TypeError: Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined

HoorEnglish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been using HimeWorks's Grid Battle System and I think (and hope) that I've done everything right. Things work fine until I get into the battle area. When I click the attack button, I get the error: "Cannot read property 'getValue' of undefined." Is there a problem within my coding that I might need to fix? Or perhaps some spaghetti code somewhere that might need some handling?

vietanhdang2017

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, of course something need to be fixed. But no one can help you anything until you show us the code itself

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is not the getvalue, the problem is the undefined.
the engine has been given a reference to a data object that does not exist.

so you need to find that reference and either restore the missing data object, or remove the reference and replace it with something that exists.

possible causes:
1) you loaded an old (and now incompatible) savefile after deleting something in the database
-> delete the savegames and start new playtests
2) a plugin is configured with a reference that does not exist
-> go through all plugins and all configuration options to find the wrong entry
3) you deleted a database object that is still referenced somewhere else in the database
-> correct your database references
4) conflict between two plugins blocking each others data
->reorder or remove the conflicting plugin

If you want help to find the exact cause, you have to give a screenshot of the console with the full error trace (press F8 on error message), and a screenshot of your plugin manager with all plugins and their order.

ST0RMTiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Andar gave you a quite exact answer but maybe you are not that familiar with coding. So I searched the plugin itself and found a quite good reference of himeworks itself.

As the plugin needs a lot of configuration by you that seems not to be set as standard by the plugin, I assume that you skipped some parts of config. If the plugin has no extensive error handling (which is obviously the case) this might be the source of your problem.

So try to read through the reference and try to set up every single parameter first before you try to start a battle. Something is missing and this is most likely a missing set up parameter.

As @vietanhdang2017 said, you would have to go into a lot more detail to help you with that more precisely.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin