bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried changing the order of the scripts? If yes, can you make a demo? If it's just sprites using images, I can easily add some compatibility code.

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
BUG REPORT :
YEP_PictureCommonEvents , can't work with UM7....
Enable UM7 then YEP_PCE can't work
Disable UM7 then YEP_PCE can Work

Can you help me ?
1) When you get an error, press F8 and copy/paste the "full" error message here to make it easier to identify the problem (just saying there's an error compared to showing what the actual error is helps narrow down what the problem is).
2) Have you tried moving Yanfly's Picture Common Events plugin above/below the Ultra Mode 7 plugin? It's a common situation where a plugin in the wrong order can cause conflicts.

EDIT - And of course I don't find out that @bblizzard had posted before me until after I've posted (my timing). XD

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) When you get an error, press F8 and copy/paste the "full" error message here to make it easier to identify the problem (just saying there's an error compared to showing what the actual error is helps narrow down what the problem is).
2) Have you tried moving Yanfly's Picture Common Events plugin above/below the Ultra Mode 7 plugin? It's a common situation where a plugin in the wrong order can cause conflicts.

EDIT - And of course I don't find out that @bblizzard had posted before me until after I've posted (my timing). XD
thank you.
YEP need at down of UM7 !!!
now fix....

seaotter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried changing the order of the scripts? If yes, can you make a demo? If it's just sprites using images, I can easily add some compatibility code.
YEP need at down of UM7 !!!
I don't know why, but now fix.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was wondering would it be possible to change up the script so that the user can make certain tiles, like trees, popup instead of having to make them an event?

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering would it be possible to change up the script so that the user can make certain tiles, like trees, popup instead of having to make them an event?
@bblizzard has already provided the ability to use Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodad's to do this but you will need to separate the trees in to their own images. This will also mean you're able to get around the standard 48x48 spacing/placement of objects (or which ever tile resolution you have set in a tile resizing plugin) but you will still need something to make tiles with doodads you placed impassable (such as Yanfly's Region Restrict plugin).

In the case of Yanfly's plugins, you will also need the Yanfly's Core Engine plugin in order for them to operate (please check Yanfly's main plugin page for the general load order). Make sure that Ultra Mode 7 is placed "before" the Grid-Free Doodad's plugin to avoid issues.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree that Yanfly's Doodads is probably the most convenient option.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bblizzard has already provided the ability to use Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodad's to do this but you will need to separate the trees in to their own images. This will also mean you're able to get around the standard 48x48 spacing/placement of objects (or which ever tile resolution you have set in a tile resizing plugin) but you will still need something to make tiles with doodads you placed impassable (such as Yanfly's Region Restrict plugin).

In the case of Yanfly's plugins, you will also need the Yanfly's Core Engine plugin in order for them to operate (please check Yanfly's main plugin page for the general load order). Make sure that Ultra Mode 7 is placed "before" the Grid-Free Doodad's plugin to avoid issues.
I agree that Yanfly's Doodads is probably the most convenient option.
Unfortunately I don't think this plugin is for me...

I can't seem to get anything to work right. I tried placing doodads several hours ago but then when I moved around the map, the doodads appeared to move with it. Like that issue with the events getting larger as I get further away which bugs me to no end.

And terrax lighting, no good either, the lighting won't stay with their events and move around as well.

and when I tried to make that edit to make the terrax plugin work with this plugin as per the instructions in this plugin, it completely broke that one.

I don't understand any of this.

(>_______<)

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@StarWarrior00 I myself found this plugin working better UNDER doodads in the plugin manager.
And I can send you my modified Terrax if you want?

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you have to put UM7 under Doodads. I did mention this in the instructions of the plugin.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, you have to put UM7 under Doodads. I did mention this in the instructions of the plugin.
It was originally under doodads but someone was like NOPE, you need to put it OVER.

For some reason doodads would not even come up when I pressed 10. Turns out another plugin was causing the issue.

Zemtax

Secret Open World Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason I can't get the compatibility code to start when I'm using Khas Ultra Lighting. Tried the same in a fresh project and it doesn't start either, tried below and above plugin order. Checked the code to see when the console.log is supposed to trigger, and by my limited knowledge, it should since I'm using the versions that are used in the if-statement. I probably missed something along the way :v

EDIT:
Made it work by simply setting the if-statement that would enable the compatibility code to true. So seems like something in that statement doesn't equal true.

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The updated plugin isn't compatible with Khas Ultra lighting, at least in my case. Maybe it was a problem on my end. I still use the old version because of this.

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The updated plugin isn't compatible with Khas Ultra lighting, at least in my case. Maybe it was a problem on my end. I still use the old version because of this.
I'm using both Khas Ultra Lighting (v4.2) and Ultra Mode 7 (v1.4.3), both of which are working fine on my end. Maybe check the load-order situation or see if there's another plugin interfering with Ultra Mode 7/Khas Ultra Lighting?

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried using the updated plugin again. It works just fine now! Why it didn't before? I don't know ^^;
Btw, does anyone know of any screen zoom plugins that work with Ultra Mode 7? I tried Masked's and Galv's. But they only zoom in the characters and doodads. Not the map itself.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Btw, does anyone know of any screen zoom plugins that work with Ultra Mode 7? I tried Masked's and Galv's. But they only zoom in the characters and doodads. Not the map itself.
You can use UM7's built-in functionality to move the camera closer to get that effect. Just check out the demo, one of the NPCs does exactly that.

Hyouryuu-Na

Currently unavailable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know about that feature but I'm using a bigger screen resolution. It makes everything in the map look small. Using a zoom in plugin works for all stuff except the map.
Edit: @bblizzard Since I've tried using two zoom plugins, I think Ultra Mode 7 isn't compatible with any other plugins of that sort. If you don't mind, can you please see if it's somehow possible to male the maps influenced by the zoom too?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998