Not open for further replies.

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, I am new to these forums, but I'm a long time user of RPG Makers,

as the title says i'm having a typeerror, the exact code is as follows.

[typeerror: cannot read property of 'bind' of undefined]

I am using all of the YEP Plug-ins and whenever i deactivate Yep_MainMenuManager I don't get the error anymore,

and the problem only happens when I tap the menu button.

I didn't edit the plug-in's parameters or anything, I only installed the updated versions of all the scripts and clicked on refresh on all the plug-ins.

i'd tell you more but unfortunitly I don't know what else I could tell you.

thanks for taking the time to at least read this. and thanks if you are able to help.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Have you started a new game after updating the scripts? If the update changes the way the data is handled, that is neccessary to set the new data.

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i never saved durring a test play, i usually move the starting position to where i want to test,

also sorry i didn't exactly know where the plugin support was located.

i've disabled ctb in favor of atb to see if that is the issue and i still got the same issue.

could it be because i copy/pasted all the scripts from another of my projects?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possibly.  There have been 3 versions of the engine.  If you started one game with an older version and the plugins were written for that version, and you have since updated your engine, the same plugins might not work - check to see that you have the latest version of each plugin, which should work with the current engine.

If you have not updated your version of the engine since starting the other game you copied the plugins from, then that's probably not the issue.

Please open the developer tools (F8) when you get the error and provide a screenshot of the console window so we can see more details about the error message.  Also ensure if any of your plugins are dependent on having other plugins installed, that you do have them, and higher in the list.

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I edited out my computer's user name, but here it is, i forgot all about the F8 function.

also i did update all scripts being used, i got all the Yep scripts in a rar file from yanfly's website.

and thanks for all help provided

TypeError Console.png

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what's on line 3891 of YEP_MainMenuManager?  Maybe you can provide the whole function and just highlight which line is 3891.

I wouldn't worry too much about your computer's name, unless it's something offensive.  We're interested in the stuff on the right side, not the left.  Most of us wouldn't even look at it if you hadn't mentioned it :)

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i've only used the scripts, how would i do that?

okay this is what i found on the dropbox one

eval("this._commandWindow.setHandler('" + symbol + "', " + bind + ")");

var actorBind = Yanfly.MMM.ActorBind;

if (actorBind === '') continue;

this._actorBinds[symbol] = actorBind;

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i've only used the scripts, how would i do that?

okay this is what i found on the dropbox one

eval("this._commandWindow.setHandler('" + symbol + "', " + bind + ")");

var actorBind = Yanfly.MMM.ActorBind;

if (actorBind === '') continue;

this._actorBinds[symbol] = actorBind;
this second post is just to notify that the topic has updated, i really want this problem i've been having fixed so please help

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Because I'm on my phone I can't access the blue font, otherwise this would be solid blue.

This is deliberate premature bumping.  Forum rules say 72 hours between posts for very good reasons.  Everyone wants their queries answered quickly,  but also know that everyone on this site is answering in their free time.  Factor in different time zones, work and family commitments and general RL stuff and 72 hours is pretty reasonable.   Please show a tad of patience. 

Darkheart85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
copy/pasted JS folder from new game data, recopied JS plug-ins from yep_.RAR, plug-ins working perfectly.

how do you expand event Notetags? please provide link to answer this new question if neccesary.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you mean make the area larger, you don't.  You can't change the editor.  If you need to see the whole thing, select everything inside the note tag, copy it and paste it into notepad or something.  Make your changes, then copy-paste it back to replace what was there previously.

new questions go into new threads.  If this one has been resolved, please use the Report button on your first post and ask the mods to close it.

Forum Rules are located via a tab at the top of the screen.  It might be good for you to take a look through them, as you're giving them a pretty good hiding.

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You say you didn't change the Plugin Parameters but there is a bind error meaning the function bound to the symbol isn't executed correctly or is simply undefined.

I can reproduce that error when I deliberately change one of the binds to a function that isn't existing. Look through your parameter list. Are you sure you didn't change anything in there? If you placed a custom command in there be sure to post it here.

Edit: Ok, Problem solved, I see. ;)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr