Alador

Captain Cute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there fellow game devs! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me, so I have a couple of questions for some dungeon ideas.

First off, it's important to know that my game is a 3d Non-Euclidian puzzle game, so most of the mechanics revolve around perception and illusion. With that out of the way, here goes:

1: Golden Ratio.
For those of you who don't know, the Golden Ratio is an irrational number related to spirals. So I have to ask, do any of you have any spiral-related ideas for dungeon puzzles? Like maybe a maze that goes in an infinite spiral... yeah I got nothing for this one, sorry- :kaoswt:

2: Supergolden Ratio.
(Swiftly does a Google Search) From what I can see, the Supergolden ratio is about... squareish spirals, in a way... Completely disregarding this, the supergolden ratio is the second stage of the golden ratio's dungeon, so do you have any dungeon ideas that could be an "evolved verson" of the Golden Ratio, so to speak?

3: Assigning different irrational numbers to puzzles.
If you haven't figured out already, the bosses in my game are based off of irrational numbers. Following this trend, I have a couple of puzzle ideas that I just can't seem to fit any irrational number into.

3a: Superliminal.
If any of you have seen Superliminal, you'll know that the main gimmick of that game is forced perception, or objects growing/shrinking based on how the camera sees it... it's kinda hard to explain in words-

3b: Rotation.
What I was thinking for this one was a puzzle where the player exists in a 3D environment that they can rotate around to solve puzzles. Kinda self-explanatory.

3c: 4D.
Again, self-explanatory. Puzzles based on things being in a fourth dimension.

Thanks in advance! ^w^

AfroKat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.) Big bad monster can be chasing you, and you have to trap him in the Golden Ratio so you can escape. (Maybe you need time to pull a level lowering a bridge and the monster stops you from that.)
So you have to slide blocks, move walls etc etc until the path.becomes the golden ratio

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to General Discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Man, this quick One Map game is causing unprecedented amounts of trouble.
I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prandom