MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, since I will be publishing soon, I was thinking of starting marketing a little bit. I just create the twitter account for my game studio. If you have a twitter for you game studio, follow me! And I'll follow you. Looking for the indie game making community there!

My twitter is: Kamo Studio (the one with the K and the red/blue/yellow/green/purple circles)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28, thank you for following my long time suggestion. How is your life going? I do not talk to you for a long time and see you for a long time. I bet you probably busy making your game instead of me keep writing on the threads.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My twitter handle is theolized. But mostly it just random tweeting about gaming or just retweeting pics. Nothing important lol

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Ah, I've been mostly away from the forum lately and from game making because of exams. University, especially law school, can be very harsh and unforgiving, especially when comes the exam period. I will be more active starting from next week since I only have one exam left.

EDIT: Do you happen to be on Twitter? :p

@TheoAllen That's exactly what twitter is for lol. Having a social media isn't for selling your game, but more build up your fanbase and participate in the community.

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28, I understood where you coming from. I am studied at the college, too. Memorizing the words and not dot forget during the exams, right. My twitter account is @Kupotepo. My twitter is empty because I am firmly believed that the words can be used against you in the future and jeopardized your future career. You probably know because you are studying in law school, everything can be used against you in the court of law.
:LZSsmile::LZSangel::LZSevil::LZSsmile::LZSangel::LZSevil:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo Yeah lol. But honestly, if you're just posting civilized tweets of your projects, it should be alright, even beneficial for your future career (since people will see that you're someone with initiative, creativity and leadership).

Kupotepo

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28, I agree with you on the benefits of the social media. I see many times people say something in Twitter with colorful language and tweet for absolute beliefs that can be controversial. I agree if I tweet with responsible, it is going to be beneficial.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dude I put off social media forever and started getting on it just recently for game deving and wow. It works, every Saturday is #screenshotSaturday and if you use #indiedev bots will retweet your posts. Also don't count out Instagram. My likes and followers are double that of Twitter and my Instagram was started a week after Twitter. Plus I found out about this before anyone
Screenshot_20181021-152746_Twitter.jpg

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can follow me at @TheUzukiLives. Here's a little sample if anyone is interested ;)

*ShillShillShillShillShillShillShillShillShillShillShill*

flexomob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
You probably won't believe it, but I still don't have a Twitter account. I use Facebook, Instagram, and youtube channel. Please tell me why do you like Twitter.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reason to twitter
  1. Ability to follow without the need for "friend request" and wait for acceptance.
  2. You don't need to follow back someone who just followed you if you don't like what they share.
  3. Ability to unfollow some account if turned out you don't like them with no hard feelings (or mute them from your timeline without unfollow them).
  4. A lot of pixiv artist to follow for daily anime picture.
  5. Fewer ads (if you use adblock). No forced "watch this video, you might like/want it" like on Facebook.
  6. And of course, privacy! Facebook needs you to put your real name and your real identity. I can't be weirdos without getting judged and that would affect me in real life.
  7. No politic talks and less drama (in my timeline at least) because I never follow the trend.
At least that is how I use it.

CraneSoft

Filthy Degenerate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll add a few more for reason to Twitter:
8. You can actually build rapport and relationships with more influential people in the industry on a more personal level.
9. Memes.
10. Source of research materials. (of all types) :troll:
11. Fastest source of Entertainment-related news and trends.

BENI_MARU

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make use of those hashtags! #screenshotsaturday and #indiedevhours are big weekly ones that can get a lot of eyes on your game.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
I followed you on Twitter Mushroom, as well as everyone here who put their twitter. :D I assume you're the Kamo Studio who posted some Alan walker remixes and stuff? <3

But yeah, I really agree with many of the points here! Twitter is a great way to be yourself and see all the great works that other devs put out with the #gamedev #indiedev ;) You'll also notice yourself and a lot of people expressing themselves freely on certain things there on Twitter. :D

I also love it there because it seems more fun and easier to connect to people when you wish to share your game dev progress and whatnot. And you can even make friends there immediately. :) ^^

My twitter is Starmage_RPG, btw, for anyone interested in me sharing my game dev stuff and retweets for their cool projects. <3 :D I also sometimes retweet inspirational or some woo-woo conspiracy stuff. xD (I srsly love those.)

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I followed you on Twitter Mushroom, as well as everyone here who put their twitter. :D I assume you're the Kamo Studio who posted some Alan walker remixes and stuff? <3
Actually that's not me hahaha xD. I'm using the same name as on this forum (MushroomCake28) with the same logo as on this forum lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I present... MAGIC (in progress)

No vaccine till at least spring 2021. Have not seen our parents since Dec 2019. But at least we can phone each other. How is everyone else's situation?
:( ... sigh, having trouble knowing where to draw highlights. Novice pixel artist issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KUTSHKY