Two dialogues at the same time?

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yes. I thought my message-to-Picture was a little sloppy. I could of clean up the overlap of the closing message, but still I knew you meant simultaneous messages.

Good news though. Through my tinkering I've accidentally created an identical $gameMessage in the opposite position.

There are supposed be three here, but I'm getting somewhere fast; I just have to learn how to wield this accidental discovery.
Hahaha that`s funny dude! Big discoveries sometimes are made by accident LOL

And your example it`s exactly what I was looking for! Please keep going on it! :)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fortunately discoveries are also made by correcting accidents, because I misspelled Scene_Map._middleWindowLayer and I had two top layers. Now I've got the three I was after.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Fortunately discoveries are also made by correcting accidents, because I misspelled Scene_Map._middleWindowLayer and I had two top layers. Now I've got the three I was after.
This is even better!! You got it! :o

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have some cognitive impairment about the 1 $gameMessage._text, and all the functions surrounding that 1 particular thing.

I'll figure something out, but I think I need a nap first.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have some cognitive impairment about the 1 $gameMessage._text, and all the functions surrounding that 1 particular thing.

I'll figure something out, but I think I need a nap first.
Please take all the time you need :D

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes indeed. It was a good nap. I literally slept all day and woke up at 9 at night. (my lifestyle is like a cat when I don't have to work at my dad's)

I'm getting warmer. I've learned up how to divide the text into each window using \[top] some text \[middle] some text \[bottom] some text, and sure enough the text comes out simultaneously.

I've got some problems with all the messages after the first message and I also have to work on an option for separate faces in each window.

But I'm getting closer.

Last edited:

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Yes indeed. It was a good nap. I literally slept all day and woke up at 9 at night. (my lifestyle is like a cat when I don't have to work at my dad's)

I'm getting warmer. I've learned up how to divide the text into each window using \[top] some text \[middle] some text \[bottom] some text, and sure enough the text comes out simultaneously.

I've got some problems with the all messages after the first message and I also have to work on an option for separate faces in each window.

But I'm getting closer.
Wow you are almost there! I was waiting for you all day haha

Cheer up! :)

(I loved the Spanish part!)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It took nearly 4 hours of tinkering with window_message.update, but I finally discovered what was wrong with the second, third, + so forth, and why simultaneous messages were only working on the first message. At the end of text a pause boolean gets set to true, and it takes one keypress to set pause back to false per window, so just one keypress wasn't un-pausing the other two windows, but I finally whipped it into shape, and I should have this plugin ready soon.

EDIT: It's ready!

EDIT/EDIT I put the instructions in bbcode because my tags were becoming smileys.

Code:
Basically divide a line of text into windows with these tags.\[top] \[middle] \[bottom]
When any of these tags are used, the tag will override default Top/Middle/Bottom

Use tags \[top] \[middle] \[bottom] on the same line to show text at the same time.
\[bottom]Hello, how are you doing?\[top]¿Hola cómo estás?

Optional tag parameters (only needed on first line) (must be in this order)
\[pos hue:R,G,B] \[pos face:FaceName,Index,HueRotate] face hueRotate is optional
example \[middle hue:155,0,250 face:people4,2,150]

Code:
\[top face:People3,4]I'm People3, index 4.\[middle hue:155,0,250 face:People4,2,150]I'm purple!\[bottom]Cool!
\[top]Each simultaneous line needs to be on\[middle hue:155,0,250 face:People4,2,200]My hue rotate is 200!\[bottom]Cool beans!
\[top]the same line with a top|bottom|middle.
I didn't make this to work with the first plugin I posted, but I can if you want both.

Version 0.1

Last edited:

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It took nearly 4 hours of tinkering with window_message.update, but I finally discovered what was wrong with the second, third, + so forth, and why simultaneous messages were only working on the first message. At the end of text a pause boolean gets set to true, and it takes one keypress to set pause back to false per window, so just one keypress wasn't un-pausing the other two windows, but I finally whipped it into shape, and I should have this plugin ready soon.

EDIT: It's ready!

EDIT/EDIT I put the instructions in bbcode because my tags were becoming smileys.

Code:
Basically divide a line of text into windows with these tags.\[top] \[middle] \[bottom]
When any of these tags are used, the tag will override default Top/Middle/Bottom

Use tags \[top] \[middle] \[bottom] on the same line to show text at the same time.
\[bottom]Hello, how are you doing?\[top]¿Hola cómo estás?

