xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too long ago, I picked up a bundle from Humble Bundle and got an interesting program called Flame Painter 4. I played around with it for a while and figured I'd be able to make some sweet custom graphics for my game like parallax backgrounds or title/game over screens, things like that. Now that I've played around with Effekseer, I think I'll be able to use them together! Flame Painter uses dynamic brushes to create really cool effects like flames, sparks, tracers. I'm even more excited to work with Effekseer now!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That sounds really cool! I'll have to look it up. :LZSjoy:

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tea's Jams Just a quick question; am I allowed to use the materials that come in the sample folder (along with the Effekseer download) to create my animation? Or do I have to make my own material?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tea's Jams Just a quick question; am I allowed to use the materials that come in the sample folder (along with the Effekseer download) to create my animation? Or do I have to make my own material?

You can use them because they are CC0. Just don't copy an effect and use as is, it should be your own effect edited from the original components.

Last edited:

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Submitted my entry!
Honestly pretty intimidated by the current entries, I hope I do well. :kaoswt2:
(also hoping the file actually works as intended, otherwise that would suck)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope so too! (We'll do our best to get it working :LZSjoy: )

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aaand submitted mine. Good luck everyone!

(Kudos to hiddenone for making me laugh out loud with that entry)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally got an entry in too, I can't win anything, but it was still fun to make! :LZSjoy:

ToastyCheese

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having issues getting itch.io to accept my project as submit-able to the contest. I'm not familiar with the platform, just joined it today so I'm not sure how to trouble shoot it. and the deadline is close but I really want to submit this entry :(

Nevermind, Got it :)

Jwx

Artist
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great entries, very inspiring all of them, they open a wide horizon in possibilities and ideas in RPG Maker MZ, congrats for everyone!

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
We're happy to announce that in celebration of the upcoming RPG Maker MZ, and it's new Particle Animation system, we have partnered with @Driftwood Gaming & @Tea's Jams to make the Ultimate Effekseer Animation Contest!

View attachment 149716
(Art in Banner by Nowis & Archeia)
Make an animation in the free open source Particle Animations editor Effekseer! Submit it to the contest! Have a chance to win a copy of RPG Maker MZ... or perhaps some yet unreleased RPG Maker MZ resource packs!

Click through to the itch.io contest page for full rules and how to enter!

Need some help getting started with Effekseer? Don't worry, it is pretty intuitive, and on top of that, Tea has been making some video tutorials to get you started, with more to come soon!
Offtopic, who's the author name of the blonde boy? Looks like my brother. Thank you!

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Submission is closed and voting is now in progress"

Is this an open voting? If so I can't find where to vote. (Though I hope this means judge voting, otherwise instead of it being a contest of best skill, it ends up becoming a popularity contest of who manages to nag the most friends for votes :guffaw: )

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made alternative colors (10 total) for one of my entries that I hope could be useful and was wondering, can I offer them to be included in the free dlc pack even though they won't be a part of the contest itself?

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes absolutely! :D

Just send the file(s) to me via DM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vollar45