Not open for further replies.

Kazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just recently mad my game's menu through Eventing as shown in this video from Youtube One problem I run into is whenever i put in SceneManager.call(Scene_Party) it crashes the game. Originally it is supposed to show all th emembers of your party and you are able to arrange them in any order. 

My second problem also relates to this menu. I am using The Simple Gold Hud to make the amount of gold the player has so I can have it display in the menu. Whenever I open a new game it takes a minute or two just for it to appear it disappears shortly after. I want it on all the time so or if possible in the custom menu. 

Jasutin Rai

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Usually when the game crashes it tells you what line of code it's having trouble with. (Are you using VX Ace?) And do you have it in the script to run the script when "SceneManager.call(Scene_Party)" is called upon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Usually when the game crashes it tells you what line of code it's having trouble with. (Are you using VX Ace?) And do you have it in the script to run the script when "SceneManager.call(Scene_Party)" is called upon?
I am using VX Ace, I should have been stated that in my initial post. Anyway I will post some pictures so you have a better idea of what I am having trouble with.

Trouble.PNG

Event pg with problem.PNG

Jasutin Rai

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah one of Nicke's scripts. I use one of his and I had a problem with it though I was able to tweak it just right so it would work. I suggest looking over line 1411. Then try copying it, and running the script without that line of code. (Remember to save afterwards) If it brings up another problem then put the code back using paste. That's what I do for trial and error. XD

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error says that the engine cannot find "scene_party", and since that is not a default scene, I assume that either you got the wrong name from somewhere or it has been added by one of your scripts. In the latter case you need to link us to the script you're using for your party, and check where in that script is the error.

Kazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah one of Nicke's scripts. I use one of his and I had a problem with it though I was able to tweak it just right so it would work. I suggest looking over line 1411. Then try copying it, and running the script without that line of code. (Remember to save afterwards) If it brings up another problem then put the code back using paste. That's what I do for trial and error. XD
I took out line 1411 in the Game_Intrepreter, but it made the other functions of the in my custom menu not work. Also Andar, I am using Eventing shown by Nicke's video I posted in my original post. Would either of you know how he made a window displaying all of his party members when he selected Formation?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You should not have taken that line out.  It is an essential line of a default script and nothing will work properly without it, so please put it back in.  I think the poster thought that line 1411 was the line of a custom script that was causing the problem, hence his suggestion.

Your question about how Nicke made a window requires someone to sit through a 20 minute video until the correct bit comes up, and then guess that this is the part you are referring to.  Perhaps if you supplied a screen shot of the relevant image that would be enough to give people a clue.

Kazuki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You should not have taken that line out.  It is an essential line of a default script and nothing will work properly without it, so please put it back in.  I think the poster thought that line 1411 was the line of a custom script that was causing the problem, hence his suggestion.

Your question about how Nicke made a window requires someone to sit through a 20 minute video until the correct bit comes up, and then guess that this is the part you are referring to.  Perhaps if you supplied a screen shot of the relevant image that would be enough to give people a clue.
I figured out what i need to do. I just simply open the menu screen and delete the commands I don't want to be listed. This way I can modify the formation of the party. You may close this now. Also thanks everyone who helped me out. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Next time you want something closed, please simply report your own post.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
I was making a cutscene where Hero's dad got killed by the dragon but when he lose its say game over and send you to the tittle screen. How can remove game over for that cutscene
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zookx1