Optional tag parameters (only needed on first line) (must be in this order)
\[pos hue:R,G,B] \[pos face:FaceName,Index,HueRotate] face hueRotate is optional
example \[middle hue:155,0,250 face:people4,2,150]

Code:
\[top face:People3,4]I'm People3, index 4.\[middle hue:155,0,250 face:People4,2,150]I'm purple!\[bottom]Cool!
\[top]Each simultaneous line needs to be on\[middle hue:155,0,250 face:People4,2,200]My hue rotate is 200!\[bottom]Cool beans!
\[top]the same line with a top|bottom|middle.
I didn't make this to work with the first plugin I posted, but I can if you want both.

Version 0.1
4 hours!? Wow! :o

Dude, the plugin is perfect and it`s exactly what I need! But I have just one little problem:

Due to the limit of key characters, I can´t write the whole top text in English:

Is there a code to perform a line break or something like that? I remember that RPG Maker 2003 had that function (\n) but it doesn`t work here.

Sorry to bother you about this :(

EDIT: For first time I was managed to find a solution by myself LOL

I used the YEP Message Core Plugin that allows me to make break lines with <br> along with other useful things:

Thank you again dude! Now everything works perfectly! I'm really happy! :D

EDIT 2: Ok... it seems I'll need you help again :(

First two dialogues are perfect, but after the third dialogue the plugin doesn`t show both dialogues at the same time anymore :(

The weird thing is that after the second dialogue, the plugin repeats the top dialogue in English:

I tried turning off the YEP plugin, but the issue still remains there.

Here`s my code:

Code:
\[bottom]¡Felicidades y bienvenida a Chile!
Esperamos puedas mejorar tu español en tu
estadía en nuestro país.\[top]Congratulations and welcome to Chile!
We hope you can improve your spanish in your <br>stay in our country.
Code:
\[bottom]Desde ahora, entrarás a un mundo
completamente nuevo del que serás parte.\[top]From now on, you will enter a whole new <br>world of which you will be part.
Code:
\[bottom]¡Pero no te preocupes! Estaremos aquí para <br>ayudarte. Somos alumnos de la carrera de <br>Pedagogía en inglés y seremos tus tutores <br>a partir de ahora.\[top]But don’t worry! We’ll be here to help you. <br>We are students of the English Teaching <br>Programme and we'll be your tutors from <br>now.
And here a screenshot of the code: (Blue rectangle works perfectly and red rectangle doesn`t work:

Besides, I realized that if I press ok fast, then doesn`t show me the both messages in the second dialogue... but if I wait until all the text of the first dialogue is shown, then the next dialogue works perfectly, showing both boxes. Despite that, from the third dialogue the plugin doesn`t work anymore.

I hope I could explain myself well and that you please can help me on this. Any doubt or question about the errors, please ask me!

Last edited:

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Simultaneous text needs to be one line so it shouldn't max out the lines; there is no limit on horizontal length. I'm sorry if this is confusing. It just seemed like the best way to script this, aside from scraping all the pages for future text.

You can use multiples tags, to divide each line. Think about it like a grid where one window is 2 or 3 windows.

PHP:
\[top]This is some \[middle]This is some  \[bottom]This is some
\[top]text on the  \[middle]text on the   \[bottom]text on the 
\[top]top window   \[middle]middle window \[bottom]bottom window
\[top]four rows    \[middle]four rows     \[bottom]four rows

Will become...

I didn't test this to work with any YEP plugins.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Simultaneous text needs to be one line so it shouldn't max out the lines; there is no limit on horizontal length. I'm sorry if this is confusing. It just seemed like the best way to script this, aside from scraping all the pages for future text.

You can use multiples tags, to divide each line. Think about it like a grid where one window is 2 or 3 windows.

PHP:
\[top]This is some \[middle]This is some  \[bottom]This is some
\[top]text on the  \[middle]text on the   \[bottom]text on the
\[top]top window   \[middle]middle window \[bottom]bottom window
\[top]four rows    \[middle]four rows     \[bottom]four rows

Will become...

I didn't test this to work with any YEP plugins.
Oh, my bad! I didn`t understand well the plugin`s behaviour... but now I do.

Now everything works perfectly... except for one thing. I'll try my best to explain it.

When I wait until the message shows completely and then I press ok, everything is fine and then shows me the second dialogue and then the next and so on... but if I press ok repeatedly, then the plugin skips lot of messages... for instance:

If I press ok repeatedly in the first message ("Felicidades y... blablabla") then the plugin skips all the next messages and jumps to "Mostrar icono de globo".

Is there a way that the plugin could skip the messages sequentially (as default messages) instead of skipping some of them? Or I`m doing something wrong?

If you need a video to understand it better, please just ask me.

And as always, thank you very much and sorry again for the trouble :(

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't replicate this mass-message skipping bug.
Do you have any other message plugins?

I think can come close, like if the bottom message (which is the only default game_message) has a short text and the other windows have long text, it will allow a skip trigger because the bottom is all text-on, while the others aren't all text-on. Is this similar to what you are experiencing?

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I can't replicate this mass-message skipping bug.
Do you have any other message plugins?

I think can come close, like if the bottom message (which is the only default game_message) has a short text and the other windows have long text, it will allow a skip trigger because the bottom is all text-on, while the others aren't all text-on. Is this similar to what you are experiencing?
I`m not using any mass-message plugin (I deleted the YEP message plugin) I recorded you a video with the problem. It will be uploaded in a few minutes. Hold on.

EDIT: Here it is. It`s not really a big issue, but I'm curious to know why the plugin skips to "Mostrar globo" when I press the keys faster.

So, here`s the normal behaviour:

And now fast. Pay attention in the difference of the number of dialogues at the beginning. Now the name input comes earlier: (Maybe is it a problem of this plugin? I will upload it for you just in case):

Attachments

Last edited:

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok. I now understand from your example how to find this problem.
I've looked into it and I can indeed replicate this bug after all.
Rapid ok press is causing the middle "¿que pasa?" from my example to have the pink background of the next message.
Things are definitely getting mixed up in my plugin.
Step 2 is fixing it.
I'll start tinkering

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Ok. I now understand from your example how to find this problem.
I've looked into it and I can indeed replicate this bug after all.
Rapid ok press is causing the middle "¿que pasa?" from my example to have the pink background of the next message.
Things are definitely getting mixed up in my plugin.
Step 2 is fixing it.
I'll start tinkering
Thank you so much again, dude! Ohh and by the way, I tried turning off the other plugins and the issue still remains. Take a look:

Hope you can find a solution! :)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I added a $gameMap._interpreter._waitCount += 5; on each window open close, which seems to preventDefault on rapid keypress.

I also found a function in updateMessage (I had to overwrite it) that claims the text is ended asynchronously because of the first one ended, causing messages to go crazy on rapid keypress. So I made it read ended for all open message windows in synch.

The only problem I had, while still recklessly tapping the key was that it repeated the dialogue at the end of the dialogue when I only wanted to talk once, which can be handled with a switch condition or something to prevent. That one is not on the plugin; just the side effects of key mashing.

Version 0.2

Last edited:

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I added a $gameMap._interpreter._waitCount += 5; on each window open close, which seems to preventDefault on rapid keypress.

I also found a function in updateMessage (I had to overwrite it) that claims the text is ended asynchronously because of the first one ended, causing messages to go crazy on rapid keypress. So I made it read ended for all open message windows in synch.

The only problem I had, while still recklessly tapping the key was that it repeated the dialogue at the end of the dialogue when I only wanted to talk once, which can be handled with a switch condition or something to prevent. That one is not on the plugin; just the side effects of key mashing.

Version 0.2
It seems it`s the only way... but you made it again! Thank you dude, works perfectly! :)

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The random skipping bug should be fixed on rapid ok press.

I only meant use a switch condition to avoid repeat speech, which isn't really a bug.

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
The random skipping bug should be fixed on rapid ok press.

I only meant use a switch condition to avoid repeat speech, which isn't really a bug.
Dude, sorry to bother you again, but I realized that using this plugin I can only see the first message of the webcam plugin...

I mean I can take pictures normally but without seeing the next messages.

Can you check it please, dude?

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You were right to bring that conflict to this thread instead of the Selfies plugin thread, because it was in fact this plugin at fault.

I found two flaws in this, one was causing this problem you shown here (it was in fact all non-command message windows with the problem) and the other was causing a double message delay when there was only one message.

You've just helped improve this plugin for other possible message conflicts. Thanks!

version 0.3

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Good morning. Please introduce caffeine in the proper slot. Not sufficient caffeine, add more. Add more. Continue until you hear a sound signal. Please continue. Insufficient caffeine. Increase the quantity of SRW music. Add caffeine.
I have to fix a little more.
Or maybe a lot. Yeah, I need to make the characters look a little bit more fit in some poses.
There once was a man whose name was my own
Who tried to make games for console and phone
But after ten years
Some blood sweat and tears
Weird status updates were all that he'd shown.....
I go out once every two weeks. My bf works full-time. Why is it only ever me getting sick? T_T
I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZedPlayzz