bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh! that would explain a lot as I'm still using one of the earlier versions of rmmz. the reason being that I didn't want to update until I was finished with my current project since updating may cause compatibility issues and whatnot. its a bummer though cause I've been trying to implement the same isometric type style for so long now and had almost given up on it till I found ultra mode 7. Its a pity that it doesn't work with my version. (1.0.1 btw) even enabling legacy scaling didn't seem to have any effect.

Yeah, I wrote this code based on RMMZ v1.4.3 IIRC. IDK how much the MZ devs changed the core code since v1.0.1.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For some reason this has caused my damage tiles to shift over one square.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason this has caused my damage tiles to shift over one square.

Please make sure that you have the newest version. Does this happen to anything else? Like passability? If you make a demo, I can take a look at it.

Other people have reported "shifted tiles" like that, but whenever I asked for a demo, people would just go silent.

Eternidade_1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is one of the scripts that I would put in my projects.

pennylessz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please make sure that you have the newest version. Does this happen to anything else? Like passability? If you make a demo, I can take a look at it.

Other people have reported "shifted tiles" like that, but whenever I asked for a demo, people would just go silent.
I'll see about getting one made up, but am fixing other issues with my project at the moment.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The reason for the shifted pixels is because the core version is too old.
Everyone that has this issue would be suspected of having an illegal copy of MZ, since why would you have version 1.0.0 if you had a legit copy?
1651700943271.png

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
ehhh??? i explained before, lol I saw this coming from a mile away. the reason I haven't updated yet is simply because I'd like to finish my current project first. Since core js files are also updated in each new update and having a history of losing projects over the years because of similar stuffs I decided not to until im done, hope this clears that up. if you still doubt then idk what to say, heck I could install the latest version on my other comp...… w... that's a damn good idea. and this is why I'm so smurt. also... a lot of other older scripts could stop working I honestly don't wanna take the risk. but yeah I could test it on my laptop to see if it 'would' change anything.... lol ok ill do that.

ougitou1

Invisible Black
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
en-
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thought I'd share this here as well.
Thank you again for this plugin bblizzard! :LZSooo:

not gonna lie but the "screaming" kind of sounds like intense, hot, passionate moaning idk if its just me... but wow that's …. wow...…. my earphones were loud and my dad was beside me giving me the disappointing look... hmm yeah you should change it.

the scene, mechanics and dialogue seems to be fine tho. also don't forget that the most important thing before publishing is to build up an kind of expectancy. otherwise it could just fall through the cracks.

in light of that, there are many people here who would love to do a demo playthrough of your game or even just like to promote it.

anyway have fun and GL with your game.~

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
日本
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Mr. Blizzard, this your addon is great!
I would love to use your plugin on my phone, but the plugin is too heavy for the phone.
Do you have a plan optimized for mobile phones?
I am using mv.

Last edited:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Mr. Blizzard, this your addon is great!
I would love to use your plugin on my phone, but the plugin is too heavy for the phone.
Do you have a plan optimized for mobile phones?
I am using mv.

Most phones these days really shouldn't have any problems running this plugin. Even larger and more complicated maps shouldn't actually require much more power since the rendering system cuts off all polygons that aren't on-screen and they don't get rendered. Do you have performance issues without the plugin on phones? If yes, the problem may lie elsewhere (maybe another plugin or too many events on the map).

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
日本
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most phones these days really shouldn't have any problems running this plugin. Even larger and more complicated maps shouldn't actually require much more power since the rendering system cuts off all polygons that aren't on-screen and they don't get rendered. Do you have performance issues without the plugin on phones? If yes, the problem may lie elsewhere (maybe another plugin or too many events on the map).
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply to me!
When this plugin runs the MV on a mobile phone, there is no problem with rendering, but when using the plugin's animation function, the camera's movement will freeze on the mobile phone.
I've tested it several times, and it seems that this feature only makes the mobile device heavier, but I'm sorry I can't give a demo here.
As for the possible problem of [too many events on another plug-in or map], there are no more than 15 events on my project map. This plug-in is the last plug-in I added. The previous plug-ins have been tested without any problems.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to reply to me!
When this plugin runs the MV on a mobile phone, there is no problem with rendering, but when using the plugin's animation function, the camera's movement will freeze on the mobile phone.

Which animation exactly? Things like rotation shouldn't be a problem, but changing map data can require all data to be reuploaded to the VRAM on the device (which is kinda slow on mobile devices) which might be what is causing the problems.

I've tested it several times, and it seems that this feature only makes the mobile device heavier, but I'm sorry I can't give a demo here.

Would it be possible to make a demo separate from your project? You can even use the demo I provided, deploy them on your mobile device and check which animations exactly are causing the issue.

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
日本
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Mr. Blizzard.
I took your suggestion and used the latest version of the demo to deploy the mobile terminal. The test was even heavier than before, and even the movement of the player on the map would be stuck. The animation part:
UltraMode7.animateFov(UltraMode7.getFov() + 30, 60)
or
UltraMode7.animateFov(UltraMode7.getFov() - 30, 60)
In addition to being relatively smooth, almost all other animation scripts will be stuck.
I got a demo of your v1.54 version for testing through other means, and the old version was almost smooth.
I also apologize to you, I would love to provide you with a mobile demo, but for some reason I can't upload it.

HereThere

Villager B
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi bblizzard, your plugin looks absolutely amazing! I was doing some testing and it seems to work apart from the tileset just not appearing at all (only events are visible/plugin lighting only affects the events). I tried fiddling around the with the demo by updating its Corescript to the latest MZ v1.5.0, which my project was also on, and the tiles from that also disappeared. Could it be a conflict with the latest update or am I just missing a compatibility step? Thank you!

This is an image of the demo updated to v1.5.0:

Attachments

• sdswdwa.png
    sdswdwa.png
    370.1 KB · Views: 10

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi bblizzard, your plugin looks absolutely amazing! I was doing some testing and it seems to work apart from the tileset just not appearing at all (only events are visible/plugin lighting only affects the events). I tried fiddling around the with the demo by updating its Corescript to the latest MZ v1.5.0, which my project was also on, and the tiles from that also disappeared. Could it be a conflict with the latest update or am I just missing a compatibility step? Thank you!

This is an image of the demo updated to v1.5.0:

They changed the name of a variable so it breaks the tile-size. Fixed in v2.0.6.

fabumaniac

professional clown
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I'm having problems starting up, as for my project I recently started, mode 7 is an important visual so I'd rather get it out of the way first, but when I start off, it looks normal, I have it set to webgl and everything but no matter what I do, what settings I change, it looks like I don't have it at all, do you know how to fix this? I'm using the latest MV version by the way, and I have no other plugins besides community basic on it currently.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don’t believe in astrology. I’m a Sagittarius and we’re skeptical.
senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kpopenewscom