Tyler Warren RPG Battlers 3rd 50 | Magnificent Quest Music Pack | The Emporium of Copper and Steel M

Seraph

Neglected TSF Pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Interesting might pick up the music packs when I get the chance.

As for which video game villain I'd want to be, it's definitely Lezard Valeth fom the Valkyrie Profile Series.

Why? Well for starters he survived Ragnorak, has the philosopher's stone, traveled to a different timeline (time traveled) trapped Valkyrie's soul, and became a god...

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any boss? Ahh... tough one. I would go with Darke from Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 though. He is a multi-dimensional treasure collector who has a taste for all things shiny and rare. But if being one of the richest beings in the entire universe wasn't enough, you can also remember that he isn't just some random thief or thug. His powers are astronomical and easily make quick work of the unprepared heroes. That boss fight could be one of the most frustrating things ever, trust me. That game was the highlight of my earlier gaming years and the big boss of it will always go down in my book as one of the most memorable gaming experiences ever.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Even though I've never actually played Portal, I've seen and heard enough that being GLaDOS would be awesome. I mean her sense of humor is wicked, she's super smart and admit it, she has an awesome singing voice. :D

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
My favorite video game boss would have to be Golbez from FFIV.  While the hero, Cecil had his own great path to redemption, the latter part of the story arc clearly shows how Golbez was "consumed by hate," and the DS version has a poignant scene that shows how he was good, but the death of his parents, coupled with jealousy over his little brother, turned him to darkness at the urging of Zemus.

And in The After Years, he's one of the playable heroes.

Generally, I love video game bosses who are more nuanced.

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
One of the big pushes for me to complete the 3rd 50 was to hopefully reach a number that could support an entire game.  Hopefully, I'll continue to enlarge the set in the same style and provide broader options to game makers.  I know they may not be compatible with the other battlers.  I'm in the same boat as The High Fantasy resources are also an independent option for developers.  Anyway, hopefully they are attractive enough for you to take the plunge.
They would have been out when I started my game I guess I would have invested into those. They really look great :) . Though, if I may do a suggestion, maybe a bit more human / humanoid battlers would be great. 

It would widen the scope of people who would be interested into your work I guess.

Now for my contest entry  

I guess I would be Sagat. (hey, he's a boss in SF and SF2!) He's one of those character who goes an upward spiral in his story, overcoming his anger and desire for revenge in turning back to someone with fighting ethics and always trying to outdo himself. I definetely would identify to someone like that. I prefer to be someone like him than some godlike power-hungry villain. I might not be the strongest, but I would rather lose with honour than win with tricks or have an easy win and no worthy challenge. And damn, he's human with his own flaws , doubts etc and hell, that's what makes life so exciting too sometimes and gives us the drive to improve all the way. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I would choose to be Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. Think of it for a second, a guy who is able to manipulate a 2 meter long katana, cut through buildings like butter, effortlessly fight against more than one "hero" at a time, has lightning speed reflexes, and it is of the few actually nice-looking villains (just look at him, flawless long silver hair :3). Wouldn't you want to be that sort of villain? And if I had to choose for a hero It would be someone similar to him, Dante from Devil May Cry 3-4.

Maybe he did become obsessed with Cloud, but despite all that, he is an all time favorite for me and many others.

Here you go~

Oh and also, he has one of the best theme songs I've ever heard, especially for the time the game was made at. "One Winged Angel", the name of this track describes his fallen angel look, while the track itself fits perfectly to the feeling of having him as an opponent.

Koneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ray from Breath of fire 2 because he is really not a bad person he just was raised to believe bad things he in fact helps the hero in many ways he will tech you one of two useful spells and later helps the hero unlock their inner power kind of by somehow unlocking the G. dragon form in the fight =)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm I really like the new music :)

As for about a boss.. I'd like to be Kalas from Baten Kaitos. That was a backstabbing twist I really did not see coming! Turns out he (the main character) was the villain in secret. Really impressed me, because during the story you really started to like him. And of course he got redeemed in the end :)

Infinite Angel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EnglishFilipino
Primarily Uses
 I am thinking of Jimmy Lee from the original NES version of Double Dragon as a choice for a villain boss. 

Jimmy is Billy's (the main character - protagonist's) twin brother and he turned out to be the final boss villain in the end.

I find beauty in the idea that your greatest enemy can be yourself or someone who is a mirror image of yourself ---- which can be reflected by Jimmy's character. 

TreeTopOcelot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's an easy one!

Majora's Mask.  :3

Three epic forms, one more fun than the last one, not to mention you could pull a moon to orbit just to frak over everyone and it takes not only Link but four guardian giants to stop you!

And then you have the confidence to speak your mind and how you truly feel, you're not the villain, but the good guy.  Link is the bad guy!  Haha, so awesome.

If Link didn't have the ability to go back in time Majora would have won, not to mention we still know very little, if anything about the legendary mask.  Hexing rituals?  Ancient creation!

Let's not forget the trippy nightmare inducing atmosphere and screams during Majora's fight.

Overall, 10/10 would be Majora again.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Congratulations to all the winners! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately, I've taken to smashing random nouns/verbs together as insults. It's sort of amusing how many people don't really know how to respond to that. You bottle shaker!
Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamplighter