caiopalhares

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

Newbie here, so apologies if this is basic.

I'm trying to create a puzzle in which the character has to push logs, and consequently the logs to roll. The log event image is bigger than a single tile, so I created the sprite and added it using the $ symbol before the name.

Everything is cool, par from the fact that the upper tile is not solid per say. The character can pass through it.
See pics attached for clarification.
Question1.png Question2.png
Is there a way to make it solid entirely without having to create a parallel event? Because I need the log to roll if the character pushes any of the two tiles.

Thanks in advance,

Caio

Last edited:

caiopalhares

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried fixing by using two tiles event. I manage to get both events sprites syncing:
2018-03-08 19_01_53-Tales Of Keruneru - RPG Maker MV.png

However, no matter how I set the movement route, if the player pushes one of the tiles, it will differentiate from the other when obstacles are hit:
2018-03-08 19_01_03-Tales Of Keruneru.png

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

CosBlade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The quickest way I can think of doing this is using a variable to check its position. Let's say the starting place of the log is variable "LogPos" at value 0. Let's assume that the leftmost point it can move is 0, the rightmost point it can move is 7.

When the player pushes against the log, you do this:

Conditional Branch -> (direction player is facing, as I assume there is a furthest point to both the left and right)
Within that, another Conditional Branch that checks the LogPos variable to see if the log is at it's furthest point

From there, just event it as needed.

So if the player is facing right, as in your picture, and the LogPos variable is at 7 (it's up against the stack of lumber) you do not move the log events. Instead maybe play a SE for "bumping" it, and that's it. However, if the player is facing left, the log moves, and the LogPos variable value is reduced by 1.

I hope that makes sense. It might be easier if you see it all in editor...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I really need to stop thinking there are new freebies just because someone made a new post in the freebies subforum lol.
AND just like that..... I got STEAM DLC up and working! YES!
Game making is like a marathon, except the last 1/4 is more like sprint... a very long and intense sprint.
Finally got to finish the demo for my project!
Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paitshens