bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, added it in v1.7.0. There are some issues in the OcRam Lights plugins and I had to think hard about how to properly do the workarounds to make it work. >.< But I managed to do it in the end.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bblizzard
Wow! bblizzard!
Unbelievable, the good news came so soon, I can’t wait to try him, it’s really cool!
Thank you very much for your excellent work! You are really amazing!:kaojoy:

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! bblizzard
I played all night and found some bugs!
The compatibility of battlefield lights and area lights. If you enter a battle or add area light notes to a tile, an error will pop up. In addition, the coordinate deviation of a single cone light (flashlight) is still very large.
Everything else works great! Maybe we should also @OcRam take a look!
Hope it can be fixed! best regards! :LZSproud:

Battle error
QQ截图20200911022938.png

Area light error
QQ截图20200911021757.png

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll check it out and fix it tomorrow. The fix should be quickly enough, especially since battles don't use UM7.

@bblizzard
Wow! bblizzard!
Unbelievable, the good news came so soon, I can’t wait to try him, it’s really cool!
Thank you very much for your excellent work! You are really amazing!:kaojoy:
It took me about 4 hours to do it all. This is the longest I spent on making a compatibility layer in UM7 for another plugin. xD

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It took me about 4 hours to do it all. This is the longest I spent on making a compatibility layer in UM7 for another plugin. xD
OMG, I can't imagine the realm of twelve years of professional programming experience.
Thank you again for taking the time to respond to this request and all your excellent work!:wub

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anybody can do it, really. It's literally just that: 12 years of experience. If you work professionally as a programmer for that amount of time, you're bound to learn a lot. It's just a matter of putting in the time and effort.

I put up v1.7.1 with a potential fix, but didn't have time to test it. Let me know if it works.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe, but most people who use RM have no programming knowledge. I think that most people who use this software are because of the slogan that it can make without programming! Of course, if you want to do better, programming is inevitable. . . .

I tested it with the UM7 demo project I uploaded. Still doesn't seem to work, error screenshot
QQ截图20200911184502.png

Because of a mistake, I overwritten the plugins.js of my project, and now I am a little broken. . . .:LZSteary:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ugh, forgot a place. I'll fix it ASAP.

@41728280 Done. I didn't change the version. Just download and try it out. Should work now.

Last edited:

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh no. Sorry!
I just found out that you have updated!
I haven't received the forum reminder. I check the forum list every day and click on your post to check the version. But I did not read the last page!
Thank you bblizzard, it works!:kaojoy:

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good job with the OC RAM compatibility, I gave it a try to see if it could be a good alternative to Terrax/Community (that has the shifting problem) and it works (Note: only when OC RAM is above MODE7) lights are well aligned and everything.

Then I simply deploy the game (to go deeper with my tests) and the “misalignment problem” is back for some reason o__o, despite not making any change whatsoever before clicking the deploy button.

I see the Khas red warning isn’t here anymore, cool! :)

EDIT:
I thought my computer needed a reboot because my in-game performances are suddenly pretty bad (choppy scrolling), but I realize it's caused by the plugin's update, as soon as I revert to my previous version (1.6 since I missed what came after, until today with 1.7.1) things go back to normal.

Last edited:

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
EDIT:
I thought my computer needed a reboot because my in-game performances are suddenly pretty bad (choppy scrolling), but I realize it's caused by the plugin's update, as soon as I revert to my previous version (1.6 since I missed what came after, until today with 1.7.1) things go back to normal.
I have a theory as to why this is happening but I kind of forgot to report about it because I was working on a number of other things (I should have spoken up about this weeks ago, my bad!!!). X_x;;;

There is a severe FPS bug I ran in to regarding the "Faded" section of Mode7 enabled maps.

It seems that if events (and doodads if you're using Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads) move inside a "faded" section of a map "vertically", the FPS will take a hit (the more events/doodads moving vertically, the more severe the FPS dip becomes) but if you're moving "horizontally" or simply standing still, the FPS will remain normal (this issue also happens when using an 8-directional movement based plugin).

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can make a demo, I can take a better look at it. :)
It's possible that there are some issues with how the fade code works with doodads. Events shouldn't have this issue though. Anyway, a demo would help me fix this much, much faster.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I discussed with the author on the Knight Editor post two days ago, and there is @bblizzard, maybe you didn’t read it. He said that because the sprite color mixing function calls a large number of sprites per frame, the performance is reduced. Indeed, a severe drop in FPS occurs when walking vertically.
But because I use DragonBones, the code is broken, I don't have FPS problem. It just lost some visual effects.
In addition, seeing the above post, I also tested it after deployment, and OcRam_Lights has indeed shifted again. . .o_O

KaYsEr

Koruldia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a theory as to why this is happening but I kind of forgot to report about it because I was working on a number of other things (I should have spoken up about this weeks ago, my bad!!!). X_x;;;

There is a severe FPS bug I ran in to regarding the "Faded" section of Mode7 enabled maps.

It seems that if events (and doodads if you're using Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads) move inside a "faded" section of a map "vertically", the FPS will take a hit (the more events/doodads moving vertically, the more severe the FPS dip becomes) but if you're moving "horizontally" or simply standing still, the FPS will remain normal (this issue also happens when using an 8-directional movement based plugin).
You’re right, the performance drop is huge when moving vertically (or diagonally up/down), and I pretty much tick all boxes since I have pixel movements with diagonals and a lot of doodadds/events all around:

But with previous versions of the plugin it’s super smooth, as we see in this short video. Better stick to 1.6 for now I guess. Very curious to know why the OcRam fix is “deactivated” when we deploy the game and fine in test-mode, like.. Genuinely curious about why that kind of thing can even happen. Something to do with NWJS? Like a difference between the SDK in playtest and the regular thing maybe. Now I’m paranoid this can happen with other stuff. :LZSlol:

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure it's a mistake I did in my code because I did change that part. Or maybe changing the sprite tint is simply a very expensive operation. :/

EDIT: Found it. Unfortunately MV's design on how to use overlay colors is flawed. :/ Rather than running the color mixing in the shader on the GPU, MV actually redraws the sprite's texture into a temporary texture every time the blend color or the color tone has been changed. :/ This makes it effectively impossible for me to do any optimization on that part. I'll reupload UM7 with that option turned off by default and add a note in the instructions.

Last edited:

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bblizzard, or is it possible to add a parameter setting of mixed colors, and determine when it will be enabled through scripts or plug-in commands in the game? (This is the suggestion made by the author of KE last time, I think it is good)
Is there a reason for the compatibility failure of OcRam_Lights after deployment?

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Technically you can quickly change the usage by using "UltraMode7.CHARACTERS_USE_FADE_Z = true" or "UltraMode7.CHARACTERS_USE_FADE_Z = false", but this change won't be reflected in saved games and you need to set it up for every map.

IDK why OcRam would cause issues. Again, a demo that can reliably reproduce the issue can help me fix it.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, I don't really need the fade-in function, because the DragonBones I used have destroyed the original code of color mixing.
With UM7, it is impossible to create three-dimensional images without using doodads or events. Only by adding stereo images can the effect of UM7 be expressed.
Since it is impossible to optimize, for performance, I can discard the visual effect of fade in. But it might be useful for others
The minimum version of UM7 I keep is 1.6.4, it also has this performance problem, I don't know what 1.6 looks like.
The strange thing is that I use the demo of UM7 with OcRam_Lights, and there is no problem after deployment. Maybe it is the same plugin that I and @KaYsEr use, which affects the deployment. I am looking for it.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found it, it has something to do with doodads. I have sent you a demo through PM, you can directly deploy and test it!:biggrin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Do you have an audio you want me to animate? If so send me the youtube link and I’ll animate it.
Okay, so I'm working on Draft 2 of my game's script.
Will try to keep you guys posted, if you're interested!

This is vid of my new game, Crystalgazers. A demo is available on my Gamejolt

I just thought of the best achievement for my game: "'I Didn't Know You Were a Developer!' Find and enter one or more dev room(s)."
I made this animation to apply to a job, what do you think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjrocks2000