Ian_39

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone! I'm having a really weird problem with my game. Every time my state "freeze" (basically paralyze with an ice element) is put on a character, I keep getting a message that crashes the game reading:

Type Error
Cannot read property 'isActor' of null

I have no idea what this means because I don't really know code. But I opened the console, and it looked like it was happening in all of my battle plugins, which I'll list in their order below:

• Yanfly Battle Engine Core
  • Yanfly Action Sequence packs 1-3
  • Yanfly Animated Sideview enemies
  • Yanfly STB Battle system
  • SRD Timed Attack Core
  • SRD Timed Attack Arrows
  • SRD Timed Attack Circle
  • SRD Timed Attack Clock
  • SRD Timed Attack Mash
  • SRD Timed Attack Action Sequence
  • Yanfly Turn Order Display
  • Yanfly Visual HP Gauge
  • Yanfly Taunt
  • Yanfly Victory Aftermath
  • Yanfly Aftermath level up

The thing that really confuses me, though, is that I used almost this exact same system in an earlier version of this project, and it worked perfectly fine there. The only major changes I've made are switching the Yanfly battle system from CTB to STB, and the addition of Yanfly's 1.5 update so I could use the Arrows timed attack, which didn't work in the old one because I didn't use Yanfly's 1.5 update in it. It's even in the exact same order from the old one, so I'm at a loss for why there is a problem.

UPDATE: First off, thank you all for responding. So I've done some more play testing, and have noticed it tends most to happen when the actor with the 'Freeze' state attached has their turn come up, and the system has to move around who goes next. I'm also adding another screenshot from my most recent test, not sure if there's much of a difference though...

UPDATE 2: So, I looked at both screenshots again and noticed they both started with Yanfly's STB system... So I tried turning it off, and the problem seems to have disappeared. I'm gonna try using Yanfly's CTB (which was the system I used in the old project) and see if the problem persists or solves itself.

UPDATE 3: I just tried it with the CTB instead of the STB, and the Type Error has stopped popping up. So CTB it is! Thank you all for responding! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    800.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    607.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Make sure you are not using remove by restriction. That causes a lot of circular errors with Yanfly's code I've found, which will cause it to often keep applying and removing itself.

Ian_39

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plug-In Support[/move]

Make sure you are not using remove by restriction. That causes a lot of circular errors with Yanfly's code I've found, which will cause it to often keep applying and removing itself.

I'm not using remove by restriction... This is how I have it set up.

Attachments

• Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    616.8 KB · Views: 8

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My guess is that it is an eval error in one of your action sequences, possibly related to the Timed Attacks. Typically isActor() is called as a function on a battler, not a property. Check any evals or script calls you have (including relevant notetags) and make sure that you have brackets after isActor, e.g.
Code:
if user.isActor()
  move user: target, base, 20
end

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show a screenshot of your error. When you get it, hit F8 to open the developer tools, then go to the Console tab. Grab a screenshot of that and post it here. Also a screenshot of your plugin list.

Ian_39

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please show a screenshot of your error. When you get it, hit F8 to open the developer tools, then go to the Console tab. Grab a screenshot of that and post it here. Also a screenshot of your plugin list.
I did, it's in the original post at the bottom.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Come join us while I mess with TileD and GIMP for MZ :LZSjoy::LZSjoy::LZSjoy: (starting at 2PM ET)
The dolls are complete Shizukuandyuki.pngyunaandyuka.png what do you guys think of them i worked really hard on them
TFW you finally defeat an obnoxious bug in your project. B)
Made a showcase, guide, and tutorial to using GENE Scene Builder with RPG Maker MV :kaoslp:

For a long time I always consider XP soundtracks as the best one.
Just listened to some of MZ tracks from the free version.
It's... Quite mindblowing. xD
Only listened to the battles, towns, and fields.
But I'm sure the rest are equally good. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmyFlakes