ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible for near_clip_z and far_clip_z to be a definable parameter by notetag/in map?

Well, I avoided adding it because I didn't really see the point. But I can add it if you really want.

Hey. I asked about this a while back but never finalized my request before taking a hiatus. Could this still be done? I have a map inside a subway car and when you approach the screen (down) the wall of the subway car appears and you are now looking at the car from the outside. It works perfectly by setting the clipping distance just right, however it's totally wrong for other maps. I want to do this for some forests and entering shops and some other things too. Would be super helpful to be able to use a param to change on the fly. Being able to animate the change could allow for some cool affects too (like walls of fire spreading into the distance) just in the same way other parameters in the plugin are able to change over time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking... Would it be possible to show an image ( picture, event, doodad...) and anchor it's four corners to four points on the map? Like counter clockwise from bottom left, A=bottom left, B=bottom right, C=top right, D=top left.
D C
A B
A is anchored to (x,y,z) 1,1,0. B=1,2,0. C1,2,1. D=1,1,1
so that's like a wall perpendicular to the screen going from 1,1 to 1,2 and 1 unit high. If this was able to update every frame it would be possible to do walls, or polygons really. Am I making sense? Lol. Even a solid color or one stretched pixel image would be something.
I don't want to start doing 3d or anything but just for some vertical side walls would be something we've all been dreaming of. I am no programmer though so I have no idea if it's even viable. Or if I'm not just speaking gibberish.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. I asked about this a while back but never finalized my request before taking a hiatus. Could this still be done? I have a map inside a subway car and when you approach the screen (down) the wall of the subway car appears and you are now looking at the car from the outside. It works perfectly by setting the clipping distance just right, however it's totally wrong for other maps. I want to do this for some forests and entering shops and some other things too. Would be super helpful to be able to use a param to change on the fly. Being able to animate the change could allow for some cool affects too (like walls of fire spreading into the distance) just in the same way other parameters in the plugin are able to change over time.

Yeah, sure, I can add it then.

I was thinking... Would it be possible to show an image ( picture, event, doodad...) and anchor it's four corners to four points on the map? Like counter clockwise from bottom left, A=bottom left, B=bottom right, C=top right, D=top left.
D C
A B
A is anchored to (x,y,z) 1,1,0. B=1,2,0. C1,2,1. D=1,1,1
so that's like a wall perpendicular to the screen going from 1,1 to 1,2 and 1 unit high. If this was able to update every frame it would be possible to do walls, or polygons really. Am I making sense? Lol. Even a solid color or one stretched pixel image would be something.
I don't want to start doing 3d or anything but just for some vertical side walls would be something we've all been dreaming of. I am no programmer though so I have no idea if it's even viable. Or if I'm not just speaking gibberish.

While it's technically easy to make something rudimentary like this, it actually opens up a huge can of worms which basically leads to 3D. And I really don't wanna go there. xD

I think I saw a plugin which allows for making more 3D-like maps so that might be a better fit for you than UM7. It's not real 3D just yet, but it's definitely more in that direction than UM7 if that's what you are looking for.

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
While it's technically easy to make something rudimentary like this, it actually opens up a huge can of worms which basically leads to 3D. And I really don't wanna go there. xD

I think I saw a plugin which allows for making more 3D-like maps so that might be a better fit for you than UM7. It's not real 3D just yet, but it's definitely more in that direction than UM7 if that's what you are looking for.

No way. billboard sprites and mode 7 (especially UM7) has way more character than rudimentary 3d does any day of the week!

Oh! One more request! Could you provide compatibility for the Community Lighting plugin? https://github.com/ImaginaryVillain/community_lights/blob/master/Community_Lighting.js
It's built off of Terrax Lighting so hopefully wouldn't be too involved... I hope?

Here's why UM7>3D:
2021-08-20T15-22-57-884Z.png
2021-08-20T15-21-44-165Z.png

TLiaD_Feb192022_island_promo01(1280).png
tliad_preview 50321 (8bpc).png
TLiaD_isodemo01 (1920x1080).png

Attachments

• 2022-04-23T22-07-03-165Z.png
    2022-04-23T22-07-03-165Z.png
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 13

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No way. billboard sprites and mode 7 (especially UM7) has way more character than rudimentary 3d does any day of the week!

<3

Oh! One more request! Could you provide compatibility for the Community Lighting plugin? https://github.com/ImaginaryVillain/community_lights/blob/master/Community_Lighting.js
It's built off of Terrax Lighting so hopefully wouldn't be too involved... I hope?

Here's why UM7>3D:
View attachment 234406
View attachment 234407

View attachment 234409
View attachment 234410
View attachment 234411

I don't mind, but a demo would help immensely with writing the compat code. xD
BTW, those screenshots are gorgeous.

EDIT: @ephesus I changed the near clip Z and far clip Z to modifiable parameters similar to others in v2.0.7.

Last edited:

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't mind, but a demo would help immensely with writing the compat code. xD
BTW, those screenshots are gorgeous.
What do I need to set up in the demo specifically? Just examples of features not working properly?

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Blizzard,

this is about the MZ version. I noticed that the player moves when clicking on the menu item in the top right (or on any other Picture that became clickable by another plugin for example), which is a little bit annoying. I found out that your overriding method "Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch" does not check for "!this.isAnyButtonPressed()". I think this feature is an MZ thing and did not exist back then.

So with this code, it works for me:

Code:
const UltraMode7_Scene_Map_prototype_processMapTouch = Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch;
Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch = function()
{
    if (!$gameMap.useUltraMode7)
    {
        UltraMode7_Scene_Map_prototype_processMapTouch.call(this);
        return;
    }
    if (TouchInput.isTriggered() || this._touchCount > 0)
    {
        if (TouchInput.isPressed() && !this.isAnyButtonPressed()) // <-- edited by myself
        {
            if (this._touchCount === 0 || this._touchCount >= 15)
            {
                const position = UltraMode7.screenToMap(TouchInput.x, TouchInput.y);
                $gameTemp.setDestination(Math.floor(position.x / $gameMap.tileWidth()), Math.floor(position.y / $gameMap.tileHeight()));
            }
            ++this._touchCount;
        }
        else
        {
            this._touchCount = 0;
        }
    }
};

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Anyone else's Doodad's stop working?
My doodads are all placing in the top left corner of my map, in the exact same spot no matter where I try and place them (seemingly not at 0,0 oddly enough, but close). If I switch off UM7 everything is where it should be. If I switch to an older version of UM7 everything is fine as well. (I skipped a few updates though so not sure if this issue is only on 2.0.7 but I'd guess it would have been brought up if not.)

on a different note. Would it be possible to have different layers shift at different speeds when moving? kind of like parallaxing the map layers? would it be possible to make layers move in directions on looping maps?

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do I need to set up in the demo specifically? Just examples of features not working properly?

Pretty much, yeah. Best would be examples of most features so I can make sure I don't break anything when I implement something else.

Hi Blizzard,

this is about the MZ version. I noticed that the player moves when clicking on the menu item in the top right (or on any other Picture that became clickable by another plugin for example), which is a little bit annoying. I found out that your overriding method "Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch" does not check for "!this.isAnyButtonPressed()". I think this feature is an MZ thing and did not exist back then.

So with this code, it works for me:

Code:
const UltraMode7_Scene_Map_prototype_processMapTouch = Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch;
Scene_Map.prototype.processMapTouch = function()
{
    if (!$gameMap.useUltraMode7)
    {
        UltraMode7_Scene_Map_prototype_processMapTouch.call(this);
        return;
    }
    if (TouchInput.isTriggered() || this._touchCount > 0)
    {
        if (TouchInput.isPressed() && !this.isAnyButtonPressed()) // <-- edited by myself
        {
            if (this._touchCount === 0 || this._touchCount >= 15)
            {
                const position = UltraMode7.screenToMap(TouchInput.x, TouchInput.y);
                $gameTemp.setDestination(Math.floor(position.x / $gameMap.tileWidth()), Math.floor(position.y / $gameMap.tileHeight()));
            }
            ++this._touchCount;
        }
        else
        {
            this._touchCount = 0;
        }
    }
};

I see... I'll take a look at this in the next few days and integrate this fix.

