Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone. I never took time to introduce myself. My name is Vincent, i live in Paris. I always wanted to make a video game since my first computer in 1992. I asked my dad if we could do one, he said "sure", thinking i wanted to do a simple drawing. Anyway, 30 years later, i'm working on my first project. Nothing fancy, just a little dream for me, and maybe a waste of time for you.

I always thought that my career would look like a video game, with a lot of checkpoints. The first level was to becoming a journalist, the second level was to becoming an author, and i'm now in the third level making a video game.

My first RPG was Shining Force on megadrive/Genesis, so i'm very glad to see how RPG maker works. Everything seems easy for noob like me. I also love being surrounded by passionnate people, so it's a pleasure to see other creations on this forum.
I wish you guys an happy new year, full of great projects, tilesets, monsters and so on.

PS: I apologize in advance for stupid questions i may ask in the future. Don't blame me, blame my ignorance:LZSrasp:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi honey, welcome! :kaoluv: Errything's a waste of time 'cept sailing, is what they say, but still, keep making yo game!

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
henlo vincent! welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome to the forum! I think playing RPGs is what inspired many of us to create our own. It certainly was the case with me. :LZSsmile:

I hope you don't think this is too personal a question, but what arrondissement are you in? I studied abroad in Paris and I lived in either the 6th or the 14th arrondissement. I was near the edge of one or the other and really liked the location. I recall my apartment was just barely within sight of the Eiffel Tower. I remember walking a couple blocks to the top of a hill nearby my apartment to watch the Bastille Day fireworks.

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Magenta-Fantaisies. I live near Gare du Nord, where there is... Boulevard Magenta. I like living in the 18th district, but i know that living in the 6th or 14th is far better.

Last edited:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the world of fulfilling a childhood dream! :)

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm glad you liked it

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Magenta-Fantaisies. I live near Gare du Nord, where there is... Boulevard Magenta. I like living in the 18th district, but i know that living in the 6th or 14th is far better.
I've been to that specific area before! I don't recall if I ever took a train from Gare du Nord or not, but I've been by it. I remember walking down Boulevard Magenta since my favorite color is magenta (which is where my username comes from.) It brings back memories. :LZSjoy:

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're welcome anyhtime. I'm a proud couchsurfing member.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For my 100th post, I wanted to thank this forums community for the generosity and respect that each of you show.

I'm always impressed when I see the 6x veterans (in number of years compared to my presence here on these forums) continue to help and support all the community members on a daily basis, the awesome artists who share their creations with so much passion...
If a person becomes voluntarily missing, does it cause the butterfly effect?
normal_water_is_fine.jpg

Just going to use stationary water for the randomized maps. Sure, particles would look cool... But this is about compromising and not spending countless hours making the perfect water particle for each set piece with water. :kaoswt:
Maybe I should get rid of the Banish ability in my game. It's a non-elemental spell that doesn't even appear in the magic chart. It's only there because my Elementalist doesn't use light or dark magic. It only effects summoned creatures.
ScreenShot_5_18_2022_0_37_0.png
I've been redoing all of the major areas in my game. starting with a place called Century Park. thankfully because all of the locations are distorted memories, I can make these places pretty abstract.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewzah