Unable to have 2 Magic Users

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update: Solved. It was the CB which was causing the issue on the event.  It was basically telling the event to do nothing if one or the other of my magic users was in the party. Deleted the problem part and redid the event.  Now it works.

Not sure if this is the right place or not for this, but here goes:

RPGMaker VXAce: I have 2 kinds of magic users in my game: Sage and Witch.  If I add the Sage to my party, it wont let me add the Witch also. Same thing happens if I add the Witch first. I have tried this a number of different ways, such as starting my game as the Sage or the Witch with the same issue.  I am ending up with just 3 members in my party. I am stuck. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't want to come off as being a jerk but for me to help out, I'd need a lot more information.There's so many things that could be causing this: it could be a script, the way the characters are set up, do you have 4 characters as party? Is there anyway you could provide some screen shots? 

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've moved this thread to RPG Maker VX Ace Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

With that out of the way, more information would be helpful.

• Are you using any scripts?
  • If so, have you tried removing/disabling those scripts temporarily?
  • Might it be a quirk in the event you're using (you could share a screenshot)?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, there's absolutely nothing in the engine by default that would cause this.

What does happen when you try to add the second character?  Do you get an error message, and what does it say?  Does it seem like it all works properly (any other commands in the same event run) but they're just not added to your party?  You are checking the menu afterwards and only one of the two characters is ever there?  Or are they both there, but only one in the active lineup (battles)?

You've already been asked some good questions, but I'd like to be more specific - I'd be interested in seeing the Actor pages for both of these characters, also your System tab, and the event where you attempt to add the second person.  Please use Alt+PrintScreen to capture the full windows with no cropping, to make sure you give us as much as we need to see.  I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it fairly easily.

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First: no scripts, all eventing.  No error messages when trying to add the 4th member.  Everything else works perfectly when adding other party members.  The 4th member is not showing up in the menu. I do have a 4 member party.  I think the issue is in the events for adding the members since I use a character creation system in the beginning of the game and depending on what character you choose, it turns on switches.  I have uploaded the whole thing to Dropbox since it would take pages of screenshots to see all the eventing and I thought maybe this way, you can download the whole thing and look at the events and tell me what I did wrong. This is the first time I have uploaded anything to Dropbox to share so hope this works. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97098361/Fantasya.zip

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that's one of the most complicated systems I've ever seen evented - there are SO many places where things can go wrong.  It's too confusing/convoluted for me to understand what's going on, and I'm sure there would be several ways that you could simplify it (and reduce errors).

I suggest you rework the entire thing and make it as simple as possible.  One actor for each character you can recruit, and use the Change Actor Name, Change Actor Images, Change Actor Class commands to set them up according to the player choices.  Then you can use the options available in the Conditional Branches to determine who is, and who isn't, in the party.

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
thank you for the feedback... it was my first project and i got a little over excited and way over ambitious with it... will go back and simplify it... i think it is in the events that i used, just wasn't sure which one or which CB was causing the issue...  i am still new to this and still working through the tuts even though i been around for i think 6 mths now...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero
Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
littlecyber