Anthem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay so I did some google searching and for the life of me I couldn't find myself a Throwing script that fit my wants. I want a throw Script that allows me to have a single skill that opens the item menu so I can throw specific items.

The_Sarah

Let's make great games together!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm pretty new around here... so hopefully someone else'll chip in with exactly what you're looking for instead.

But, in the meantime, I found a Throw skill script that someone made which uses multiple greyed out skills in your skill menu for when you don't have the throwable item/s in your inventory (and they become selectable when you HAVE got the required item/s in your inventory):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(It came with one error when I tested it, though the error was easily fixed:
Around line 65 there was a seemingly accidental new line in the middle of the
"unless $game_party.has_item?($data_weapons[@ninja_throw_skill_weapons[skill.id]])"
line.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for a Throw script that starts off as an option selectable in your default Actor Command Window screen and then gives you a new window of throwable items to pick from...
I couldn't find one myself either! :o

I'm currently learning Window related scripting as best I can (to do something else not Throw related), but I think it might end up sharing the same knowledge pool that this theoretical Throw script would come from.
So, if no actual cool person comes to your rescue with the script in the meantime, then I'll try my hand at making one in the next X days once I've figured out my own battle window script requirements.

As I'm genuinely surprised there isn't a Throw script out there like the one you've requested here already, I mean... it's such a classic way of doing the skill (just look at Final Fantasy IX for example)!

Anthem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly that script is not what I'm looking for.

The_Sarah

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sadly that script is not what I'm looking for.
Hey Anthem! I figured as much, sorry no-one else had made anything like it before.

But I have (hopefully) good news!

I made one!

I was right about me learning most of what I needed from my other script learning so I went ahead and had a go and I think it works like a treat.

My very own Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

Here's the link in case you're still looking for one:

Anthem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is more of what I've been looking for. Thanks.

The_Sarah

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad I could help!

Also thanks for asking for it, I wasn't going to use a Throw skill in my game but after going through all the effort of making one I've had a few cool ideas for including the skill in my game too!

Good luck with your own projects :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry90