Unable to find file

Elise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(This isn't really feedback, but I didn't know where else to put it)

I just installed Khas Awesome Lighting Effects, and I copied the script from his example game and such and pasted it into my current project.

But when I tried to open it it said "Unable to find file: Graphics/Lights/light

I've encountered this problem before with battlebacks and I fixed it somehow but I don't remember how.

help please?

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Elise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I mean, when I try to play the game there's just a black screen and a notif that pops out and says that. I think my events and auto runs are ok?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That error means there is a missing file in that directory. It will not run until you put a file by that name in that directory. Check and see if you copied over all the needed files from the demo (as it looks like you didn't based on the error message).

Elise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.
I tried doing that but it said Graphics/Lights/light was an unusable name, I then tried making a lights file in the Graphics area and putting another lights file into that, which didn't work either.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 I then tried making a lights file in the Graphics
You do not make a lights file - you need to copy the existing file from the demo into your own project.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is because you have been including the full destination path, with all its folders, in the file name.  Those forward slashes (i.e. the /) are not acceptable in a file name because they are used by your computer to separate out folders.  Just call the file Light.  Then find your Graphics folder.  You should have a Lights folder (not file) there.  If you haven't got one, make it.  Put the file Light into it.

I am unclear why you have quoted taarna23's post about moving the thread here.

Elise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh I was just adding to my original post, sorry, I'm kinda new to this XD

Elise

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would try that, but it won't even let me access the demo, it says unable to find actor data.

WeganB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Same problem.  Does anyone have a working lights folder?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is your game on Steam's folder? it might cause some problems but IDK.

Get the light files from the demo folder of Khas, you dont even need to open the project on RPG maker, you just navigate the folder via windows.

If you copy and paste it the same way Khas has it in his demo folder, it should work fine unless you edited his script. Also, make sure your events that activate the lights are configured same way as his, but it might be a problem since u cant seem to be able to open his project.

I would try that, but it won't even let me access the demo, it says unable to find actor data.
maybe try redownloading it? you might have damaged the file during download. I have his project in my computer and I can open it just fine, but that's on my home comp so I can't get it for you (I might not even be allowed to do so as it's his resources, not mine)

and please post a link to his script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...
What I would give to actually get some feedback on my game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sayb