Bors

UI/UX Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
VNM
The following is what I'm trying to get working (the project is based on the the Action-UI).

SL-Settings-Layout.jpg

I got the implementation somewhat underway, but as I kinda suck at coding, here are the problems I ran into:
- while I got the bars from horizontal to vertical, they go from top-to-bottom and I need them bottom-to-top, like the mockup
- I can't find a way to make the area clickable to directly set a volume with a simple click, you always need to click-drag a small predetermined area
- even though the settings are memorized, the position of the draggable section gets reset every time the page is opened
- can't get the draggable area visible, as attaching an image to it via the VNMaker UI does not seem to work

I'll be thankful for any help I can to get this functioning as intended. If necessary, I can offer some cash or provide my design services in exchange.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Bors, can you show us how your UI graphics, especially the ones for the bars are organized? Based on that we could try to give you some more detailed instructions on what to do. The best is to create a separate scene with just one vertical min-max control as a playground and make it working there. Then try to put most of the logic into common events to avoid copy-paste and then put it into the actually settings menu 5 times for each min-max control.

Bors

UI/UX Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Hey Kentou. Thank you for your reply.
I'm not sure is this is the part you wanted to see, but I'm essentially using the sample scene-based UI that comes with the software as base:

SL-settings-drag.jpg

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi Bors,

to be honest, I think the kind of min-max control is actually different from the default settings menu one. You want it to go from bottom to top and you don't want dragging you want that the user clicks on an empty bar and then it fills up until the bar where the user clicked right? I think the best would be to make a complete new kind of UI control from scratch.

You need the two graphics, one graphic showing all 10 bars empty and another one showing all 10 bars filled. If you post them here, I can't promise but I can try to build something for you and make the logic public for everyone to use who needs the same.

Bors

UI/UX Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
VNM
Having this available to everyone would be great. Vertical or horizontal, it's a very common and useful interface element.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Having lots of fun using different PS brushes to add a lil' texture to the floors and walls in my maps.
Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
That trope is alive more than ever, not so much elemental Crystal's but gathering magical objects or doing "task" to unlock this oddly specific thing is everywhere, I saw it saw it in the IT 2 remake, avengers and every season of supernatural
It's raining...in winter :")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisred801