, craft another one. But I totally understand what you mean, and I appreciate very much you bringing such an amazing plugin to MZ! Keep rocking!

Shikamon

The Dragonslayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great job, Is this also have Embedding system too? From the screenshot, doesn't look it has. It's gonna be awesome If you add it too!

lawrenceyaws1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1602139797776.png
Not sure why this is popping up. I defined all the character, weapons, and items

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure why this is popping up. I defined all the character, weapons, and items
You're missing the light core plugin (it should be in the same zip file).

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great plugin!

Is there an easy way to remove/reorder some of the stats in the forge display? I'm not planning on having every stat in the game (only using 3) so its going to seem somewhat peculiar for the unused stats to suddenly show up in the forge hud. Regardless, thank you for your work.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I'm getting a TypeError "cannot read property id of null".
All of my experience is with VX Ace scripts, so I can't tell if I'm even using the plugin correctly. This is also the first time I've ever configured a plugin.

Anyway, each actor can get their weapon upgraded (twice for now, might add more later).

Screenshot (170).png
Screenshot (172).png

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bumping!

EDIT: Ok, I think I got it to work properly. Your demo was a huge help, as there wasn't really much else to go off of.

Last edited:

cdjensen94

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a problem where it cost me nothing to forge. It shows the icon for the custom item but the cost is 0.

Edit:
Never Mind I just realized my cost was 0.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deadline1959