Anyone else's Doodad's stop working?
My doodads are all placing in the top left corner of my map, in the exact same spot no matter where I try and place them (seemingly not at 0,0 oddly enough, but close). If I switch off UM7 everything is where it should be. If I switch to an older version of UM7 everything is fine as well. (I skipped a few updates though so not sure if this issue is only on 2.0.7 but I'd guess it would have been brought up if not.)

on a different note. Would it be possible to have different layers shift at different speeds when moving? kind of like parallaxing the map layers? would it be possible to make layers move in directions on looping maps?

While I didn't change anything substantial in the code, I did rename some variables a some point (especially when implementing the MZ compatibility). Maybe this broke something? Can you reproduce this if you add Doodads in the UM7 demo? If yes, can you send me that modified demo? I'll take a look.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UltraMode7-MV_2.0.7DoodadsBug.zip

I placed a handful of doodads around player start. You'll find them at the top left of the map. Everything is where it should be when UM7 is turned off.

Yup, it was exactly as I expected: Renamed variables. I was careful with checking that this variable has been renamed only in places where it had to be renamed, but I must've missed the compat code and renamed it there as well (it should not have been renamed). I'll have a new version up in a few minutes.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, I have a problem. My floor dissapeared, only Events are visible.

1658261558955.png

I cannot reproduce what I did to cause this, and I cannot revert it. I tried out your latest version and another older version that I still had on my disk. All other Plugins disabled. Only thing I can tell you us, it only occurs when the Map is looped.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I have a problem. My floor dissapeared, only Events are visible.

View attachment 235146

I cannot reproduce what I did to cause this, and I cannot revert it. I tried out your latest version and another older version that I still had on my disk. All other Plugins disabled. Only thing I can tell you us, it only occurs when the Map is looped.

I can reproduce it. I must've messed up something in the last two versions or so since I remember that it worked fairly recently. I'll look into it ASAP and have a fixed version up soon.

EDIT: Yuuuuup. Even though I really made sure that I changed all code for NEAR_CLIP_Z and FAR_CLIP_Z that I renamed 2 versions go (I checked the entire code like 3 times), I still missed a spot. Fix in v2.0.9.

Last edited:

Muk adel heid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Any idea on how to add shadows? (realtime ones, not fixed)

I think the "quasi simple shadows" works but it has a problem with the angle of the floor.
Also the zoom of it, sometimes it is too big.
Does this plugin is compatible? , is there any other alternative?

I'm using the MV version.

Thanks for the plugin btw. :rock-left:

Last edited:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I think the "quasi simple shadows" works but it has a problem with the angle of the floor.

I'm pretty sure that Quasi Simple Shadow should work since I added compatibility a while back. However, it's possible that the plugin was updated in the meantime and broke something related to that code. If you make a demo, I can take a look at it. It will take a bit of time though since I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and IDK how much time I'll spend in front of my laptop during the next 2-3 weeks. xD

SigmaSuccour

Dogmatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...since I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and IDK how much time I'll spend in front of my laptop during the next 2-3 weeks. xD

Disconnect, relax. And hope you come out happier and healthier from the vacation, Bblizzard. :kaosalute:

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

This is a rewrite of Quasi simple shadows and a hard to find updated version at that:
https://github.com/ossra/RPG-Maker-MV-Plugins/blob/master/Character/Exhydra_BasicShadows.js

Will it fix your problems? I dunno but it does a lot more stuff than the original!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a showcase of layers of visual effects I've added over a scene. By stripping them off, one by one. :kaoblush:

Aaaaand, here's me working on the above scene, adding weather effects to it: :kaoeh:

DamageActor1_2.png added!
index.php

Krow and Dova's Cool New Game | Release Trailer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaireinaH