Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like mv3d. and the reason I wouldn't use unity is:
mv3d is the mv engine already there, just makes the graphics 3d. using just a few notetags. some plugins need some compatibility patches to work but most of the non-visual ones work just the same.
unity I'd need to add the rpg parts AND convert the sprites into 3d models with the pixels as texture, or try to make it in an actual 3d program... too much for me.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey. Found a weird issue i was hoping someone could help with. After i deploy my game the Lighting from Khas are EXTREMELY tiny. Shown Below. In the game editor it looks fine. but once i deploy it looks super small.

Any idea how i could fix this? or do you think this is just a compatibility bug with [Ultra Mode 7]?

Also the shadows dont work at all. but im not really concerened with that, im more worried about the lighting.

Also i love this plugin heres what my game is looking like so far

Attachments

• Deployed.png
    Deployed.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Game Editor.png
    Game Editor.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 16

giuliani

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KaYzEr

Thanks a lot, it's very useful
Take care.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey. Found a weird issue i was hoping someone could help with. After i deploy my game the Lighting from Khas are EXTREMELY tiny. Shown Below. In the game editor it looks fine. but once i deploy it looks super small.

Any idea how i could fix this? or do you think this is just a compatibility bug with [Ultra Mode 7]?

Also the shadows dont work at all. but im not really concerened with that, im more worried about the lighting.

Also i love this plugin heres what my game is looking like so far

So ive been messing around the last few days trying to find a fix and i havent found anything to fix the Khas lighting bug yet. I decided to just use Terrax lighting for now until khas gets that bug fix(if it ever does) if not ill just stick with terrax. But yeah, terrax lighting lightsources work just fine when the game is deployed. The regionblocking stuff doesnt work but thats fine i think i can work around it. If anyone comes up with anything for my previous bug i posted please share anyways. I would love to use khas over terrax.\

EDIT 1 - Is UM7 rendering the map ABOVE the actual game map? because ive tried Khas lighting, Terrax Lighting and OcRam lighting and they all duplicate lightsources. One of them is on the player that is rendered onto the UM7 the other seems to be underneath the render and static. Itll move very subtly but i think its because my maps are quite small so the ACTUAL character movement below the render is moving the lighting around, but just barely since ithe maps are small.

Last edited:

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So ive been messing around the last few days trying to find a fix and i havent found anything to fix the Khas lighting bug yet. I decided to just use Terrax lighting for now until khas gets that bug fix(if it ever does) if not ill just stick with terrax. But yeah, terrax lighting lightsources work just fine when the game is deployed. The regionblocking stuff doesnt work but thats fine i think i can work around it. If anyone comes up with anything for my previous bug i posted please share anyways. I would love to use khas over terrax.\

EDIT 1 - Is UM7 rendering the map ABOVE the actual game map? because ive tried Khas lighting, Terrax Lighting and OcRam lighting and they all duplicate lightsources. One of them is on the player that is rendered onto the UM7 the other seems to be underneath the render and static. Itll move very subtly but i think its because my maps are quite small so the ACTUAL character movement below the render is moving the lighting around, but just barely since ithe maps are small.
This will be the last time i post for some assistance. It seems as though no one can help so no point in spamming. A short summary of what is going on thus far and what i think is the issue.

- UM7 and Khas/Terrax/OcRam Lighting are all incompatible. UM7 Renders the lighting onto the UM7 Map. Good. But it also renders the light sources on the RPG Maker Game Engine. Thus, 2 lightsources appear when you place 1 lightsource in the game editor. ( I am not a coder in anyway. i can be completely wrong. But this is what i THINK is going on based on my limited knowledge and experience so far.)

- Shadows/RegionBased Shadow blocking do not work at all. UM7 will Render the shadows onto the UM7 map AND the RPG Maker Game Engine. You can see this very easily in testing, the shadows are all misplaced and duplicated.

- Flashlights duplicate aswell.

If anyone comes up with something. Great. If no one ever responds then thanks for your time and have a good day.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GraySorrow pretty sure there was something some time ago with the places you need to change to fix problems with these plugins. I remember doing so when I used this plugin. Did you read them?

GALER

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys, still having issues when opening up main menu on my Ultra 7 map. Huge delay. Any more ideas?? (There are no parallel events running so that's not wearing it down) thanks!!

Siul

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I've been making some experiments with that amazing plugin, but I don't find a way to make the parallax to look natural. I mean, it's behind everything and it's cool(ish), but it feels kind of unnatural since u see "clouds" below the tiles u are walking.

I've been making some "fixes" increasing map size and blocking the player so they cannot go further and it kinda works. Still,I was wondering if it's possible to have more options on that parallax, such as having one moving as cloudy sky, and a secondary one with the same terrain or something like that.

Also, can a picture be fixed in the back of the map so it can pretend to be a "background"?

I don't know if I have explained myself properly since english is not my first languaje. Sorry for that.

Any clues or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Siul that is a normal parallax thing. I suggest making it only be clouds up to a height, and limiting camera change on that height.

having more than one image there and the like is made with different plugins that were made specifically to control parallaxes, this one is unrelated to that. there are already some out there if you look.

that is normal, known as parallax mapping and can be done easily even without a plugin in mv by putting a ! in front of the parallax's name.
that said, as mentioned a few comments before this plugin is not compatible with it.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@GraySorrow pretty sure there was something some time ago with the places you need to change to fix problems with these plugins. I remember doing so when I used this plugin. Did you read them?
sorry for such a late reply. Thanks for bringing this up. i went through all 43 pages again too check if there was anything and it seems there is something in there on page 40 i think. im gonna try that fix out and let you know if it helps any. again, thanks for this. ive been tearing my hair out trying to find ANYTHING to point me ANY direction. appreciate you bro.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry for such a late reply. Thanks for bringing this up. i went through all 43 pages again too check if there was anything and it seems there is something in there on page 40 i think. im gonna try that fix out and let you know if it helps any. again, thanks for this. ive been tearing my hair out trying to find ANYTHING to point me ANY direction. appreciate you bro.
That fix worked like a charm. i thank you from the deepest pits of tartarus. May all your games/code work perfectly.

Qeo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Uh, I get an error when trying to playtest the demo.

"TypeError
Identifier 'Border' has already been declared "

EMOXD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone tell me why cant i use the plugin outside of demo ver. ? I used the same map notes too but it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

Chef

yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone tell me why cant i use the plugin outside of demo ver. ? I used the same map notes too but it doesn't seem to work.
Have you turned all other plugins off and turning groups of plugins on again? This way you can isolate which plugin is in conflict with Ultra Mode 7. You could do it 1 for 1 but groups of 5 or 10 just go quicker.

The mapnote should just be this: <UltraMode7>

Try these settings:
true
true
false
true

EMOXD

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you turned all other plugins off and turning groups of plugins on again? This way you can isolate which plugin is in conflict with Ultra Mode 7. You could do it 1 for 1 but groups of 5 or 10 just go quicker.

The mapnote should just be this: <UltraMode7>

Try these settings:
true
true
false
true
Thnx.it seems to worked now, thnx to map note.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey ive been using the YAW function alot today and im trying to figure it out completely. When i rotate the camera 90degrees, does 180degrees become 90degrees? or does 180 still mean 180 on the camera rotation. The issue im having is i set up the YAW to be controlled by Q and E. Q should move it 90 degrees left and E 90 degrees right. But for some reason sometimes itll do a FULL 360 before resting at the value i asked for. Below is a snippet of the event. Basically theyre all the same except each Map orientation variable (1,2,3,4) corresponds to a different YAW value. Map Ori 1 is equal to 0. Map Ori 2 is equal to 90 degrees etc. Am i just doing this wrong?

Edit - Ignore the -90 value in some spots. I was doing some testing to see if negative degrees made the camera do the movement in reverse. It does not.

Edit 2 - after further testing it seems it only does the 360 rotation when attempting to return the YAW back to 0. Even if i only rotate by 90 degrees it will still do a full 360 and then go to 0degrees.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    707.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GraySorrow The first argument in the animateYaw function is the absolute target value, not a relative change value. So if e.g. you are at 180 and you use 270 for the target, it will rotate by 90. However, you are be able to use any absolute target value, even outside of the range [0,360]. There is no limitation in that regard. If you want relative movement (e.g. turn right by 90°), simply use something like UltraMode7.animateYaw(UltraMode7.getYaw() + 90, FRAMES). I think I used that variant of the command in the demo as well.

GraySorrow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@GraySorrow The first argument in the animateYaw function is the absolute target value, not a relative change value. So if e.g. you are at 180 and you use 270 for the target, it will rotate by 90. However, you are be able to use any absolute target value, even outside of the range [0,360]. There is no limitation in that regard. If you want relative movement (e.g. turn right by 90°), simply use something like UltraMode7.animateYaw(UltraMode7.getYaw() + 90, FRAMES). I think I used that variant of the command in the demo as well.
i see, thanks for the clarification. Ill get to work on trying it properly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

oh looks like the forums updated while I wasn't looking and we can put a banner now. Neat!
Treating this as a devlog
Finally feel well enough to sketch. Took twenty minutes to find the tablet. Another ten for the cable. Only to discover that my Clip Studio Pro license has expired. Yup. Gonna be one of those days.
Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictorDmAlves