Ultra Mode 7

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by bblizzard, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bblizzard

bblizzard Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There you have it, you need to make sure WebGL is used, not Canvas. UM7 doesn't work with Canvas.

Chef likes this.
  2. Necrojoker00

Necrojoker00 Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Any help? i forgot to mention i'm also using it on mac, does it change anything?.

3. bblizzard

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Necrojoker00 As I already said, make sure you are using WebGL and not Canvas. If you are using the Community_Basic plugin (which should be installed by default the moment you create a new project), you can force WebGL mode: https://gyazo.com/0f3310c1b2963af72aebd05352262471
    Now that I think about it, I'll actually add it to the demo so that this problem doesn't repeat.

If it still won't work, maybe there are issues with WebGL on Mac, I'm not sure. Best you ask the MV dev team then.

EDIT: I added it in the demo. You can try downloading the new demo and see if it works now.

4. Necrojoker00

First Language:
    Spanish
    Alas ultramode7, i barely knew ye.

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  5. bblizzard

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Safari really doesn't support WebGL? :/ That's just sad.

Marquise* likes this.
  6. Chef

Chef yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Safari

Safari 8 and later:

1. From the menu bar, click Safari and then select Preferences.
    2. Click Security.
    3. Check Allow WebGL.
    Earlier versions of Safari:

1. From the menu bar, click Safari and then select Preferences.
    2. Click Advanced.
    3. Check Show Develop menu in menu bar at the bottom of the window.
    4. From the menu bar, click Safari and then select Develop.
    5. Select Enable WebGL.
    ***Asuming you need to change this in your webbrowser and it will automagically work.

Marquise* and bblizzard like this.
  7. Necrojoker00

First Language:
    Spanish
    welp i clicked and it still not running, also when i clicked the dev tools, somehow i think it's not running on safari but chrome, do i need to download an extension or the pixijs thing?.

Attached Files:

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Necrojoker00

First Language:
    Spanish
    Welp i found what i needed, this little fella made the thing to work, just added it on the json "chromium-args": "--ignore-gpu-blacklist", it's looks awesome.

Marquise*, bblizzard and Chef like this.
  9. EthanFox

EthanFox Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Apologies if this has been answered but the thread's at 37 pages.

Has anyone experienced an issue with this where sometimes the sorting is not correct, i.e. sometimes distant objects render on top of nearer objects? Like this:

[​IMG]

10. Chef

Chef yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's the priority (same as / below / above characters). You can kind of solve it by using same as and through or by using MOG Event Sensor.

11. Chef

Chef yeet Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way to let the camera not scroll any further than the sides of a map?

12. bblizzard

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could do it with some simple edits, but depending on the perspective, the map will still look cut off.

Chef likes this.
  13. GALER

GALER Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, I've noticed that only on the mode 7 map, there is a delay/lag when pressing esc for the menu and then exiting. Is there something I can adjust to remove this delay? There are little to none events on the Map and zero parallel processes to slow it down.

Thanks!

14. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Actually that is going to be your problem long term. Apple has announced that all GL support is officially depreciated which means they will post no more updates for it with their OS's. So if scripts and such start depending on newer features it will stop working. As it is, RPGMaker uses OpenGL and with that no longer being updated by Apple odds are you will run into a problem somewhere anyways.

As it is right now dev on a Mac unless you use Apple's special rending software is now very risky.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. bblizzard

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You mean when you exit the menu? It simply takes a moment to load and generate all the vertices for rendering. It's a bit odd since there's not that many more vertices than when rendering a normal map (if any more at all).

The only way this could be mitigated in that specific case is to not delete the spriteset object when leaving the map scene and then reusing it upon re-entering. This is generic code that is independent from UM7 so you can ask anybody to make a simple plugin for you.

GALER likes this.
  16. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Considering they made such moves with their app policies to the point of it now risking antitrust complaints I can believe this is a typical dick move from a force of dictatorial leadership, only in this case it's a matter of old-school corporate greed instead of the next Stalin or Castro. With a situation like that (not to mention the Supreme Court opening up a possible case against this) I'm probably going to have to take the drastic step of canceling the macOS version of my project and removing iPhone as a stretch goal.

On an unrelated note, I also have a question about event definitions literally disappearing from the map if they're within a certain distance of each other as you travel (in this case using airship mode, though to a lesser degree with a truckload of the same type of event definition with the same asset for the same purpose). Obviously when you get back to their positions they show up again, but it gets annoying if they're close together like that for design/plot reasons.

17. bblizzard

First Language:
    Croatian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't think Apple will remove OpenGLES support on iPhones. iPhones make 70% of their hardware revenue and losing out on big name games on the platform, because they stopped supporting the base API they were made with doesn't seem like a plausable business decision. Mac OS itself is somewhat different there, especially since gaming is basically non-existent on Mac OS.
    That being said, I do agree that this is a pure anti-trust move and basically trying to force exclusivity of apps. Devs are less likely to port their game to other platforms if they were made in Metal first and require complete rewriting in OpenGL, OpenGLES or DirectX. I mean I understand it when you make new tech and make your own API or something and it lingers around far longer than it actually should even though multi-platform solutions become readily available. But going backwards is just a dick move and I agree that it should be punished by law.

Can you make a video or at least some screenshots of the issue? There is an issue with events disappearing at the border of looping maps that is present in MV itself (IIRC somebody posted about this before in the topic, but obviously no one of us is going to go through almost 40 pages to find that post xD). Maybe you're just having issues with drawing distance.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Marquise* and KaYsEr like this.
  18. BreakerZero

BreakerZero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (USA)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not necessarily a border issue in my case from what I can tell, but here you go.

VIEWER ADVISORY: This is basically from the post-game phase for which I just finished primary testing, and certain structures don't start like they appear in the video clip (and in some cases they don't even show up at all until they're actually built over the course of plot development). And needless to say, that means spoilers.

19. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes. WebGL is doing great, better than yesterday but not as good as tomorrow. :) I think it'll remain on iOS too.
    And even for Mac OS, here's what the lead WebGL dev at Apple has to say:
    [​IMG]

We can sleep well tonight.. Or stay awake because of other gamedev bs >_< haha. But what I learned over time is to be confident about the future. I mean, today we can emulate the 3Dfx voodoo² card I played on as a kid (using Glide, remember that?) on modern hardware, so now I'm less anxious about all that compatibility masquerade, it's more politics than tech generally (especially coming from Apple) and we have a lot on our plates already.

Marquise* and bblizzard like this.
  20. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @KaYsEr : Except we've already got reports of people who can't run RPGMaker games on Mac due to it using OpenGL. So it's not as nice as that report makes it sounds.