Manfilth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there guys!
I've created (or rather dusted off) an account specifically for this as I can't seem to be able to find a solution online anywhere I've looked. The Plugin does not seem to work at all for me. I've tried my best to trouble-shoot all i can. It just simply never changes the angle or shows any visual differences. Yes I've turned it on and used the notes on the map and basically even copied the note tag of the demo and on a fresh project it all works as intended, so it must be with my game.
I've tried disabling all plugins I'm using but it still isn't working. What else could be the issue that isn't plugin related? I'm super scared i'll have to start over since i cannot seem to pinpoint on what's going on here at all!

Looking forward to your help, I'm currently at the end of my wits haha

Just for further info, these are the plugins i've currently loaded:

Attachments

• Pluginsshow1.png
    Pluginsshow1.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 9

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there guys!
I've created (or rather dusted off) an account specifically for this as I can't seem to be able to find a solution online anywhere I've looked. The Plugin does not seem to work at all for me. I've tried my best to trouble-shoot all i can. It just simply never changes the angle or shows any visual differences. Yes I've turned it on and used the notes on the map and basically even copied the note tag of the demo and on a fresh project it all works as intended, so it must be with my game.
I've tried disabling all plugins I'm using but it still isn't working. What else could be the issue that isn't plugin related? I'm super scared i'll have to start over since i cannot seem to pinpoint on what's going on here at all!

Quick though: what mv 'virsion' do you using? Check the is 1.6 or up (open your 'rpg_core.js' and see the virsion number)
And also which Ultra mode 'virsion' you are using, are is the last one (open the file in 'text' file and check the virsion

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there guys!

1) Could you please post a screenshot of the maps "Note" box? It might just be a simple typo but it's worth investigating to make sure.
2) Try using Plugin/Script calls in an Event on the map itself to see if it works. I generally aim towards using more refined control methods instead of defaulting to just the Note box (eg = zoom/angling a map when entering/leaving a map).

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also try putting UM7 at the very bottom of your plugin list.

Manfilth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, sorry for the delayed reply, still having a few holiday situations around here.
First of all thanks for such quick replies and suggestions, i really apreciate your efforts.

I'll answer to the suggestions given to me chronologically

I tried to check for my rpg core versions, i'm not entirely sure where to find that, though. I've opened it but i couldn't find anything that would indicate what version that core is currently on, i could probably be missing something, though.
As for the RPG maker itself, i am on the most up to date version, i just redownloaded the update,currently not at home so i had to download it fresh off steam anyhow and it updated itself right away. The UM7 is on version 1.7.3, that would be the latest, i think? So both should be all up to date.

I did try to call the plugin with the scripts, i simply copied an event over from the demo project provided with the plugin and the dialog and everything pops up but nothing happens. So the script is being called as far as i'm aware. If it's useful i can try to call the script via it's commands by a different even created by me, but i doubt that would fix it, since that is really no different than with the npc which has the exact same commands as the one from the demo.

Here's a screenshot from the notebox for the map (or well any map) I'm trying to test this on.
Thanks again for your quick replies and hopefully we can find some way to figure out why it's just not working

Attachments

• notetags1.png
    notetags1.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 1

Manfilth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick addition:
Could it somehow be that some base-script that i have is outdated? Like the rpg core for example?
If so, how do i go about updating these? Because like i said, on a fresh project everything works as intended even though i haven't changed my process for my own project. That should mean there is something off, right?
Edit:
And the plugin is at the bottom of my list now, still nothing sadly

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quick addition:
Could it somehow be that some base-script that i have is outdated? Like the rpg core for example?
If so, how do i go about updating these? Because like i said, on a fresh project everything works as intended even though i haven't changed my process for my own project. That should mean there is something off, right?
Edit:
And the plugin is at the bottom of my list now, still nothing sadly

About the place in your plugin list, for me, it actually only works when I put it on top of all of my plugins, not at the bottom so you can try that.

Now to find your 'rpg_core.js' file go to your project and click on 'JS' folder, there you should see a file named 'rpg_core.js, change the .js to .txt then open it with any 'text' software, on the second line of the file it will say something like this: rpg_core.js v1.6.2 and that's the version of your mv for this project.

Now the thing about steam, even if you update your 'mv' on steam I don't think it auto-update projects you already created, but when you create a new project from now on it will be with the new version, so it's possible your 'rpg_core.js' of the project you working on is older and therefor some stuff not working.

let's go back to how you change your mv version of this specific project you working on:

1. Since you update your mv engine through steam already, simply open a new project and save it (with any name you want).

2. Open your current project with the old 'rpg_core.js' file and backup all the .js files in there (not the one in 'plugin' or 'lab' folders), do it to have a backup just in case (if you have space you can backup your all project if that easier).

3. Open your new project and go to the 'js' folder, then copy post all the .js files except the plugin.js file to your 'js' folder in your current project (you don't want to copy the 'plugin.js' file since this file save the plugin list+setting you have in your current project).

And that's it, your project now has the last up to date mv engine. To confirm that open again the new rpg_core.js' file in any text redder (make sure to first change the .js to .txt) and see if it say at the start of the file rpg_core.js v1.6.2.

Edit:
Don't forget to change the 'rpg_core.txt' back to .js file before testing your game.

Hope that the reason for the problem, try it out and let us know if you have an older version of mv, and if so if the update helped.

Last edited:

Manfilth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did as you told me (and it makes sense i think)
I think, however, that i must have done something wrong?
I replaced every file (without the ones in the folders and the plugin.js) and now i can't start the game.
Shows me that error message (pic attached)

Clearly it's trying to reference other plugins (like the yep one here) that are now on a different version? That would make sense to me, i'm not entirely sure though, maybe i did something wrong.
Do i need to download the latest versions of the plugins im using then?

EDIT: I did some googling and found that some people have this issue when they also havent copied the index html over, i did that and it still shows the same message, anyone any idea?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Manfilth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works!
I'm really not entirely sure what i was missing but i think it was just a single file that didn't properly move over. I copied the lib folder, too - all except for the plugins folder and the js one as i was told. I could swear i did that before!
No matter, thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: So how do you all go about making certain objects actually pop up? I know i'll need to event them, but does that mean i need to create or format every tileset i have to be made of 4 individual textures?
That would mean for every table i'd need to make 4 events that each have 4 textures on them?

Last edited:

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It works!
I'm really not entirely sure what i was missing but i think it was just a single file that didn't properly move over. I copied the lib folder, too - all except for the plugins folder and the js one as i was told. I could swear i did that before!
No matter, thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: So how do you all go about making certain objects actually pop up? I know i'll need to event them, but does that mean i need to create or format every tileset i have to be made of 4 individual textures?
That would mean for every table i'd need to make 4 events that each have 4 textures on them?

Yes, I forgot to mention the .index file needs to be replaced as well, and I'm glad to hear it works now.

About the '4 individual textures' (If I understand your question right), there is no need for 4 events, you can add a 'bigger' event size to RPG mv by making sure is 3x4 Image (each need to be the same size area) and add '$' sign before the file name, then you only need one event for each object/tile you using (cliffs are another story and might need more than one event for that).

To set up the 'size' of the event for your case, you can use 'Yep_Event Hitbox Resize' plugin for adding the trigger size for the event (to stop a player from going into the event.

knightron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, I just noticed I never posted this here.

They changed the low-level tiling code in MZ so it's a bit of work to make an MZ version and I'm not sure yet if I will ever make one. I'm mostly still waiting for MZ to go on a heavy sale before I buy and try it out. xD

Hi, I know this may seem a little suss because I'm new here but I will buy you a license for MZ if you will make a Ultra Mode 7 plugin version for MZ.
How's that sound?

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I know this may seem a little suss because I'm new here but I will buy you a license for MZ if you will make a Ultra Mode 7 plugin version for MZ.
Is already a mz virsion, look up...

knightron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have looked it up, that's how I found this thread. I can't see anything for MZ. Do you have links?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is already a mz virsion, look up...
I don't see an MZ plugin for this when I search, either, is it named something weird?

Also, I only mention it because you use the word a lot in your posts - it's spelled "version."

TheGameAfter

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have looked it up, that's how I found this thread. I can't see anything for MZ. Do you have links?
Wait my bad, I right is altimit pixel movement, there is no mz virsion for ultra mode 7, however there are two 3 plugins, 1 is a mz virsion for mv one and there is a new one in the development. If you specifically need the mz virsion ask bblizzare, if you give him an mz virsion it might port this plugin to mz, but no promise.

i also remember I sew another similar plugin to this one in development to mz, but I don't remember where I sew it. I still think if you need ultra mode 7 plugin and not 3d your best chance will be to ask the developer of this plugin

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@knightron Haha, no need, but thanks. It's not a money issue, it's a time issue. xD When I have time, I might just get MZ at full price or w/e. I'm just trying to catch high sales whenever I can. xD

ephesus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I get lots of trouble trying to place doodads anywhere remotely close to the edge of looping maps. Sometimes no trouble either. I've come up with a system of moving as far "into" the map as I can until redraw snaps off then place doodads way off to the side, lol. Is there any workaround to this? Also, I am trying to use OCRAM lights the lights are all off center or misplaced. is the only thing I can do is to manually offset as best as I can or is there also a possible workaround for this as well?

Thanks for the amazing plugin!

barrydwiseman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying to run a playtest from the RPG Maker MV software itself on WebGL mode as I specified on community_basic plugin but it keeps coming up with the error below. I know if I change it to auto it works but I can't see UltraMode7's effect running it on that.
Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 5.05.44 AM.png

How can I make it so the game making software itself test plays using WebGL?

Has it got anything to do with my mac? If so, here's my specs if it determines anything.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 5.10.57 AM.png

Thanks for any input guys :)

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@barrydwiseman There was a user a year ago or so who had similar issues. I can't remember how he resolved them so it's best if you search for his posts in this thread and read them. I vaguely remember that he had to something with his Mac to fix it.

Apple deprecated OpenGL, but that shouldn't have any effect on WebGL. The other possibility is that MV needs an update on the Mac side if the underlying node.js client has issues with WebGL maybe.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

me: “I’m gonna take a break from game making.”
*five hours later*
me: yeah okay fine I needed to redo that map. Sure.
The OFFICIAL RPG Maker Discord Server is Here | RPG Maker News #116

And the time has come for me to enjoy a good cup of hot cocoa before I sleep... Strangely, that actually helps.
If I ever need to stay up late working on projects, I always get tired. Do you guys think I should try G-Fuel to keep me up and focused at night? And if so, what flavor is best?
I do tend to be quite a night owl.
"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it... EVER was."
Ugh. This update is taking so long that I'm starting to run out of topics for the weekly blogs that I was making to make up for the fact that it was taking so long to begin with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raffa2k