Der Botaniker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Tanks to Hiino for his awesome translation

This is a script for creating quests, that aims to be parameterizable and flexible. Thanks to Zangther, Hiino and Altor for their help.

Licensing

Free for any use, commercial or otherwise. Ideally, please credit the author, me (Nuki).

Installing

This script requires installing the CustomDatabase to work. Copy the script in your editor on top of Main, in the Materials category. You can assign it to a reserved spot, and name it however you want. I personally chose the name QuestSystem (creative! :p ). I advise you to prepare a script page below this one that will be used to insert the quests (I named it QuestList).

Default views screenshots

Sorry, it's in French, but the script is in English 

The Quest Log

The Quest Shop 

Using the script

Creating a quest

As said in the Installing chapter, it is recommended to create an empty page under the main script, for adding quests. When I talk about creating quests, I will assume that you use this quests page.

Syntax for quest creation

In order to create a quest, you simply need to add this in the quests page:

Quest.create( :id => QUEST_NUMBER, :name => "Quest name", :desc => "Quest description")This is the minimal syntax needed to create a quest. However, there exist a lot of additional parameters.

A lot of others option

This script provide a lot of additional option and the complete documentation can be found here : 

https://github.com/nukiFW/RPGMaker/blob/master/QuestSystem/READMEUK.md

Thanks for your feedbacks

senpoRiot

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
How can I remove the prices when selecting a quest?

Grim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
(The script has a very big update just ago, you have to update this one).

Last edited by a moderator:

Sophien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It would be great...but it is in French :D But nice either :D In German, it would be the best xD

Der Botaniker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The script is in English AND in French. 

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script and menu shows up, but I don't see the quest I set up like in the code:

Quest.create( :id => 1, :name => "Meet Pierre", :desc => "Go talk to Pierre, north of the Village", :gold => 200, :exp => 120, :items => [1,1,2], :weapons => [2], :armors => [3])Quest.create( :id => 2, :name => "The slime and the potion", :desc => "Kill two slimes and find a potion", :gold => 100, :exp => 100, :success_trigger => monster_killed(1, 2) & has_item(1, 1), :fail_trigger => switch_check(3, :activated))Did I done something wrong?The Quest is available in the menu, but all 4 fields are completly empty. (\s/)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uuupss....
Didn't seen it in the last part of the documantation, that there are script calls for it. *blushes*
I'm so sorry, that I didn't read the manual correct...
Thank you very much. :) (\s/)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen