Unable to add more images to my thread

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am trying to create a tutorial thread, however I am unable to upload any more images to said thread. This is a problem, because I want to have images accompanying my tutorial, both for the purpose of the tutorial being useful for visual learners, and for the purpose of breaking up the text so it doesn't look like a large wall of text.
Initially I was uploading the images in a .png format. When I found myself unable to add more images, I was told to try the .jpg format instead, and this had the same thing happen.
If I try to add another image using the "Attach Files" button, the filename is struck through and grayed out, and I am unable to insert the file into my post. If I try to add it by directly pasting it into the thread, most of the time I get a notification that says "Oops! We ran into some problems. Oops! We ran into some problems." (Interestingly this time it isn't directing me to refresh the page like the previous versions did.) Only once has the image successfully been pasted into the thread.
Is there a limit on how many images can be added to the thread? Is there a limit on the cumulative size of files that can be added? Or is this just an error on my end?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if its used to many images, create a word document or PDF containing those.
another way is to add the images in a Rar/zip package named Image_1, Image_2 etc
than in your tutorial (see image_1) etc.

I dont know how many images are allowed, but if you used spoilers for images as well.
than I dont see any other way to do so.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
How are you adding images? Through attachments or are you using a site like imgur? I know there's a limit with the former, but I don't think there's a limit with the later method.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, so there is a limit when you add them through attachments. Is that limit also there when you paste the images directly into the thread?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't think so. I have quite a lot of images in my resource thread (though of course those posts were made several forum softwares ago).

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that, at least when I was trying to create the thread, it would give me the error whether I pasted the image directly into the thread or whether I attached it via the "Attach Files" button.
In any case, attaching images via imgur is working now, thank you for reminding me that imgur was an option (haven't used it in a while so I kind of forgot, oops).

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just out of curiosity, have you tried this method? No idea how it is different from attaching or if it would work better, just thought I would suggest it.

1584549457206.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't try that method, come to think of it. I think I kind of just assumed it was basically the same as adding images from the button or from pasting it into the thread directly.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It may be, I’ve never experimented.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say "pasting the images directly into the thread" do you mean pasting the images or pasting a link to the images? Generally it's advised to put the images on another site, like imgur, and to put a link to it in your thread. You can add the link in a way that makes the image appear in the post rather than having to click to open.

This means you're not limited by any image size restrictions that the forum might enforce.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was directly pasting the images themselves into the thread, because at the time I'd forgotten that I even had an imgur account. (It's been a while since I had to use imgur.) It's all been sorted out now, hopefully the next time I go to attach images I won't have forgotten about my imgur account.
I didn't know that the forums had any kind of image size/image amount restrictions, although I probably should have figured there would be one.

burbigo1

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I've never tried any attaching method so I can't say

GATYRA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
français
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I know that, at least when I was trying to create the thread, it would give me the error whether I pasted the image directly into the thread or whether I attached it via the "Attach Files" button.
In any case, attaching images via imgur is working now, thank you for reminding me that imgur was an option (haven't used it in a while so I kind of forgot, oops).
If I try to add another image using the "Attach Files" button, the filename is struck through and grayed out, and I am unable to insert the file into my post. If I try to add it by directly pasting it into the thread, most of the time I get a notification that says "Oops! We ran into some problems. Oops! We ran into some problems." (Interestingly this time it isn't directing me to refresh the page like the previous versions did.) Only once has the image successfully been pasted into the thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*
Hi, I made a game for a competition. I need some players to help play and vote for the best game.

https://ekamu.itch.io/not4ever
don’t forget to rate the game here

Voting is open until 12 August.

Thanks.
Progresses. Tonight: refinemment, column, pitfall, bump and gutter (I'll leave doors for last, they are scary).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh