Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone. I never took time to introduce myself. My name is Vincent, i live in Paris. I always wanted to make a video game since my first computer in 1992. I asked my dad if we could do one, he said "sure", thinking i wanted to do a simple drawing. Anyway, 30 years later, i'm working on my first project. Nothing fancy, just a little dream for me, and maybe a waste of time for you.

I always thought that my career would look like a video game, with a lot of checkpoints. The first level was to becoming a journalist, the second level was to becoming an author, and i'm now in the third level making a video game.

My first RPG was Shining Force on megadrive/Genesis, so i'm very glad to see how RPG maker works. Everything seems easy for noob like me. I also love being surrounded by passionnate people, so it's a pleasure to see other creations on this forum.
I wish you guys an happy new year, full of great projects, tilesets, monsters and so on.

PS: I apologize in advance for stupid questions i may ask in the future. Don't blame me, blame my ignorance:LZSrasp:

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi honey, welcome! :kaoluv: Errything's a waste of time 'cept sailing, is what they say, but still, keep making yo game!

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
henlo vincent! welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Welcome to the forum! I think playing RPGs is what inspired many of us to create our own. It certainly was the case with me. :LZSsmile:

I hope you don't think this is too personal a question, but what arrondissement are you in? I studied abroad in Paris and I lived in either the 6th or the 14th arrondissement. I was near the edge of one or the other and really liked the location. I recall my apartment was just barely within sight of the Eiffel Tower. I remember walking a couple blocks to the top of a hill nearby my apartment to watch the Bastille Day fireworks.

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Magenta-Fantaisies. I live near Gare du Nord, where there is... Boulevard Magenta. I like living in the 18th district, but i know that living in the 6th or 14th is far better.

Last edited:

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the world of fulfilling a childhood dream! :)

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm glad you liked it

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Magenta-Fantaisies. I live near Gare du Nord, where there is... Boulevard Magenta. I like living in the 18th district, but i know that living in the 6th or 14th is far better.
I've been to that specific area before! I don't recall if I ever took a train from Gare du Nord or not, but I've been by it. I remember walking down Boulevard Magenta since my favorite color is magenta (which is where my username comes from.) It brings back memories. :LZSjoy:

Uber_Gouber

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You're welcome anyhtime. I'm a proud couchsurfing member.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.
IGMC is back everyone!
Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zadrave