Ultra Mode 7

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@EthanFox Alright, v1.6.1 is up. I overhauled the entire code handling positioning in looped maps and added special handling that will check for sprite visibility in order to determine which of the 3 (if one looping is turned on) or 9 (if both loopings are turned on) should actually be used. This should cover 95% of all edge cases where problems could occur.
I was hoping this solution would have resolved the same issue that Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads has with doodads disappearing off the "left" side of the screen with looped maps... alas it does not (I did report about the issue a long while back ago to you).

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Espilonarge How big are your maps? Is it possible that they disappear because they have to become visible on the other side of the looped map? I didn't test the new code with Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads, but the code governing positioning now uses the same new code as the other objects and sprites.

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While your update does indeed work as intended with event sprites, it seems Yanfly's plugin is still relying off some form of "default" behavior once they reach the maximum player viewpoint (somewhere past 0 of X and/or Y outside the 17x13 range plus how big the doodad is) when a map uses the horizontal and/or vertical looping function.

To best describe it in better detail. If the map is looped horizontally and a doodad is 32 pixels wide, it takes at least 10 tiles after moving to the right for it to disappear (or "teleport" to the other side of the map). The larger the doodad, the more tiles it takes before it happens (eg = 160 pixels wide -> 12 tiles).

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I didn't include any handling of sprite size. This would have complicated the calculations a lot. But you are right, I am still using the default screenX and screenY implemetations of Yanfly's plugin. I guess I should change that code as well then to include more calculations then.

EDIT: I uploaded v1.6.2. Let me know if it works.

Last edited:

suoma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin!Request migration to MZ!

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: I uploaded v1.6.2. Let me know if it works.
I ran in to two issues.

1) Doodads will appear/disappear incorrectly at the looping point of the map.

If you reach the looping point of a horizontal map, doodads from 0-to-X (X being the maps maximum tile space widge) will not be visible until you move past the loop point and you've reached the 10th tile along the X-Axis but doodads from X-to-0 (aka the right side of the map before the loop point) will vanish. If you move back to the 9th tile along the X-Axis, all doodads from X-to-0 (past the loop point) will be visible again but all doodads from 0-to-X will vanish.

The same happens with vertical looping maps where reaching the 6th/7th tiles along the Y-Axis will cause the doodads from the top/bottom side of the map to appear/disappear depending on which tile you're on.

2) If there are an excessive amount of doodads (1000+ onwards) on the map, you'll start to notice a FPS-hitching spike every 10-to-20 seconds (the more doodads on map, the longer the FPS spikes become). This is very much the same issue I reported about back ages ago but this also happens when you're not moving around.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see... :/ Looks like I'll have to spend some more time on this to fix it properly. Do you think you can put together a demo that reflects these issues and send it to me via PM? It would help me a lot to speed up the process.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sure I'll figure something out. No worries. :)

EDIT: Updated to v1.6.3 and fixed all issues.

Last edited:

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Updated to v1.6.3 and fixed all issues.
Much appreciated.

Had to update the plugins config to fix a minor issue (sprites were not "animating" correctly until that was done) and the sprites (including doodads) blend in flawlessly in to the distance (no plugin compatibility issues noted). :D

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, since I added a new option, you need to update the plugin config. xD

Ezzio1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, BBlizzard, Will there be a version to rotate the camera by 4 angles?

Ezzio1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bblizzard I mean a script or function with something like CTR_engine v2.4(if you haven´t seen it, you could check, please) so that you can rotate the camera like 4 times but I am using the new version of Ultra Mode 7 with this notes in part of editing the Orthogonal map:

<UltraMode7_Pitch:60>

<UltraMode7_Yaw:30>

<UltraMode7_FOV:0>

(I think this is there by default).

Then, I want to rotate the camera like 4 times as you see.

Link of CTR_engine v.2.4:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still not sure what you mean by "4 times". xD You can change these parameters on the fly during a map (if that's what you're looking for). Just check the demo. There are a few examples in there.

Narwhales3

Narwhales may not exist but I'll make 'em
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I've just discovered this plugin not too long ago and I really like it! I like this type of camera angle plugins and I can't really find any others like it.
However, I've encountered a problem while trying to use the plugin.
The plugin would always give me an error message, even when I'm trying out the demo
- I tried putting it into an already existing (albeit small) project of mine (with YEP plugins which were free), and I got this error
- I tried putting it into a new project (no other plugins) and got this error, which is the same error I got when I tried to run the demo.

Some other info-
- I have followed the instructions which said to put the <UltraMode7> into the notes of the map but as previously mentioned, it didn't work in the demo so it wouldn't have worked here either way.
- I have WebGL

I'd like to know, if possible, if there is a way to fix it when there are other plugins in play.
Also, if this had already been discussed and I'm just awfully ignorant to it, please link me to it :kaoback:

Cheers!

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
I've just discovered this plugin not too long ago and I really like it! I like this type of camera angle plugins and I can't really find any others like it.
However, I've encountered a problem while trying to use the plugin.
The plugin would always give me an error message, even when I'm trying out the demo
- I tried putting it into an already existing (albeit small) project of mine (with YEP plugins which were free), and I got this error
- I tried putting it into a new project (no other plugins) and got this error, which is the same error I got when I tried to run the demo.

Some other info-
- I have followed the instructions which said to put the <UltraMode7> into the notes of the map but as previously mentioned, it didn't work in the demo so it wouldn't have worked here either way.
- I have WebGL

I'd like to know, if possible, if there is a way to fix it when there are other plugins in play.
Also, if this had already been discussed and I'm just awfully ignorant to it, please link me to it :kaoback:

Cheers!
In order to help you, please take a screen shot of the console (open 'play test' then click f8 or f12 to open it), it's hard to know what's the cost the problem without it.

One of your other plugins probably not compatible with UltraMode7, the best way to check which plugin cost the problem will be to turn 'off' all other plugins you may have except Ultra Mode7, then turn 'on' each of the other plugins one by one, and you do a 'play test' every time, then whatever you get the error you know Wich Plugin cost the problem. Then you could find an alternative or try to ask/fin solution for that specific plugin.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Narwhales3 Yeah, that's actually my fault. ._.;;; I've been refactoring the code slightly and put "const" instead of "var" wherever possible, but I messed up in that place and put a "const" on a value that does get changed. ._.;;; I'll upload a fixed version in a few minutes.

EDIT: v.1.6.4 is up. The issue shouldn't happen anymore. I also noticed that it could possibly happen if you animate more than 1 parameter at once so I fixed that code as well just to be safe. Seems like JavaScript doesn't like multiple const declarations within the same functions even if they are inside of different scopes.

Last edited:

Narwhales3

Narwhales may not exist but I'll make 'em
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In order to help you, please take a screen shot of the console (open 'play test' then click f8 or f12 to open it), it's hard to know what's the cost the problem without it.
So I did what you said, (F8) and it opened 1599030163183.png which should be it.

@Narwhales3 Yeah, that's actually my fault. ._.;;; I've been refactoring the code slightly and put "const" instead of "var" wherever possible, but I messed up in that place and put a "const" on a value that does get changed. ._.;;; I'll upload a fixed version in a few minutes.

EDIT: v.1.6.4 is up. The issue shouldn't happen anymore. I also noticed that it could possibly happen if you animate more than 1 parameter at once so I fixed that code as well just to be safe. Seems like JavaScript doesn't like multiple const declarations within the same functions even if they are inside of different scopes.
Thank you very much! I just downloaded the new version and it works wonderfully, the plugin also works with the other YEP plugins I have in here. Can't wait to see what I can make with it, :rwink: I'll report back if I encounter anything new again.
Once again, tyvm!

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, you already added a screenshot with a stacktrace before so it's fine. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My dynamic weather system grows... now with cloud cover influenced by wind speed! (4x playback) (Not final cloud image/map)
Wrote a plugin today that allows you to assign BGM, Battlebacks, and even Battle Entry SE's on a per-troop basis. Introducing a random encounter with a high-pitched Chicken Squeal is worth it all by itself.
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Asphodelethe wrote on skybluehair's profile.
Hi! I loe your desert NPCs for adding some variety. I've used them in a free game (The Snow Elf on Itch.io) and I'd love to use them in the new game I'm working on, which I hope to release commercially. I'd love your permission if I could have it!

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drovac