A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,
While trying to create a plugin for MZ, I came up with the question of argument types for the new PluginManager MZ brought in.

We specify the types of arguments through the @type instruction like this:
Code:
@arg XXXX
@type YYYY
@text ZZZZ
@desc DDDDD
@default WWW

But, what are the available types? For now, I found out str, number, bool. Do we have a complete list somewhere? I'd specifically like to see if you can have lists, event/map selection, and so on.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot! I was only searching on MZ, but I forgot that there were options added in MV after a while!

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Schlangan Actually, the recent 'Plugin Introduction' on the JP site does have a list of available types and also includes some of the new annotations (@url, @base, etc).

That awkward moment when your knowledge of Japanese is actually useful in your career...
Thank you very much!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
@Schlangan As far as I know, this page is probably the most in-depth documentation on the various types and such.
i think in MZ they also added
multiline_string

basically it's multiple line of string...

MV does not have that if i remember correctly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smudge