hendryhu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I am new to this forum stuff.

This came up as I was trying to do a battle processing in a event in RPG Maker MV.
I have no plugins installed, I even tried to delete the "Made with MV" plugin but it didn't work either.

Thanks!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You'll have to provide a lot more detail. What event are you calling when this happens? Post the entire event. Also go and double check your plug-in manager, and make sure you are starting a new game, as usually this error means you are using an invalid save game from older plug-ins.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check the enemies in that battle troop, and make sure they all exist. The only reason I can think of that this would happen on a Battle Processing call, if you have no plugins, is if you added enemies to the troop, then deleted them from the Enemy slot in the database.

hendryhu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll have to provide a lot more detail. What event are you calling when this happens? Post the entire event. Also go and double check your plug-in manager, and make sure you are starting a new game, as usually this error means you are using an invalid save game from older plug-ins.
I think it's from my older plugins, how do you start a new game while keeping the old stuff?

Also, the event is a battle processing. It worked when it's in random encounters so definitely no enemies are missing.

Lastly I want to thank you for responding so quickly, I have no idea that the forum was so active.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep, if you have older plug-ins that you removed, then you have to start a new game. Just select new game on the title screen. Afraid that is the only solution though, as plug-ins add new variables and when you remove them (or add them), the old save files become invalid, hence the issue.

hendryhu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! I will try this tomorrow and see what happens.

mpurnell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
FYI there is a 'console' plugin you can get to help with what is causing the error

hendryhu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FYI there is a 'console' plugin you can get to help with what is causing the error
Here is the console, if anyone is interested to take a look:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'height' of undefined
at Sprite_Enemy.updateFrame (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_sprites.js:981:34)
at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.updateMain (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_sprites.js:512:14)
at Sprite_Enemy.Sprite_Battler.update (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_sprites.js:493:14)
at Sprite_Enemy.update (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_sprites.js:952:37)
at file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_core.js:3569:19
at Array.forEach (native)
at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_core.js:3567:19)
at file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_core.js:3569:19
at Array.forEach (native)
at Sprite.update (file:///C:/Users/Janey/Documents/hendryworkshop/monsterplanet/js/rpg_core.js:3567:19)

hendryhu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a new project and it doesn't have that problem anymore!

Going to keep the old one just in case there is a solution.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The solution is to start new game. Old saves (almost) never work when you remove plug-ins. There is no other way.

Also, do not post below yourself like that. That is double posting. Next time just edit your previous post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The presentation pictures for FSM Castle Tiles are really bad, there is so much more content in this DLC than they show. Great DLC.^^
Anyone know/remember Mummy's Tomb / Crystals of Zong for C64? Trying to recreate it for One Map Challenge. Fun. And ... er ... challenging!

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
The MZ first look stream was quite good. Looks like we get a lot of generator parts right off the bat this time around. Lots of cool clothes, helmets, facial marks, etc. Looking forward to playing around with it. :)
Any tips on how to share resources in here? Should I upload them in a image hosting site or Google Drive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denzelwatson