Unable to activate VX Ace Lite

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm interested in creating a small game in a limited software.
And for that reason, I decided to try giving VX Ace Lite a go.
Unfortunatly, since I already own the full version of VX Ace Lite, Steam isn't really letting me get the Lite version...

So, I decided to get the non-steam version of the program instead.
Only problem is... I'm not able to activate it. Getting an error.
"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive"
At least that's what I assume what the error is, as it's in russian, the language my Windows is set to.

I have temporarly turned of my antivirus, and that didn't help.

So... Any other way I can get VX Ace Lite to work?
Or get the Steam version when I already own full VX Ace?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately there was a problem with the drm for Ace Lite years ago, they had to take down the independent version and redirect everyone to steam for ace lite.
and if you still get that message with the standalone lite now, then Degica most probably decided to no longer try solving this.

The only solution I can think of at the moment would be to make a new, secondary steam account only for Ace Lite.
But perhaps @Touchfuzzy has another solution

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We only offer VX Ace Lite through Steam.

If you already have VX Ace, I'm not sure why you would want the lesser version of it though?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you already have VX Ace, I'm not sure why you would want the lesser version of it though?
I own MV as well, which is much better than VX ACE.
However, because I was never able to finish any project I make, I think having a program with a lot of restrictions that Lite has would actually allow me to finish a small game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(
Cartoonier cloud cover that better fits the art style, as well as (slightly) improved blending/fading... fading clouds when there are larger patterns is still somewhat abrupt for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Usagiis